• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of this stuff is already on the profile, just thought scans would be good
If I don't mention the source, its because its already on the imgur link

Resistances:

Sound Manipulation (Survived a sonic blast from Sonar, which was strong enough to knock people unconscious.)

Abilities:

Longevity (Self explanatory)

Heat Manipulation, why doesn't he have this already? We link it to energy projection instead for some reason
(Heat vision caused Black Adam to yell in pain - World War III #4, who can no sell Power Girl's heat vision which melted gold)

Memory Manipulation (Erased some of the JLA's memories, including wally's and superman)

Enhanced Senses / Extrasensory Perception: J'onn can see the mental aura of others

Empathic Manipulation: Caused a man to laugh - World War 3 #3 Calmed a giant alien down by stimulating its pleasure centers and Altered the Red King's emotions after he was vulnerable due to absorbing emotions

Durability Negation: Phased his hand through White Martians to kill them. J'onn was willing to become unsolid and rematerialize inside Z's brain to destroy him

Invisibility: J'onn can become invisible through phasing, and used it to sneak attack The Weird

Sleep Manipulation: Kept Vishnu asleep to prevent him from ending all of Creation. Put Diane to sleep with a mental nudge

Soul Manipulation: Used telepathy to remove Harley's soul from Diane's body

Intelligence justification : Batman stated that J'onn was the master tactician of the JLA

Last edited:
Also, Wonder Woman gets another scan of resistance to poison based off of that, and resistance to sound manipulation along with space and time manipulation

Black Adam gets heat resistance

That's not how resistance to sound works. Although the last scan can be used.

Longevity (Self explanatory)
Elaborate. Also wasn't it stated somewhere that he is immortal or somesuch?

Heat Manipulation, why doesn't he have this already? We link it to energy projection instead for some reason
I believe most of the time its treated as energy hax rather than heat hax. Tho the black adam scan does show heat. So eh

Mind hax

Enhanced Senses / Extrasensory Perception: J'onn can see the mental aura of others
Esp can work

Ngl, seems dubious

Can you show previous or later scans to show its him doing it?

with a mental nudge
just mind hax

can I see some later scans of this?

Absolutely not. That would be Gifted at best.

Anything I haven't commented on seems fine

That's not how resistance to sound works. Although the last scan can be used.

Elaborate. Also wasn't it stated somewhere that he is immortal or somesuch?

I believe most of the time its treated as energy hax rather than heat hax. Tho the black adam scan does show heat. So eh

Mind hax

Esp can work

Ngl, seems dubious

Can you show previous or later scans to show its him doing it?

just mind hax

can I see some later scans of this?

Anything I haven't commented on seems fine

His own profile mentions him as being thousands of years old. Its also common knowledge, like Wonder Woman coming from Themyscira

Why does social influencing look dubious?

That's the only scan I have of keeping Vishnu asleep

Using mindhax to put someone to sleep is still sleep manipulation

I believe most of the time its treated as energy hax rather than heat hax.

False

Do you think being the goddamn master tactician of a man of a team that includes ******* Batman of all people is just gifted? If you do I'm appearing in your dreams tonight

Just saw this

Can you elaborate further about the time and space hax?

For which one? Karen's? Sure.
She tanked spatial and time warping

His own profile mentions him as being thousands of years old. Its also common knowledge, like Wonder Woman coming from Themyscira
sure works. i will see if i can find the immortality one

Why does social influencing look dubious?
That doesn't seem like SI at all. He is just threatening him if anything.

Using mindhax to put someone to sleep is still sleep manipulation
Meh both can work, but seems more of a minxhax thing.
sigh, I said most. Did I misspell it somewherE?

Do you think being the goddamn master tactician of a man of a team that includes ******* Batman of all people is just gifted? If you do I'm appearing in your dreams tonight
mate, it's nothing special. Do you know what qualifies for genius? let alone extraordinary genius?

I saw the scan, elaborate on how she is tanking and how the other person warps shit.

sure works. i will see if i can find the immortality one

That doesn't seem like SI at all. He is just threatening him if anything.

Meh both can work, but seems more of a minxhax thing.

sigh, I said most. Did I misspell it somewherE?

mate, it's nothing special. Do you know what qualifies for genius? let alone extraordinary genius?

I saw the scan, elaborate on how she is tanking and how the other person warps shit.
Social Influencing includes being good at convincing others to do things. Its very easy to force someone to give you information, but this is Lex Luthor we're talking about

Tell me what qualifies for extraordinary genius then

It says his attacks allow him to bend time and space when he was attacking Diana, and Diana took no damage from it. You didn't read the scan

Batman is an extraordinary genius because he can throw punches in at least 127 different ways and knows languages. Not because he's a tactician, so idk how that would scale.

Social Influencing includes being good at convincing others to do things. Its very easy to force someone to give you information, but this is Lex Luthor we're talking about
Yeah that's not what's happening here?

Tell me what qualifies for extraordinary genius then
Like this;
Individuals whose knowledge spreads over many fields of science and who vastly surpass the intellects of the smartest humans on Earth. At this level, many are capable of creating futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, and potentially even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations, or outperforming supercomputers. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.
In addition, Martian Manhunter doesn't have anything near genius level. We can't throw around intelligence ratings just because he is a master tactician. for genius level, you need some actual feats of intelligence, not this.

Also the complex strategies bit is just supporting evidence. And it needs to have feats on how it works if used by itself.

Also from Batman's file, extremely different;
Extraordinary Genius. The officially second most intelligent person on the planet after Lex Luthor. Proven to know at least 127 different martial arts styles, and has merged them together in order to create new styles. He is also considered one of the greatest martial artists in existence and claims that he has read every book in the world in order to prepare for any eventuality.

It says his attacks allow him to bend time and space when he was attacking Diana, and Diana took no damage from it. You didn't read the scan
I did but it doesn't prove anything. You have to prove his attacks actually hit diana - which is kinda confusing cause bad art. plus I need to know the applications of his power. Statements like that are worthless on its own.

Yeah that's not what's happening here?

Like this;

In addition, Martian Manhunter doesn't have anything near genius level. We can't throw around intelligence ratings just because he is a master tactician. for genius level, you need some actual feats of intelligence, not this.

Also the complex strategies bit is just supporting evidence. And it needs to have feats on how it works if used by itself.

Also from Batman's file, extremely different;

I did but it doesn't prove anything. You have to prove his attacks actually hit diana - which is kinda confusing cause bad art. plus I need to know the applications of his power. Statements like that are worthless on its own.
You can clearly see that Diana blocks it. I don't know his feats, but the statement alone is good enough

Mate, it doesn't look like time and space manip in the slightest because of that scan.... I am asking, can you provide some applications on how his powers works? When he uses that abilities? And some more context around it.

We get statements like that often in comics, we can't all take it face value.

Mate, it doesn't look like time and space manip in the slightest because of that scan.... I am asking, can you provide some applications on how his powers works? When he uses that abilities? And some more context around it.

We get statements like that often in comics, we can't all take it face value.
We get statements like that often in comics

Can you show me?

How can you tell its not time and space manipulation? I don't read much about the character so I don't know, but I don't see why it wouldn't be time and space manipulation

Looks like I am going in circles...

If you don't know the character and how he operates, then idk why you would even bother with this? As for statements like that, we often see characters with their main abilities posted underneath their names, but it doesn't mean they are using those abilities at that moment. That's just an introduction of theirs. Now with the sound one, we actually see it. But not for the time and space one. So to make it easier for both of us, do some research on the guy to back up your points and why she should have resistance to that. Cause the scans you posted don't show anything like that.

Looks like I am going in circles...

If you don't know the character and how he operates, then idk why you would even bother with this? As for statements like that, we often see characters with their main abilities posted underneath their names, but it doesn't mean they are using those abilities at that moment. That's just an introduction of theirs. Now with the sound one, we actually see it. But not for the time and space one. So to make it easier for both of us, do some research on the guy to back up your points and why she should have resistance to that. Cause the scans you posted don't show anything like that.
Why do you think they mentioned his time and space manipulation? In that comic, you can see that the abilities and hax they were talking about are the ones they used on Wonder Woman

And the "angler" they're talking about is his only weapon, the one he's using in that scan against Diana

Again... Please send scans about how the guy works and the application of his power. I am not repeating myself for one more time.

Again... Please send scans about how the guy works and the application of his power. I am not repeating myself for one more time.
It says "his angler allows him to bend time and space"

His "angler" is obviously the weapon he's using, what else would it be?

Pardon me if I'm wrong... Doesn't J'ohn have most of these on his profile already? He's got soulhax, sleephax, invisibility, heat vision and extraordinary genius.

I'm baffled by the fact that half of the suggested abilities here are literally already there.
Please check the profile you're updating lol

Then adding scans should be good. Or do they already have scans?

I usually avoid looking at certain files cause bad

I'm baffled by the fact that half of the suggested abilities here are literally already there.
Please check the profile you're updating lol
I already mentioned that I am simply giving further justifications

Also confluctor didn't explain what extraordinary genius is yet, I think he's still thinking

Last edited:
Extraordinary Genius (Vast knowledge of earth and alien races throughout the universe, decades of combat experience against all types of foes, accomplished detective, has read and processed the knowledge of every mind on earth multiple times.)

The reason for it.
Can't remember tbh.

Tho extraordinary genius definitely needs to be yeeted away.

Also confluctor didn't explain what extraordinary genius is yet, I think he's still thinking
Mate look up

Extraordinary Genius (Vast knowledge of earth and alien races throughout the universe, decades of combat experience against all types of foes, accomplished detective, has read and processed the knowledge of every mind on earth multiple times.)

The reason for it.
Genius at best...

Also make a new thread for wonder woman. That's not spatial hax resistance or anything like that.

Wonder Woman actually has alot of resistance in this scan and also survives an attack from angle man who's angler allows him to bend space and time which is balantly stated.
Yeah

So everything except for social influencing is accepted for MMH, can you tag some staff?

Mate look up

Genius at best...

Also make a new thread for wonder woman. That's not spatial hax resistance or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back