• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marisa Kirisame vs Yusuke Urameshi

Because there is too much Reimu and not enough Marisa. Marisa waddles into Makai to terminate pesky yokai and runs into Yusuke.

Conditions:

+ Both are at full power

+ Speed is equalized

+ Both are in character but willing to win by all means necessary

---

Who wins and why?

Marisa in Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream
300px-YusukeOfficial

At full power you mean your using the 6-B Yusuke, right? Not the "At least Low 6-B" one? Cause Marisa is Low 6-B too so......yeah.

Just want confirmation on this...

Okay then.

Well in AP and Dura, Yusuke takes it. Marisa peaks out at Low 6-B in terms of Potency and Durability via her barriers, something that Yusuke should have no troubles with breaking through.

Ability-wise, Marisa seems to take this in terms of versatility and....spamming? Anyways, she can likely counter pretty much of Yusukes ki blasts and whatnot....maybe. Though Yusuke does have regen and can increase his strength in like a couple or so ways?

All in all, i think that Marisa can take this but ONLY if she keeps her distance by pelting with Yusuke with dozens of Magic laser blasts....but even that might give her the victory if it doesn't do even a shread of damage to Yusuke who has the the superior durability here.

IDK, might just have to give it to Yusuke or if not at least make this inconclusive for me.

^In other word ,it's better for her if she thinks she's dealing with Suika, huh? Anyway, isn't she also have a Magic Drain Missile and Magic Absorber that could drain him of his strength? (Though that look like it's only applied to faries...) Also, Blazing Star still could be able to blitzed him and running away from his sight (Though, like you said, it's probably not a game-changer).

Still, agree that she should be able to win if she kept dodging and spamming. I would give it to Marisa, especially since most of her move have higher range and damage to his, except the final one.

@Andykhang The Marisa types from DCC haven't really shown any sort of energy absorption other than used to collect items. Though if it can be used to drain powers, then it will surely work with Yusuke since her magic effects both humans and yokai.

I'm sure there are arguments in previous threads with Touhou that claim even when speed is equalized, their attacks are not (traveling at light speed) so they can easily blitz them with their powers alone. If that's the case, Marisa has ton of light based spells at her disposal. She can spam Master Sparks and non-directional lasers all over the place until Yusuke's worn down. Unless this claim is highballing thus my argument is invalid.

Hmm. It's not really listed on her page so i can't really decide if what you said is true or not. Just saying. @Andy

In any case, this fight could also go either way. Marisa could probably win it but with high difficulty due to Yusuke's (albeit we have no idea how powerful he is in the 6-B range) AP and Dura by being careful, staying out of Yusuke's reach and range, and pelting him with constant light beams and lasers. But Yusuke could win this with mid diff or maybe lower as he needs just ONE hit to KO or kill Marisa given her much lower Durability level.

Somewhat inconclusive to me.

If Marisa manages to keep her distance trough the entire fight, she might win, but on the other hand if Yusuke manages to hit her... And he has that spirit shotgun too. Not on danmaku level of Beam Spam (more like energy punch spam), but it's something.

Eh, I'll go with inconclusive due to this and reasons stated above.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Hmm. It's not really listed on her page so i can't really decide if what you said is true or not. Just saying. @Andy
The page is poorly updated, in my opinion.

I agree. Even though Marisa uses straight fire-power, some of them have secondary effects.

For example her "Event Horizon" traps her opponent in a cage of danmaku that makes it difficult to move in (possibly through gravity manipulation)

" ÒüØÒü«ÚÖÉÒéëÒéîÒüƒÕïòÒüìÒü«ÕÑ┤ÚÜÀÒéÆõ¢┐ÒüúÒüªÒÇüþ▓¥õ©ÇµØ»ÚøúÒüùÒüÅÒüùÒüƒÒü«ÒüîÒüôÒü«Òé╣ÒâÜÒâ½Òé½Òâ╝ÒâëÒÇé- This spell card represents the difficulty that this limited motion can make." from The Grimoire of Marisa

and with the description of an actual event horizon; "Additional note: An event horizon is the point at which the gravitational pull of a black hole is so great that nothing can escape from it."

Back