• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mario via Time Stop, transmutation, Duplication, Near-Invulnerablity, Intangibility, and many of his others powers.

SPOM is really too featless for a good fight.

For every hax he has there are 5 other powers that will not do anything to SPOM.

>Duplication

And then what?

>Near-Invulnerablity

Free waste of time, this is useless.

>Intangibility

IIRC he can't attack while using this.

Duplication gives the advantage of number (even if it is not the most useful thing.

Near-invulnerability is still a defense method, since Sups has nothing to counter this. In White Tanooki this would also allow a tail's attack spam

Intangibility can at least be used for defense.

He can also lower SPOM stats or reflect some of its attacks.

And all this is still better than Sups has.

You may wanna check SPOM's AP in comparison to Mario's, who is baseline 4-A. Duplication, Near-invulnerability, Intangibility, Statistics Reduction and similar powers are useless.

Theglassman12 said:
And that's it. That's all he needs to do to win.
How? Possession of relatively comparable beings was shown to break after like half a minute. It only worked on Bowser when he was already unconscious.

Baseline to be comparable to things up to 3-C?

Near-Invulnerability and Intangibility are defenses against a AP stomp.

Statistic reduction for a speed equalized fight give him speed advantage didn't it? And lower AP/Dura isn't so useless.

Also, Time Stop and Transmutation always here.

I'm pretty sure Superman Prime would obliterate Mario. Superman travels light speed, Mario can't do that by himself (needing a Launch Star to do go fast, but still slower). Superman's practically invincible, and Mario takes damage from various sources. Superman's attack power is collosal, at least Multi Solar System, possibly greater than Mario's level (though calculations may be needed on this). Superman's also got flight (putting him well over Mario's reach), Heat Vision (able to accurately target Mario without needing to be within 20 meters), and Super Breath (which can freeze Mario, and blow him far away).

As for Mario having Cappy, that won't work. He can't capture beings that powerful, such as a T Rex or Bowser, or even the Broodals. The most the guy can do is try to block Superman's assault, if he can even catch something light speed that is. I'm wondering if this is even a fair fight.

From marios page: likely Massively FTL+ (Can quickly travel between different galaxies and react with Launch Star. Dodged Bowser's meteor attacks, which can tag Starship Mario and flew the center of the universe in a short time)

The only reason Mario's travelled that far is because of Launch Stars, and he's got Starship Mario in Galaxy 2. I haven't played either one in a long time, so I don't know much specifics. I also see speed's equalized anyway, so this point isn't that important.

Superman's still got a mobility advantage via flight, durability advantage, strength advantage, and a stronger ability set. There's many ways Superman could beat Mario, though not much that Mario can do to Superman.

If the speed's equal in the first place, then we don't need to argue who's faster. This point is irrelevant because of that. I won't talk about this any further. You've also ignored how Superman actually beats Mario with super breath and heat vision.

yeah, mario never faced either of those....

seriusly, read his page before commenting, and saying that after uing speed as an argument is not exactly smart

Sorry about that... I'd better work on reading the rules. And I've seen both characters' pages and know what they're capable of. Superman's more capable of Mario, probably even if he had a Mega Mushroom. Though I'm not sure how far his invincibilities go.

it assumed to be on a dimensional level unless shown otherwise I belive, but it would still protect from attacks on his level (and above, as it makes him unaffected by attacks much stronger than himself)

The invincibility's probably going to be Superman's biggest hurdle. But I'm pretty sure Mario's still vulnerable to lava and crushing even if he has an invincibility star or Invincibility Leaf. I even found a page on it: https://www.mariowiki.com/Invincible_Mario

Superman may have some difficulties taking on the invincibility, but he may be able to defeat it with powered up heat vision. It can be greater than the sun [5778 Kelvin], which is definitely hotter than lava [1473 Kelvin]. Mario can't really reflect it either if he's invincible. If using a star, it's temporary so Superman can simply strike once it ends. Mario needs the cape to reflect it, so he can't use his White transformations as they don't have that power.

Back