• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First round Base Mario Vs Base Sonic.

Second base Mario(Battle cards and super suit)Vs super sonic

Third SMG(Items if necessary) vs hypersonic.

No paper Mario or Archie sonic

Before I explain, I want to state I like both of the series.I think Mario could win Reasons being Durability: Mario, the fact that he fought a universal+ being, named culex and took all of his attacks. Also he survived crashing into planets FTL.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OViCCavPOkc 0:19-0:23 Strength: Mario, carrying a castle about at least 340,000 tons no effort, look at cfc Mario vs luigi, and carried heavier bosses easily Speed: Sonic, no explanation needed Reaction timing: Mario(one of main trump cards, can prepare landing on planets at speeds massively FTL in SMG 1 and 2 Could be a close fight, but in my prediction winner would be mario

(i too like both series just so it can be stated as well )

sonic is faster with out the aid of a item in base his durability and attack potancy he can harm beings like dark gaia and beat one of eggman meaches that absorbed almost all of the life force of the planet and super sonic beat solaris and the time eater and becomes alot faster and has time space manipulation and is invincible to all forms of normal damage unless you are some being that is multi-universeal to multi-versal to harm him in super sonic form. in closeing is can see it being close in base form but when he goes super sonic i cant see sonic loseing

Inconclusive via durability for Mario and speed for Sonic. Or Mario waits til' Sonic is tired.

Round 2 Sonic blitzes.

Round 3 Mario stomps via massive AP advantage.

Sonic also has chaos control that can freeze time and with it he can teleport with itor BFR giving him an advantage

That's why I gave Mario his super suit and his battle cards.

He counters time stop with the super suit and battle cards can nullifie any attacks, stop time, stat boost and force enemies to drop there items.

round 1 idk really

round 2 sonic is much faster

round 3 though mario in travel speed in MFTL+ because of power star he has much better reflexes but hyper sonic makes this a mismatch it has to be darkspine though dark got demoted to unknown so mario wins overall now...

Code:
Super and via extension hyper sonic are invincible and from multiple games have showed they can take on universe to potentially multi-verse level beings
Code:
examples
( depending on the version)

Super sonic can not even be hurt by the likes of the time eater provides invincible to at least that degree so since hyper sonic is stronger that super it stands to reason that it would not be harmed ether

( he gets hit with the tripl green beam attack and no harm is done) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55xtfn--TU

it was said in sonic rush since both the choas and sol emeralds were attracting to each other it was causeing sonic and blazes dimensions to fuse and would destroy them both if it was not stoped

For the same game the power of the emeralds made a rift in space time and saying reality was being altered

"Tails: There's a tear in the space-time continuum... and it's expanding! If it continues to expand... the fabric of reality will become altered" ( sonic rush)

Base form

Sonic beat a machine of eggmans that absorbed most if not all of the planets life force and can damage dark gaia in his base form

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Eggrobo_(Sonic_Lost_World)

(Dark gaia in a very weaken form still riped the planet apart when awakend) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P92wur4qBqc

( sonic harming a yes not perfect dark gaia but still harming a planet destroing being) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0L22WgHGWr0

I can see again it being close but i cant see sonic losing in super or hyper form

Lastly, If you exclude game mechanics, Mario could use the white tanooki suit, only weakness being lava, and also yes most of Sonic's powerups could counter most of Mario's but however if you also consider items from the RPG games, Mario has more. Also, supersonic may not be invincible, just hard to kill, and hyper sonic is weaker than super sonic{game version} because he can be stopped by knuckles, and also super sonic has a time limit. In addition, super sonic needs to transform when he fights planet leveled beings, while Mario doesnt.However,you made some good points. Culex could also consume matter and time. Close battle but one winner and that winner would be Mario.

Sonic also has a lot of other items from his rpg and all of his color powers one of which opens a portal to another dimension and is a mini black hole of sorts and he is invincible while in all of these color forms

if sonic can beat the eggrobo in base then he does not need to transform to take them on ( well as of sonic lost worlds ) And yes white tanooki is invincible to normal damage but against multi-univesal to multi-verse beings mario in that form has not shown to again in power when in white tanooki just gains Invincibility and sonic shows he gains alot of power and speed if anything mario would not be able to touch sonic with better speed and chaos control teleportaion plus sonic can still BFR mario if need be

Okay, let me try to counter these arguments, good points though{maybe each power up could counter each other} 1. Mario can beat SMG bowser in his base form, and SMG Bowser is galaxy-multi galaxy{Stated he tried to devour galaxies} way stronger than eggrobo 2.Even though, at least star Mario could counter super sonic and also possibly white tanooki Mario could be invincible to universal beings if Mario himself could fight universal beings in base form while super sonic needs to turn super for Large planet level beings, even for neo metal sonic 3. Mario's reaction timing is MFTL, so he could still touch sonic. 4. Also, Sonic couldn't teleport objects,{unless archie} besides shadow knows how to do that and even though, he still needs to fuse with another chaos emerald.

SMG Mario stomps any form of Sonic barring Archie. Beings who consume time are nothing new to Mario (Culex), but IMO both of those bosses are huge outliers.

Without that, I did once calc Sonic's KE based on the assumption that he can go at .99c and got super low-end island level, which is nothing Mario can't handle.

(Last post of the day)

But with the void wisp he can BFR people and mario is only mftl with a launch star Not by himself if and super sonic did fight Solaris and hyper is stronger than super(that was the whole point) it just that hyper has not been used in a while (if the interview holds true we may not see hyper for a long ass time)

Also last post of the day, Mario is MFST in reaction timing, not only because of the launch star. To add another thing, super sonic defeated solaris with the help of silver and shadow, making him 1/3 universal, and also hyper is not stronger however because he was punched out of his form by knuckles. Again, you did have some good points, was going to reconsider the results. nice evidence though.

Beating Solaris is widely agreed to be an outlier. I wonder...Is it implied at all that Solaris would still remain had he destroyed all of time? If not, then that universal stuff wouldn't apply to his durability anyway. From my understanding, he was going to destroy the universe with hax, not straight-up power.

WarriorWare said:
Beating Solaris is widely agreed to be an outlier. I wonder...Is it implied at all that Solaris would still remain had he destroyed all of time? If not, then that universal stuff wouldn't apply to his durability anyway. From my understanding, he was going to destroy the universe with hax, not straight-up power.
Solaris was going to devour all timelines so its within his power to destroy it

I would agree with the outlier if super forms had not displayed that level of power multiple times like against Solaris, time eater,and the whole event with sonic rush also the reason why there were 3 super hogs and not 1 is because Solaris is temporally omnipresent And as fast as Sonic as he is not omnipresent so he needed the help of the other two on the past or present or future so you couldn't you could argue that one super hot with that example equals 1 Solaris

And if we take in account the chaos control at the end of sonic adventure 2 then super form can teleport other being beside himself

There's like 6 votes for mario and 1 for sonic could we add this because I got the feeling the wank is coming pretty soon or just wait i guess.

The only point i want to ask now is why are marios high end feats taken as Gospel And sonics are not mario only beat 1 universe + being 1 time while sonic has shown that level of power multiple times and when mario gets a 3c no one says anything really but that game after that he has problems with regular bowser but people still say he is of that power level but when it happens with sonic people say outlier i just don't get it i am not saying sonic wins cuz a group majority has been reached i just want an answer that makes Sense Cuz the way I see it their powers fluctuate depending on what the game developers need or want out of the story

It's because this happened with 1) a non "monster of the week" trope (Bowser's power both times), 2) within the same series (galaxy 1 and 2), 3) nowhere near as much as a variable as Sonic between bosses, going between planet or even less to an infinitely greater enemy, and 4) we originally did have a problem with it. It was originally a 3-B feat and had no tabber.

But from even the city to planet with a short of time is suspect and at the end of the day the chaos emerald are plot devices ment to give the hero that 11th hour power needed to win but multiple time the emeralds power was stated to be limitless and can warp space time and a few bosses have shown that its power when need can go beyond just planet and boswer need grand stars to power up to that level in the end all i am saying is i find Weird That few people dont find Marios huge jump In power to be More an outlier and Sonic even though he powered up to do the high level things he does is considered to be more an outlier than marios

You kind of are and this thread was added like a week or so ago. Sorry RedX but since it's already been over and the results have been put in, i have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back