• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mario out-varietys and severely outhaxxes Goku, and is likely stronger, being at least 3-C to Goku's solid 3-C

Goku should win due to solar flare and instant transmission. Mario's powerups won't last after a single hit or a single ki blast. The invincibility star, Goku can dodge that since he can fly and mario can't, unless he has the Cape form.

What hax does Mario have? I am reading his profile to form an opinion, but I don't see any of what I typically consider the big ones. Can someone full me in here so I can make an educated vote.

I think they're talking about the invincibility star, but I doubt it would always work since Goku can fly and mario can't, not to mention it only lasts for about 10 to 15 seconds.

Mario has like, six different ways to fly along with around 7 different forms of invincibility. Also, what's to stop Mario from going invisible. Or giant. Or metal. Or into a ghost. Or turn Goku into gold. Mario, heck, Nintendo characters in general, are the kings and queens of variety.

Invisibility won't work on someone who can sense your life signal (ki) from a galaxy away. And the giant and metal form won't do shit against someone that can fly away from mario.

Again, Mario has like 6 different ways to fly. Cape, Tanooki, Bee, Flying, Boo, Racoon, the white versions of Tanooki and Raccoon, Cloud to an extent. And what's flight gonna do when Mario can just pluck him out of the air. Speeds equalized. Besides, unless Goku spams ki blasts from the air and doesn't give his opponent a chance to fight, and that's not his style, he's gonna stay on the ground. Besides, Mario doesn't have the amount of ki to be sensed galaxies away. He has the minimum amount to live by verse equalization.

Not how it works. Just because he doesn't use it doesn't mean he doesn't have access to it. For example, Solar Flare isn't listed under GT Goku's powers, but it's obvious he could use it.

Composite Mario means Paper Mario is included, who'd stomp DB verse into the ground. This isn't composite Mario. He doesn't have things outside his "canon," and I'm using canon loosely as Mario has no canon, in this battle.

Cal other then Golden Flower what does Mario have thats Broken?I am legitimently curious?

And can he use all of them at once or what?

Some people might disagree with that.

But that does not change Mario doesnt have certain items in Mario Galaxy, thus shouldn"t be used in this debate.

@Rad. Apparently, he can turn people into mushrooms and stop time with battle cards, has several forms of invincibility, presumably absolute zero hax, as he can freeze ghosts on some occasions (I might be wrong about that one), can become a ghost himself, cloning himself, can make himself giant or incredibly tiny, can revive himself. Some of them can definitely stack onto each other, but he could probably switch between them regardless.

Those were just some I found in the meantime. I couldn't find them all.

@SGR. In SMG, he only gets items situationally, so that argument doesn't work. He's not like Sora, who has a legitimate reason not to have his abilities in his next game.

@Super Goku Goku, you are splitting hairs. There is no need for separate scenarios.

@The Real Cal Howard, thank you for listing his abilities. I am still voting Goku for now, but I will go look in to them.

Actually he said just says "mario vs gt goku" so u can use mario other powers from other games as long it doesn't result to the pure hearts which would destroy db dbz and dbz super universe in a flash. So, Mario can use the Star Rod which is a reality warper to counter all of goku's attacks

It's true, the type of mario isn't specified so the strongest mario should be used - which is composite mario, or at very least a galaxy mario who isn't held back from his other items he's generlly had free access to in other games.

Guys, we have already separated Paper Mario and Mario.

Please do not mix them on this debate.

"Compsote' Mario is Galaxy with all his items.

I give this fight to Goku, tho. Mario is only FTL+ with Warp Stars, which only let him go on one direction and its technically outside help.

Also, we do not have a calc on how fast his fireballs are.

1, speed is equalized, 2, it's MFTL+, and 3, his reactions don't rely on the Launch Stars. They're just the feat that gives it to him.

EDIT: 4, why does that matter? We have no calc on any Kamehameha.

Wasn´t that disproven with Paper Jam?

Also, "Normal"Mario cannot do the paper-based techniques Paper Mario can.

For example, moving in 2D or transforming into a paper plane.

Back