• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario fights a Goomba

GOOMBA STOMPS!!

Death+by+Goomba.jpg

so this is canon now?

Ye

Mario has invulnerability (limited time) and Fire Mario for range.

Not calling it a stomp but

Voting for Goomba via superior AP and regen

If Mario doesn't even scale to the Goomba's AP or Durability, Mid Regen makes him pretty much impossible to kill.

Maybe Mario can incap? But it seems like Goomba has basically all the major advantages.

so is this a Stomp? I don’t think Mario has wincons.
He can’t kill Goomba, thanks to his higher Ap and Dura. Mario also has no way pass Gombas Regen. Goomba will likely incap or kill Mario before Mario has the chance to do any real damage.

Yeah some argument for incap of the Goomba is the only way to save this fight.

Problem is I just don't see how he realistically can do it.

I suppose that's not an impossible plan then, I forgot it's 1-1 and Hotel Mario has acrobatics so he should be able to navigate it similar to regular Mario

I was going to say Mario should maybe have Regeneration negation feats, since he can kill Goombas in spite of their regeneration.... But then I realized CD-i/Hotel Mario Mario fights CD-i Goombas, who HAVE no Regeneration feats, IIRC, lol.

I guess technically luring it iinto a Pit might work, but IIRC, Hotel Mario has no pits in gameplay, so would it be in character? Does his behaviour in cutscenes support it?

Is it in character for Mario to use the environment?
Even at its longest (With the inclusion of all bosses.), Hotel Mario doesn't take longer than 17 minutes to go over.

& a lot of that is likely the bosses; Other videos, seemingly just the cutscenes, are under 7 minutes.

I'm a little too distracted to watch, but going through my memory, two things come to mind:

1. Princess Peach getting kidnapped, & when Mario & Luigi wonder how they'll get to the clouds, Mario kicks a question block, & a vine sprouts from it, which he climbs.
2. Later, atop the clouds, he uses a giant fan to blow a Koopa Kid & his cloud away.

I should probably check over the cutscenes once more, but hopefully that might help people determine if he's likely to try & trick the Goomba into a pit.

I mean, in theory, he could come up with the idea with enough time. But Hotel Mario Mario stomps Goombas regularly; He'd probably try fighting it normally, & given the Goomba's higher stats & regen, would probably take considerable damage before he realizes that isn't working & THEN he'd probably realize he needs alternate solutions.
So I'm wondering if he'd realize to try out alternate strats before he gets his butt TOO thoroughly whalloped trying a regular fight. Even if he gets smart before he's beaten unconscious, injury could hinder executing strats based on retreat. (Though, Speed Equalized.)

Back