• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are different Goombosses.

What is the Toadette link supposed to prove? Referencing Paper Mario as her latest game could simply mean that there is a paper Toadette.

Hyperception 2 said:
Those are different Goombosses.
What is the Toadette link supposed to prove? Refrencing Paper Mario as her later game counld simply mean that there is a paper Toadette.
Where's your proof?

I don't recall any Goomboss, Toadette. or so on posts from you. Only the trophies regarding Paper Mario. Where's your proof that the characters I mentioned are different? Because trophies and appearances of the said characters protrayed them the same.

So, should I change the name of the profile to "Mario (Composite)" or not? Composite othervise implies that we should only use his highest established statistics. Meaning, a purely 2-B Mario, so I prefer if we keep it as is, and use different columns for different games instead, as we currently do.

Antvasima said:
So, should I change the name of the profile to "Mario (Composite)" or not? Composite othervise implies that we should only use his highest established statistics. Meaning, a purely 2-B Mario, so I prefer if we keep it as is, and use different columns for different games instead, as we currently do.
its fine to keep it the way it is ppl just get confused on the if it was composite or not

Actually Paper Mario and Mario are from different worlds, Paper Mario came from a book unlike the regular Mario. In the beggining of Paper Jam when Mario goes to talk to Peach and Paper Peach, Peach says" I can't believe there's a whole other dimension". this proves that there's a posibility that all other Mario games don't exatcly take place in the same history.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Actually Paper Mario and Mario are from different worlds, Paper Mario came from a book unlike the regular Mario. In the beggining of Paper Jam when Mario goes to talk to Peach and Paper Peach, Peach says" I can't believe there's a whole other dimension". this proves that there's a posibility that all other Mario games don't exatcly take place in the same history.
remember luigi's diary?

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
remember luigi's diary?
It would have been legit had Paper Jam not dismissed it. Also is a different continuity, it has contents similar to the actual Mario but it's current timeline is completely different. Both Paper characters and actual characters regarded themselves from different dimensions, kinda like GT and DBS they follow up from Z but are from different continuity.

So should Paper Mario get a separare page, and if so is anybody here willing to create it?

I think Paper Mario should remain as a Tab, with every other page. I don't want to see 15 different Mario, Bowser, Mega Man, etc pages for each version of the character.

It would be better to just change the name to Composite Mario just to save you the headache Ant, and put a note saying that due to the recent evens in Mario and Luigi Paper Jam Mario and Paper Mario have been established to have different continuities.

But it isn't a composite Mario. A composite Mario would have his maximum statistics.

Antvasima said:
But it isn't a composite Mario. A composite Mario would have his maximum statistics.
Well the only choice is to make a separate page, I mean we already have some for Link why not Mario?. I'm willing to work on in with anybody that wants to put their intputs on what they know about the paper mario series.

Well, somebody would still have to write the profile.

Well, let's wait until somebody else volunteers then.

We need to make link composite as well, all the links and separate pages are just a waste of time. making a separate page for them is too much for one character and the fact that they have a lot of games for certain Nintendo characters.

Well, those pages are already made, and are not causing any problems for the wiki. We have a composite Link page and several individual Link pages. It wasn't my idea, but I have nothing against it either.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Except characters that originated from the PM series such as the Star Spirits and Goomboss actually appeared in other games such as Mario Party 5 and Super Mario 64 DS. Goomboss even refer to how he finally turned the tables on Mario since their last encounter and Toadette's trophy description establish that she's the same character in TTYD and MK games. All the characters in the Mario, regardless of their artstyle or genres, are the same characters. Nintendo only likes switching and spliting them up when a game they want to make calls for it. Paper Jam exist for gameplay reasons, not to establish a different canon as Nintendo could care less about it. It's like like claiming Bowser and Dry Bowser a different character just because of Mario Party: Island Tour where Bowser said Dry Bowser is his cousin and happens to be a seperate character in his playable appearance. I have a feeling alot of people in this wiki really does not know the Mario series that much....

Dino Ranger Black said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Except characters that originated from the PM series such as the Star Spirits and Goomboss actually appeared in other games such as Mario Party 5 and Super Mario 64 DS. Goomboss even refer to how he finally turned the tables on Mario since their last encounter and Toadette's trophy description establish that she's the same character in TTYD and MK games. All the characters in the Mario, regardless of their artstyle or genres, are the same characters. Nintendo only likes switching and spliting them up when a game they want to make calls for it. Paper Jam exist for gameplay reasons, not to establish a different canon as Nintendo could care less about it. It's like like claiming Bowser and Dry Bowser a different character just because of Mario Party: Island Tour where Bowser said Dry Bowser is his cousin and happens to be a seperate character in his playable appearance. I have a feeling alot of people in this wiki really does not know the Mario series that much....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyGJ0GgniM4 at 8:54 Peach said that their paper versions are from another dimension. In the final battle Dry Bowser appears, yet it waesn't the paper version of Dry Bowser. The Bob-Omb King apears in SM64, Paper Jam, Mario Party series and Mario Super Slugger but he never appeared in a single Paper Mario game. Also your bringing trophy description when in the trophy description has Paper Mario's description describing him from the Paper Mario series. Where going for what's current cannon something your ignoring which is Paper Jam. In New Super Mario Bros. Bowser is actually Dry Bowser. The fact that you said that in Mario Tennis Dry Bowser is Bowsers cousin while in New Super Mario Bros series has Bowser as Dry Bowser proves that there are different continuities. Please don't use MK as an example as in MK7 and 8 it has Mario and Metal Mario as different characters when they are in fact the same.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyGJ0GgniM4 at 8:54 Peach said that their paper versions are from another dimension. In the final battle Dry Bowser appears, yet it waesn't the paper version of Dry Bowser. The Bob-Omb King apears in SM64, Paper Jam, Mario Party series and Mario Super Slugger but he never appeared in a single Paper Mario game. Also your bringing trophy description when in the trophy description has Paper Mario's description describing him from the Paper Mario series. Where going for what's current cannon something your ignoring which is Paper Jam. In New Super Mario Bros. Bowser is actually Dry Bowser. The fact that you said that in Mario Tennis Dry Bowser is Bowsers cousin while in New Super Mario Bros series has Bowser as Dry Bowser proves that there are different continuities.
Dry Bowser is Bowser and even the description of Mario Tennis confirms it, yet he's a seperate playable character. There's no paper version of Dry Bowser or King Bo-omb. I don't see what you are trying to prove with that and I'm not ignoraing anything as my previous point with character that originated in the PM series are still carried over in games outside the series still stands and futher proves that there's no sense of canon in the series which I really don't know why people are even attempting to. I already seen the walkthrough of the game and the characters never even refer to events exclusive in or out of the PM series that their counterparts isn't familar of. You are just establishing something Nintendo never did. Nintendo make games like Paper Jam or Mario Kart for the sake of gameplay and roster expansion while seperating characters like Peach and Baby Peach when the said game calls for it, not to establish continiuities. Why else Metal Mario becomes a seperate character despite being Mario with a metal power-up?

Dino Ranger Black said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyGJ0GgniM4 at 8:54 Peach said that their paper versions are from another dimension. In the final battle Dry Bowser appears, yet it waesn't the paper version of Dry Bowser. The Bob-Omb King apears in SM64, Paper Jam, Mario Party series and Mario Super Slugger but he never appeared in a single Paper Mario game. Also your bringing trophy description when in the trophy description has Paper Mario's description describing him from the Paper Mario series. Where going for what's current cannon something your ignoring which is Paper Jam. In New Super Mario Bros. Bowser is actually Dry Bowser. The fact that you said that in Mario Tennis Dry Bowser is Bowsers cousin while in New Super Mario Bros series has Bowser as Dry Bowser proves that there are different continuities.
Dry Bowser is Bowser and even the describtion of Mario Tennis confirms it, yet he's a seperate playable character. There's no paper version of Dry Bowser or King Bo-omb. I don't see what you are trying to prove with that and I'm not ignoraing anything as my previous point with character that originated in the PM series are still carried over in games outside the series still stands and futher proves that there's no sense of canon in the series which I really don't know why people are even attempting to. I already seen the walkthrough of the game and the characters never even refer to events exclusive in or out of the PM series that their counterparts isn't familar of. You are just establishing something Nintendo never did. Nintendo make games like Paper Jam or Mario Kart for the sake of gameplay and roster expansion, not to establish continiuities. Why else Metal Mario becomes a seperate character despite being Mario with a metal power-up? The series should only establish what Nintendo confirms.
Exactly Dry Bowser is Bowser, also MK has Metal Mario and Mario as playable characters does that mean that Metal Mario is not the same Mario? no so please stop bringing Mario Tennis into this when MK is doing the same thing. There is no paper version exactly then why is there a regular Dry Bowser?, Because Paper Bowser and Bowser are not the same being. You clearly didn't see the video because Peach clearly stated that they are from another dimension which Paper Peach agrees to it, this is what's called a parallel universe , they both are similar in regards to things but their continutity is different. Both Paper Jam and New Super Mario Bros series has it's continuity, you are saying that because Mario Tennis comfirms it legitimaty, it must be true when New Super Mario Bros has him as Bowser. Paper Jam is the 5th RPG game continuing from Bowsers inside story, unless your willing to tell me that Fawful from Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga is not the same one, as the one shown in Bowser's inside story since they are from the same continuity. No i'm not establishing what already has been presented by the series itself. Also Nintendo doesn't always stablish all, Nintendo of America has stablished Sheik as a female when Word of God (Shigeru Miyamoto) has Sheik originally potrayed as a male. We can't always wait for Nintendo to confirm something when it's clearly presented. Shigeru Miyamoto supervised Paper Jam, and that also means that he approved of making Paper Mario and Regular Mario different characters.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You are establishing something Nintendo hasn't confirm at all and making the series more confusing than it ever was while ignoring the facts I already establish such as Goomboss being in SM64DS and reference to his encounter with Mario before hand via PM. Just look how poorly you attempted to explain Bowser and Dry Bowser co-existing when it's simply for the sake of having more playable characters. The series and it's characters as Miyamoto describes in his interview, are similar to cartoons of the old days where characters, regardless of the setting or situation they are in, still the same character. It seems like when someone attempts to explain how the franchise works, it makes no sense via the pointless Grand Star debate. You re going to be ignorant of the fact elements and characters that originated in PM have re-appeared in other games because of a game that's basically the equilvalent of Mario and Metal Mario co-existing and never refrenced exclusive events the counterparts are not familar of? I'm really of tired of people being misinformed and having no knowledge about the franchise or other franchises in general.

Dino Ranger Black said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You are establishing something Nintendo hasn't confirm at all and making the series more confusing than it ever was while ignoring the facts I already establish such as Goomboss being in SM64DS and reference to his encounter with Mario before hand via PM. The series and it's characters as Miyamoto describes in his interview, are similar to cartoons of the old days where characters, regardless of the setting or situation they are in, still the same character. It seems like when someone attempts to explain how the franchise works, it makes no sense via the pointless Grand Star debate. I'm really of tired of people being misinformed about the franchise.
Again Paper Mario and Mario are not the same, Nintendo didn't create Mario, Shigeru did. Shigeru supervised Paper Jam. That would mean he accepted that they are different characters rather than the same. True Goomboss apeared in SM64DS but the Bob-Omb King never appeared on a Paper Mario game, despite using a character from PM why didn't a SM64 character appeared in Paper Mario?. Like I said to Notamariofan, Mario and Paper Mario is like DBZ is to DBS and DBGT. They followed the previous history but their current continuity are completely different making them different characters all the same. So no i'm not ignoring anything, Miyamoto created the Legend of Zelda and the Legend of Zelda has different timelines, what is stopping Miyamoto from doing the same with Mario?.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Dino Ranger Black said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You are establishing something Nintendo hasn't confirm at all and making the series more confusing than it ever was while ignoring the facts I already establish such as Goomboss being in SM64DS and reference to his encounter with Mario before hand via PM. The series and it's characters as Miyamoto describes in his interview, are similar to cartoons of the old days where characters, regardless of the setting or situation they are in, still the same character. It seems like when someone attempts to explain how the franchise works, it makes no sense via the pointless Grand Star debate. I'm really of tired of people being misinformed about the franchise.
Again Paper Mario and Mario are not the same, Nintendo didn't create Mario Shiguery did. Shigeru supervised Paper Jam. That would mean he accepted that they are different characters rather than the same. Tru in Goomboss apeared in SM64Ds but the Bob-Omb King never appeared on a Paper Mario game, despite using a character from SM64 why didn't a SM64 character appeared in Paper Maario?. Like I said to Notamariofan, Mario and Paper Mario is like DBZ is to DBS and DBG. They followed the previous history but their current continuity are completely different making them different characters all the same.
Yes, they are and games like MP5 and M and L: SSS proves it. You arguement for Dry Bowser is quite poor. By that logic, the characters in Luigi's Mansion are different because of the lack of Koopalings. And Miyamoto have always supervised Mario games. He supervised MP5, where the Star Spirits return to host the game. He even supervised SMG, in which he was strongly against the idea of giving Rosalina a storybook but was implemented anyway. The person being a supervisor doesn't confirm canoncity of the series especially when an interview with Miyamoto a year ago confirms he will no longer be focusing on Mario games. Are you going to claim every Mario game after that is uncanon? No? Okay then. Stop making the series more confusing than it actually is. Regardless of the alter-egos Mario has, mutiple descriptions confirmed to be the same character. DBZ, DBS, and the movies are a rather poor comparison because DBS and the movies are still telling the same story with minor changes btw them. Mario is more akin to Mickey Mouse or Popeye where the situations, designs, and games are different but are portrayed as the same characters confirmed by Nintendo themselves.

Did I implied that they are not cannon?, They are all on their own continuity, multiple descriptions have Mario from a different series despite him being the same character. Mario is confusing as it is. Yes MP5 and M and L: SSS, proves it , but Paper Jam contradicts it. That's not always true unless . If I was saying that they weren't cannon then games like Super Mario 3D Land wouldn't even matter, unless Miyamoto confirms that Mario is the same one as any other game we can't really say he's not different from the others. Already said that Nintendo is not always reliable when it comes to confirmation. They have a male character changed from the creator's personal view despite the character being still considered a male in it's origins.

I think that what DRB says makes sense and that we should probably keep all of Mario's statistics on the same page. He is not from a series with strict coherent continuities, so it makes sense to consider all versions as the same character, especially if his creator even considers him that way.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Did I implied that they are not cannon?, They are all on their own continuity, multiple descriptions have Mario from a different series despite him being the same character. Mario is confusing as it is. Yes MP5 and M and L: SSS, proves it , but Paper Jam contradicts it. That's not always true unless . If I was saying that they weren't cannon then games like Super Mario 3D Land wouldn't even matter, unless Miyamoto confirms that Mario is the same one as any other game we can't really say he's not different from the others. Already said that Nintendo is not always reliable when it comes to confirmation. They have a male character changed from the creator's personal view despite the character being still considered a male in it's origins.
Then please stop trying to establish a canon because you just proved that the series has none and Nintendo gives no care about it. Mutiple games established PM and Mario are the same character but one game says otherwise and even then it might not be the same PM character due to lack of refrence to events exclusive in the series. Heck, this isn't the only time the series contradict themselves such as Yoshi's Island DS and Yoshi's New Island. Again, the Mario series is more akin to to old cartoons where the source pits the characters in a particular situation for kicks, not establishing countinuities. Case Close.

Since this seems settled, I will close this topic then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back