• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mard Geer vs Johnny Bravo

Not sure in Bootman, back in the Nightmare thread I bloodlusted him so for sure he'd start with Plot Manip. Though I'm not sure he'll open with it here, his Plot Manip requires him to grab his opponent then fling then out the episode though

Well, Johnny does have higher lifting strength, regen, and flight, so he certainly has the means to close the distance against Mard Geer. And it's not as though Mard Geer starts with Moment Mori. It's more like either a finishing move, or something he uses when pushed into a corner.

If Johnny manages to push him into a corner, then I could see him getting caught. But it may be more likely that Johnny find Mard to be an inconvenience and toss him out of the episode. Since that would happen earlier on as Mard typically spams his vines from a range. Well before Johnny could provide enough pressure to push him to use Momento Mori.

Though I'd like to know how in character it is for Johnny to do such.

Iirc it's quite in character for Johnny to Plot Manip, though I don't know if he would start with it in Bootman. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can answer

Johnny can fly too in this key so it's possible, all he needs is to just grab hold of him once and he can win via Plot Manip as Mard is literally thrown out the episode. That said can Johnny break out of vines via his lifting strength?

i assume so, But Mard is typically a ranged fighter so getting close to him is going to be quite troublesome for Johnny. Especially when Johnny is getting repeatedly stabbed by Mard's Thorns.

That was more of a side point but yes it would. His issue would be with closing Mard Geer's Curse Range which is in the hundreds of Meters against an opponent that is just a mobile as he is.

I mean, it's not like Mard Geer has never gone in close. He literally swooped in to run Natsu and Gray's faces into the ground for an extended period of time.

Johnny can get around most things with his regen and simple ability to dodge. So I don't think it'll be to difficult to get close. Especially since it's not as though Mard Geer is completely opposed to being within a few meters of his opponent.

Also, since it's plot manip, it shouldn't matter where he gets thrown from. And if it's in character, then I think I'll go with Johnny. I see him getting close enough to toss him out more often than Mard feels pressured enough to actually use Momento Mori. Johnny regenerating from Mard's attacks isn't actually hurting Mard, or putting much pressure on him. And Johnny has superior LS, so once he grabs Mard, he can just toss him out of the episode.

I'll go with Johnny.

Has he done it ever since that 1 episode? If we go by some of his old unbloodlusted matches it seems like it isn't in character for him to plot manip.

The same would go for Mard Geer but his is massively better than Johnny's as he can do it at range while Johnny has to do his in melee. It also causes paralysis, so he can't dodge out of the way either.

But Mard Geer only used it when Natsu and Gray pressed him into a corner. And even then he was reluctant because it was literally meant for use on Zeref, not a demon slayer like gray. Johnny isn't a demon slayer, and his abilities likely won't pose the same amount of threat. I'm not sure what kind of energy manip he has, but given his range, he's probably not tossing out energy blasts. He'll likely be trying to fly up to beat him up in CQC.

Additionally, the condition of Johnny being generally annoyed with the fight would occur much faster than Mard's condition of feeling pressured by Johnny. Mard literally didn't go for his EE until practically the end of the fight. Johnny will opt to use his plot manip well before that.

I mean, it's a CQC fighter versus a range spamming character. Every FGC player's favorite matchup

Also, I'm fairly certain Johnny's page has at least 2-3 instances of him using his plot manipulation listed. Though I am unsure what episode(s) those instances are from.

Natsu and Gray were getting bodied most of that fight so no he wasn't backed into a corner he just had his fun and wanted to finish the battle at that point, He would use it alot earlier here as none of his other attacks would do lasting damage to Johnny as his 400+ years of experience and researching about how to beat someone with Regen (He might even assume Johnny is immortal as his regen is even better than Zeref's which would be bad for Johnny).

Plot Manipulation (Threw several people, including Carl, out of an episode to avoid the ending he didn't want)

That's the only plot manip he has ever used and it was only for that one specific episode in a completely different key. Johnny is also pretty dumb so he might not even think of using it.

Can I get a scan of that please? I must be misremembering, as I though DF Natsu and DS Gray were putting incredibly high pressure on him. Exchanging blows and such.

The point about regen is well made.

I see. Though above, someone said that it was in character for him to use. Which is what I basing it off of. If it's not IC then I agree that Mard would win by eventually going for Momento Mori. Otherwise, it's likely that they end up engaging in some CQC before it gets to that point, and he gets thrown out of the episode.

Johnny is pretty dumb. Which is why he's probably get annoyed easily, lol. But if it's not that IC then I'm inclined to agree that Mard wins.

Dragon force happened after Momento Mori not before.

And Here is the sca for Mard pretty much undamaged by Natsu and Gray and described the battle as enjoyable.

Back