• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marcy Wu vs Woodsie

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: POWER OF GREEN

Mystic Knights are cool and all, but what about the slimes? Unfortunately for most PAD matches, no fanart...
● ------------------------------------- ●
No story here for now, can't really think of one

• 8-B versions used
  • King Woodsie and Base Marcy used
  • Speed equalized
  • Place Located in: Central Park New York
0ffba831-3af6-4ec5-918b-edd67a21480e.jpg

Last edited:
Okay so King Woodsie is 331,105,611,600 Joules while Marcy appears to be about 240,127,503,754 Joules, which gives Woodsie about a 1.3x AP advantage, which is pretty negligible. However since King Woodsie is fighting alone, its very in-character for it to start with 'Lone Force', tripling its damage output, giving King Woodsie about a 4.1x AP advantage after that, which is much more worrisome for Marcy. Lone Force specifically doesn't boost DEF though, so it's still only a 1.3x dura advantage.

King Woodsie is specifically weak to fire damage, so Marcy can rack some extra damage with her Fire Arrows too, however in PAD explosive damage doesn't interact with elemental weaknesses, so unsure if the Explosive Potion would do extra damage here or not.

They both have 'instant wincons' too. King Woodsie's 'Balance Enhancement' is an attack that should be a oneshot if it lands, meanwhile the Stinkshrooms dura negging could be a wincon as well, but the description does make it seem harder to use since King Woodsie would need to breath a certain amount in before it works?

Range is a non-issue, the starting distance is within both of their ranged attacks, and King Woodsie doesn't have evidence of attempting to flee to make use of its larger max range, and likely lacks the mobility to even try that. Speaking of, while they can obvious range each other, Marcy's mobility might be better thanks to her acrobatics? King Woodsie is only shown floating, and not flying in a greater capacity.

The Smoke Arrows don't have a full description, but I assume they put down a smoke screen? Good for keeping the advantage on avoiding hits for Marcy.

King Woodsie on the other hand has better defensive options it seems, with the capacity to heal itself and make forcefields to block incoming attacks. So while its durability isn't that far ahead of Marcy, it might be harder to take down than first expected.

Marcy is absolutely more intelligent, and possibly more skilled. Hard to say since King Woodsies are decent threats to Dragon Tamers, and like all PAD monsters seem to be capable fighters just naturally, but otherwise they're not really remarkable with big feats lists. Marcy likely edges out no matter how generous you are to King Woodsie, but they're no pushover either in a fight.

The real concern for Marcy is Woodsie's sheer damage output. 'Balance Enhancement's likely a oneshot if it lands, and even if it doesn't the temporary damage boost afterwards might still mean any normal attack will be a devastating amount of damage. Orb Combos will increase that 4x AP advantage even further, and the Mass Attack's AOE might be hard to dodge ontop of that. And 'Chow Time!' will inflict a bind on Marcy, making her a sitting duck and punching bag for those heavy hits.

I feel I don't know nearly enough about Marcy, especially skill feats, but for now I'm leaning King Woodsie for their defensive advantages making them hard to take down quickly, Stinkshrooms seeming to be a slow durability negation rather than a quick wincon, and King Woodsie's hefty AP advantage and ability to restrict Marcy's movement if they land and a Mass Attack that's almost certainly going to land if they use it.

I feel I don't know nearly enough about Marcy, especially skill feats
Here you go

Marcy Wu has accurately hit the weak spot of Bomme Frite's copter while fighting against Bomme Frite using the flying copter to attack Marcy Wu and the Night Guards. [Entry 43] While physically and emotionally vulnerable, Marcy Wu has accurately hit an electronic eye of The Core from unspecifically long distance. [S3E7b]

She has great evasion skill, which is shown during her fight against Bomme Frite (she must evade Bomme's attacks from flying copter) and her time in the First Temple ("laser"-dodging).

Marcy's Journal: Entry 43
Amphibia S2E14;
Marcy's Journal: Entry 67

Thank you, and definitely helpful!

Marcy absolutely should have more skill, especially since King Woodsie is just generic 'Can fight, gives the Dragon Tamers issues' when it comes to skill.

I don't think it changes my personal vote though, especially the Mass Attack ability that's going to be hard to avoid even with evasion skill due to its AOE nature. King Woodsie just simply has a decent effective AP advantage, so big, hard to avoid attacks like that are likely going to knock Marcy out of the fight quicker than Marcy can get through the shield and healing advantage.

And if the Paralysis ever lands? Marcy's evasion skill and mobility become moot, and a few hits while she can't even defend herself will end the fight.

Back