• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maplestory Revisions: Well, then.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
https://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/MapleStory:_Black_Mage

So, finally, you end up fighting the Black Mage in an update.

It's been long since I've cared enough about MS to play, and longer since I've kept up with the lore. Can some experts of the verse please go over the details of this update in regards to story? Because it looks like the dude is getting, some, well, really broken feats that make the High 6-A rating he has very laughable.

From the wiki:

The Alliance began to investigate the Gate to the Present and learned that the Black Mage was stealing the Erdas - the building blocks of reality - from Maple World and Grandis, which were slowly merging into one. What was more, they learned that if the Black Mage used the Erdas to create a new world, then Maple World and Grandis would cease to exist. The Alliance sent all their forces to explore the Gate to the Present, where the Black Mage had created the Arcane River - a river of Erdas, and was waiting at the end of the river.

The Black Mage then sent Will, who had experience containing a Transcendent, to capture Tana and bring her before him. Will succeeded in doing so and began a ritual that would allow the Black Mage to take Tana's power and become the Transcendent of Light of both Maple World and Grandis, with the powers of both light and darkness. The ritual succeeded and he began the process of creating a new world - Tenebris.

This multiversal EE actually succeded in the questline, by the way.

So, um, I'll message whoever's on the verse page.

I'm kind of busy right now (3 exams, two lab reports, news pitch), so I can't comment all that much.

But the Black Mage is stopped and is defeated. I don't know the full context behind it because I can't read Korean.

I'll see what I can do to reaseach while you're busy; I haven't been up-to-date on the verse for a while now, so I'll research what I can.

I'm going to bump this from the grave, as I believe the Black Mage expansion is hitting the English servers soon.

I haven't played MapleStory since, but I can start looking at cutscenes and playthroughs when I get the chance.

Back