• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Manifold : Confirmation of Mathematical Platonism-type Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sera EX Thank you for the clarification.

Okay, so that this discussion can yield some results, I can see few points :

• Manifold is literally Mathematics. With physical multiverse being side effect. (Not 1-A though)
  • As such its a Mathematical Multiverse in a way. But since all we've shown are dimensional cosmologies one after another, it's safer to assume its a 'Horribly Incomplete Mathematical Multiverse'.
While we're at Math stuff, I want to ask something.

Dimensions and everything are dependent of mathematical concepts (Math = Reality) in Manifold.

One slight change to a multiverse's Cosmological-Theory might be all that's needed to effortlessly crush infinite dimensions to oblivion. (This explains why Downstreamers can replicate many scientific cosmologies)

Is this kind of Mathematical Manipulation even qualify as Conceptual Manipulation? If so, what type of this manipulation this falls under?

Honestly I think Abilities listed in Mathematics Manipulation page covered most of Downstreamers can do. Especially considering Downstreamers can probably do all Concept Manipulation stuff using Mathematics Manipulation.

But I just want to clarify what Type of 'Conceptual Manipulation' this is. Type 2? Type 1?

Though, there's stuff about 'beyond structure of space and time' and 'structureless void' in Phase Space. So Manifold might not be as 'Horribly Incomplete' as I thought?

XXX

Can someone add links to my blog to Downstreamers' page?

{Feats :

[links to my blog]}

I'd argue that it is conceptual manip since they can change the fundamental core nature of the multiverse itself, but that's just my own perspective.

And what book is this stuff about Phase Space in? I own all three books of the trilogy and could probably give a background to those feats, if there is in fact any.

There's also a Goddess of the Manifold which is stated to encompass a "manifold of manifolds," that me and a former admin on this site both thought was 1-A quite some time ago; perhaps that could get a profile of its own, since it's another character in that verse (though mentioned only a few times)

Aeyu
I'd argue that it is conceptual manip since they can change the fundamental core nature of the multiverse itself, but that's just my own perspective.
Yes it is, but what Type? False Plato? True Plato?

DS page also misses what kind of Type Acausality it has.

And who put Logic Manipulation in Mathematics Manipulation page? It makes Mathematics Manip sounds much more Overpowered to me now ovo

And what book is this stuff about Phase Space in? I own all three books of the trilogy and could probably give a background to those feats, if there is in fact any.
Its fourth book, after Origin. So its understandable you never heard about it.

'Stories from Manifold and Elsewhere'.

It has three new cosmologies. With one containing a possible outerverse (Dante thing in my blog).

There's also a Goddess of the Manifold which is stated to encompass a "manifold of manifolds," that me and a former admin on this site both thought was 1-A quite some time ago; perhaps that could get a profile of its own, since it's another character in that verse (though mentioned only a few times)
Yeah, probably. I also want to create profile for Christian God (from Phase Space) too. Its at least 4D to 24D.

Sera EX said:
Being classified as Type IV is still a lack of info. A type IV Multiverse by our standards does not give us enough information to suggest anything higher than High 1-B. That is, until I revise the Multiverse page.

If these types of multiverses where considered back when the names for 1-C, 1-B, and 1-A were suggested, there would be no reason to resort to "Complex Multiverse", "Hyperverse", or "Outerverse".

This means that as of now, something being classified as any type of multiverse is never enough. We go by number of universes and number of dimensions. That's it.
Okay, wait for revision of Multiverse page.
But then I just found this quote :

Sera EX said:
As a Platonic multiverse/Type IV multiverse inherently contains objects that transcend the necessity of dimension, this type of cosmology is the point where dimensionality becomes wholly irrelevant in all cases. That's 1-A.
Uhhh, so we just need to wait for the Revision of Multiverse page to add Type IV.

But... Based on Beyond-Dimensional Existence page, Downstreamers actually have Non-Dimensional Existence? So, can we add Non-Dimensional Existence to Downstreamers' page despite them not being a 1-A?

I'm planning on creating CRT for adding Links and other things to Downstreaners' page, so just want to make sure I don't miss anything important, even if Beyond-Dimensional Existence page is fairly new addition.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Under the new system the first downstreamers key will be 2-B

...and the second key will be like, Low 1-B. Which is HIGHER than before
looks like OP of this thread want to delete the note on downstreamers page
and the note is still there for months lol

I don't really get the big picture of other thread myself. which Option are you referring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back