• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
>no links to their profiles

A96

Anyway, Mami Tomoe takes this because of Higher AP and resistances to Shuckle's Status Effects.

@Kellex

Shuckle has High 6-C dura.

That said, it isn't getting past her forcefields / breaking free from her ribbons unless it uses power trick, at which point she simply blows him up from afar/use a ribbon to cut him in half.

Glass cannon wins via forcing the tank to turn into a glass cannon ovo

To elaborate a bit, the ribbons can be used offensively without breaking so their durability = Mami's AP, as well as being strong to the point where she can use them to harm Kyoko, the forcefield took a shot from False Mami who is >>>> Mami herself.

The fact that you replied after ALRF (vote bruh) commented proves that you were ignoring me OVO.

But yeah vote stays the same.

Ahh, a non-equal tier match with no hax. In these cases, I choose who has the small gap between thier dura and the opponent's ap, along w/ other facters like stat reduction. Therefore I got with Shuckle because (Large Island / City) > (City / Small City). Also, I personally don't think Shuckle would IC use Power Trick. These are naturally defensive pokemon and would instinctivley go with what keeps them safe. Also, Mami would have no way of telling that Shuckle would use Power Trick anyhow. Oh yeah, Rapid Spin is a thing as well, so **** the ribbons.

Shuckle wins 8.21 times out of 10.

Mami's ribbon shields / forcefields are high end City level. Shuckle isn't getting past them.

It is a defensive Pokemon, but it would use PT sooner or later, given that it can't win until then. At which point, it comes down to skill and versatility and both are easily in Mami's favor

She can actually tell what he is doing via information analysis.

Rapid Spin ignores durability? If not, it isn't breaking the ribbons either

Again, that doesn't help breaking a 7-B ribbon unless it negates dura as well.

It doen't need to break it. I can just get loose with it's round body-shell thing and spinning really fast. Have you tried holding a spinning ball with a rope? It's hard.

Except that she can bind his limbs. So he can't really use it to begin with. If you block the limbs of a turtle, it can't go inside the shell.

@Kal

It doesn't seem like the ribbions could really grap onto those noodle arms of it. Also, Mami won't be constanly spamming attacks for a long period of time. It'll corrupt her soul gem. This'll give give a chance to let Shuckle use Power Trick and... y'know... not die.

I mean, it's the same principle as taking a rope and tying one's arm.

Also, Mami can keep fighting for days if needed

@Neo If you read Kal's reasoning (which is why I'm voting for Mami) its around the idea that Shuckle would eventually use PT while binded by Mami which would make him a glass cannon. So no, its not that I'm underestimating his dura.

SomebodyData said:
@Neo If you read Kal's reasoning (which is why I'm voting for Mami) its around the idea that Shuckle would eventually use PT while binded by Mami which would make him a glass cannon. So no, its not that I'm underestimating his dura.
Did you not read my explanation on how that doesn't work?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
So the reasoning is that Shuckle would deliberately put himself in a disadvantage when he's in a perfect position to be killed?
No. It's that it can't win otherwise, and sooner or later it will try. It can't even break free from the ribbons without PT

Also, Power Split as I've just said. Whatever is the middle ground between 8-A and City, both will be at that level.

Power split doesn't make him able to break the ribbons tho. It's AP only. And the durability of the ribbons is >>>>>>> Mami's own AP, with the split AP being lower

@Neo you mean the idea that his small noodle body won't be grasped on by the ribbons well? That's hardly a reason considering how small her ribbons can get (thin enough to to be attached to bullets)

@Saik still not enough to damage Mami, he would be forced to use Power Trick.

>Damage Mami

Actually, given that even based Shuckle is Low 7-B... (I just noticed that)

Also doesn't her Ribbon scales to her AP?

Attack reflection + forcefields and ribbon shields are all 7-B and he isn't getting past them.

No, it scales from False Mami who is ridiculously stronger in terms of raw AP

I thought it was still 8-A too/

So essentially Shuckle can one shot Mami regardless, while Mami can't even scratch him?

Back