• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And in a world where fear empowers Devils, Makima's very existence was seen as a threat by the primordial fear of the dark; a fear that exists in every living creature as a survival instinct and one that isn't easily overcome due to its very nature of something that is inherently ingrained into us as part of our evolution and tied to the fear of the unknown.

Compared to Darkness Devil, Gojo is just some dude with a sleep mask.

I would also like to add that Darkness Devil was implied to have never been killed due to how Hell works in CSM. Which adds so much more weight to the threat Makima poses just by existing. Not to mention the Devils in Hell probably hate her so much they spawn killed her when Denji ate her on Earth, leading to Nayuta's speedy "birth" on Earth.
This is cool and all, but Gojo’s mere conception altered the balance of the entire planet, in a world where fear, negativity, resentment, and hatred creates these curses to begin with. They are, quite literally, infinitely apart. There is no comparison to be made here.

You're telling me people are more scared of Gojo than the instinctual fight or flight response that we get when we are confronted by the idea of darkness?

A person would be more scared of Gojo than if I put them in a pitch black room by themselves?

This is cool and all, but Gojo’s mere conception altered the balance of the entire planet, in a world where fear, negativity, resentment, and hatred creates these curses to begin with. They are, quite literally, infinitely apart. There is no comparison to be made here.
"Altered the balance of the world" what does that mean? thats a vague statement. Its been a while since I watched JJK but I doubt Makiks would have any sense that Gojo is someone to be feared considering a lot of the curses that fought Gojo weren't scared of him.

You're telling me people are more scared of Gojo than the instinctual fight or flight response that we get when we are confronted by the idea of darkness?

A person would be more scared of Gojo than if I put them in a pitch black room by themselves?
Sure, I’ll argue this. Because not everyone is scared of the dark. We know this to be true, because only two people were noticeably affected by the Darkness Devil’s fear: One of Quanxi’s devils, and Power, and that was only after the fact.

Considering this same Gojo would, in-time, have a presence so imposing that the literal conceptual embodiments of fear of natural disasters (fire, water, earth/grass, and humanity itself) would opt to run away, and then later formulate a plan with the smartest man in the entire series to only incapacitate them (a plan that got one of them killed), yes, I very much would.

"Altered the balance of the world" what does that mean? thats a vague statement. Its been a while since I watched JJK but I doubt Makiks would have any sense that Gojo is someone to be feared considering a lot of the curses that fought Gojo weren't scared of him.
Exactly what he meant. His birth is what caused the massive surge of curses. Can you show me what curses didn’t fear him after immediately realizing his capabilities? Jogo was humbled, then every time he even spoke his name, he trembled.

Exactly what he meant. His birth is what caused the massive surge of curses. Can you show me what curses didn’t fear him after immediately realizing his capabilities? Jogo was humbled, then every time he even spoke his name, he trembled.
Can you provide scans for that? Who said anything about after realizing what he's capable of? We're talking about being afraid by his presence alone. Jogo wasn't afraid, Miguel wasn't afraid. So I really don't see Makima sensing Gojo is someone to be feared. Also the whole thing about the embodiment of the fear of natural disaster isn't impressive at all since all devils in CSM are abstract by nature. The fear of natural disaster also is nowhere near the primordial fear of the darkness, and if we're by numbers alone more people fear the darkness.

The fear regular devils and fiends feel from just Darkness Devil's presence approaching was enough to make Quanxi's fiends ask for permission to kill themselves and traumatize power for like 6 months. Makima is completely unfased by it. (Even if she probably can't control him due to him being higher in the Big Bad Devil pecking order.)

Yes? That natural fear while primal, is still relatively unconscious.

I literally just told you that hardened sorcerors, people willing to commit murder and who routinely deal with curses themselves, immediately quit their whole profession by simply glancing at Gojo from hundreds of meters away. This being his passive aura as a 6 year old.

Do you think those hardened criminals would react the same to being put into a dark room?

Can you provide scans for that?
Of what?

Who said anything about after realizing what he's capable of?
I did.

We're talking about being afraid by his presence alone. Jogo wasn't afraid, Miguel wasn't afraid.
Jogo was an overconfident fool, and Miguel literally threatened to curse Geto if he died fighting him (which he was losing).

Also the whole thing about the embodiment of the fear of natural disaster isn't impressive at all since all devils in CSM are abstract by nature. The fear of natural disaster also is nowhere near the primordial fear of the darkness, and if we're by numbers alone more people fear the darkness.

Highly doubt that, especially considering:

A. Dagon includes water, which subsequently proceeds drowning, which is heavily feared.
B. Mahito is literally all of humanities evil.

Of what?

I did.

Jogo was an overconfident fool, and Miguel literally threatened to curse Geto if he died fighting him (which he was losing).

Highly doubt that, especially considering:

A. Dagon includes water, which subsequently proceeds drowning, which is heavily feared.
B. Mahito is literally all of humanities evil.
Of Gojos birth causing a massive surge of curses.

Why? Makima merely has to perceive herself to be superior which she can do before fighting her opponent. If Makima cannot sense Gojo to be a fearsome and powerful foe from the start then her mind control works.

Okay, and? Even if Jogo was overconfident he didn't feel Gojo to be some to be feared so why would Makima who was unfazed by the darkness devil who is literally the primordial fear of the darkness that all living things are born with assume Gojo is a powerful opponent

Not relevant again since all devils in CSM are abstract in nature and even other devils and fiends are terrified of Makima. Sure people are afraid of drowning but more are scared of the darkness. It's also worth noting that the darkness devil was one of the few devils that were never killed and other devils are scared of it.

Mahito isn't the all of humanities evil, he is the fear and hatred humans have of other humans, how is this relevant anyways?

Also, can't Makima just use her TK to send Gojo into outer space? how does Gojo deal with that

Also, can't Makima just use her TK to send Gojo into outer space? how does Gojo deal with that
1064265806868922489.webp

Probably because VsB considers LS to be the only statistic to break TK. Since Gojo has rather lower LS, TK would work.
To my knowledge her TK feats are concoussove in nature. Does she have feats of sending things to space?
Not that it matters if she can’t bypass limitless.

She sent Chainsaw Devil to space ( not that i think it could affect Gojo, considering it seems to behave like a TK bullet more than anything )

How is she TK'ing Gojo who blatantly outscales her in stats and will legitimately never be touched by her?
Why is stats relevant? LS is only relevant to break holds from TK, even then Makima has a higher LS than Gojo.
To my knowledge her TK feats are concoussove in nature. Does she have feats of sending things to space?
Not that it matters if she can’t bypass limitless.
Yes, she sent the chainsaw devil into outer space. Why would limitless be a factor when Makima isn't making any contact with him?

She sent Chainsaw Devil to space ( not that i think it could affect Gojo, considering it seems to behave like a TK bullet more than anything )

Why wouldn't it affect Gojo? "Considering it seems to behave like a tk bullet more than anything" what does that even mean? She's not throwing anything at Gojo, she's literally just using TK to fling him into space.

Speaking of TK whats stopping Makima from crushing Gojo?

Last edited:
Basic techniques and powers from JJK heavily resemble Makima’s TK or is outright the same as TK in general and they can’t reach Gojo due to limitless so idk why Makima’s TK would

Basic techniques and powers from JJK heavily resemble Makima’s TK or is outright the same as TK in general and they can’t reach Gojo due to limitless so idk why Makima’s TK would

Unless Gojo has actual feats or TK not being able to reach via limitless I don't see why it wouldn't work. The way infinity is described states that attacks aimed at Gojo will never hit due to the infinite amount of virtual space. TK isn't attacking gojo with projectiles or energy or anything else, it just makes Gojo affected as the target from start.

If TK doesn't work then he'd still be mind controlled by Makima

Why is stats relevant? LS is only relevant to break holds from TK, even then Makima has a higher LS than Gojo.
For TK that acts like grappling. Makima's doesn't.
Yes, she sent the chainsaw devil into outer space. Why would limitless be a factor when Makima isn't making any contact with him?
What are you talking about? Makima has to propagate her technique and identify her target no? It's not bypassing the concept of infinity.

For TK that acts like grappling. Makima's doesn't.

What are you talking about? Makima has to propagate her technique and identify her target no? It's not bypassing the concept of infinity.
Makimas TK doesn't act like grappling so. Yeah she does, her LS is class 100 while Gojos is class 5.

No. She just points her finger and bang. Unless Gojo has actual feats of infinity working on something like TK I don't see how he gets past it.

Makimas TK doesn't act like grappling so. Yeah she does, her LS is class 100 while Gojos is class 5.
What? If it doesn't act like grappling we don't use LS. You just argued against your conclusion.
No. She just points her finger and bang. Unless Gojo has actual feats of infinity working on something like TK I don't see how he gets past it.
Yeah, no. That's not how any of this works. Just because the propogation of her technique is invisble doesn't mean it doesn't exist lmao. That's like saying Itachi can genjutsu Gojo through infinity.

Unless you're gonna claim Makima is omnipresent and can propagate her technique directly through Gojo himself, then it's a moot point and she isn't doing a thing. Especially since limitless works on a spiritual, informational, and conceptual level.

Gojo literally has no way to win and will end up killing himself.
Let's recap Gojo's options:
Gojo punches her to death
gojo kicks her to death.
Gojo karate chops her to death.
Gojo uses rizz to bag her and convince her to stop.
Gojo floods her mind with information she can't process.
Gojo erases her from existence.
Gojo uses red to send her to space.

Need anymore?

What? If it doesn't act like grappling we don't use LS. You just argued against your conclusion.

Yeah, no. That's not how any of this works. Just because the propogation of her technique is invisble doesn't mean it doesn't exist lmao. That's like saying Itachi can genjutsu Gojo through infinity.

Unless you're gonna claim Makima is omnipresent and can propagate her technique directly through Gojo himself, then it's a moot point and she isn't doing a thing. Especially since limitless works on a spiritual, informational, and conceptual level.
Okay? I never brought up LS in the first place it was you bringing up stats.

Yes it is. Makima just points her finger and bang Gojo is in outer space. My brother in christ it's telekinesis, it's just the use of mental power. I don't know shif about Naruto so I don't understand the comparison you're making.

Damn thats crazy, now show me it working on telekinesis which is just mental power to move objects.

Voting Makima for now, so far no one has given an convincing reason as to Gojo countering mind control or telekinesis

Unless Gojo has actual feats or TK not being able to reach via limitless I don't see why it wouldn't work. The way infinity is described states that attacks aimed at Gojo will never hit due to the infinite amount of virtual space. TK isn't attacking gojo with projectiles or energy or anything else, it just makes Gojo affected as the target from start.

If TK doesn't work then he'd still be mind controlled by Makima
Yeah….that’s what it’s shown here.

We see even basic curse techniques and abilities (that Gojo himself performs no less) act just like Makima’s TK. And no curse technique in the series is touching Gojo.

Soooo yeah.

To anyone saying Infinity wouldn't work against something as basic as Makima's TK I'd like you to introduce to your drug dealer because your clearly smoking better shit than me.

Gojo's Infinity is conceptual and creates an infinite distance between himself and the opponent. Makima's Bang Technique obviously has a travel time / projectile even if you'd argue that her bang technique is a blast of KE or such that still wouldn't change anything, it's still based on energy, something Gojo's infinity would stop outright.

Also no, Makima doesn't just think and Bang effect is automatically spawned on the target. She needs to actively aim then say bang, and due to her not having attacks that spawn directly on the opponent or without having feats of bypassing distance then the Bang is useless.

Okay? I never brought up LS in the first place it was you bringing up stats.
If it works via concussive force it isn't doing anything to Gojo (once again assuming it could bypass limitless).
Yes it is. Makima just points her finger and bang Gojo is in outer space. My brother in christ it's telekinesis, it's just the use of mental power. I don't know shif about Naruto so I don't understand the comparison you're making.
It seems you're just blatantly ignorant of how technique mechanics work.

All techniques propogate through some mechanism, whether spiritual, physical, mental, etc.

Makima obviously doesn't just start with space affecting Gojo's body. She has to mentally activate and choose a spot to target.

That isn't happening with Gojo's conceptual infinite space. So the TK blast, her mindcontrol, etc aren't bypassing infinity. Unless of course again, you have proof that Makima's techniques can bypass this.
Damn thats crazy, now show me it working on telekinesis which is just mental power to move objects.
Mental power would fall under cursed energy. Do you want me to show you limitless stopping cursed energy?

Do you want me to show you Gojo's limitless literally stopping abstract curses in a realm lacking time?

Learn how things work and then come back to class.
Voting Makima for now, so far no one has given an convincing reason as to Gojo countering mind control or telekinesis

Damn, I didn't know Makima's ability transcended her own space-time and filtered into all fiction.

Ya know what, I've been convinced. Makima wins cause Gojo is Japanese.
However, if an ability has a weakness, condition, caveat, or limitation, consistently shown throughout its use (such as not working on characters under a specific condition, like energy gap) or stated by a valid and uncontradicted statement, then it should be applicable after the equalization.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but how would Makima counter Gojo's attacks. Cursed energy and Cursed techniques are invisible to anyone who hasn't also got Cursed energy.

Back