• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maki Zenin VS. Quanxi (5-2-0)

Last edited:
I think maki stomps

Higher ap, she can one shot quanxi if she hits her with ssk, maki is more skilled and it will be difficulty for quanxi to hit her due to maki's analytical prediction

I believe Quanxi's saving grace here is her speed amp from transforming + danmaku.

She'd need to fight like she did vs Santa rather than how she fights fodder.

I don't think Quanxi would allow Maki to get a clean cut on her, and if I unequalize speed that's also a stomp
I don't think it'd be a stomp if unequalized. The fact its 50 meters starting distance would allow Maki to predict her movements with her senses which let her sense Naoya moving from dozens of meters away. Quanxi is 7x faster but keeping distance, Maki can definitely fight decently here. Also Maki can take Quanxi's hits while Quanxi can't take a hit from SSK, which will be easy for Maki here.

You can keep it equalized but its obvious Maki's main win con here is SSK and either you downplay her skill or hype up Quanxi skill. Knowing Maki though she'll go for the head or heart right away. And knowing Quanxi, she'll charge in with her swords not knowing Maki's sword can slice right through hers.

I think maki stomps

Higher ap, she can one shot quanxi if she hits her with ssk
The AP gap is only a 1.25 difference when Quanxi is transformed, I doubt Maki would one shot with SSK
maki is more skilled
I disagree, Quanxi is fairly above Maki when it comes to skill imo
and it will be difficulty for quanxi to hit her due to maki's analytical prediction
Fair
I don't think it'd be a stomp if unequalized. The fact its 50 meters starting distance would allow Maki to predict her movements with her senses which let her sense Naoya moving from dozens of meters away. Quanxi is 7x faster but keeping distance, Maki can definitely fight decently here. Also Maki can take Quanxi's hits while Quanxi can't take a hit from SSK, which will be easy for Maki here.
Quanxi is invisible to Mach 3 characters when transformed, and due to her superior skill and acrobatics I doubt she would get hit in base better yet her transformed state. But if you believe it would work better ill un-equalize the speed
You can keep it equalized but its obvious Maki's main win con here is SSK and either you downplay her skill or hype up Quanxi skill. Knowing Maki though she'll go for the head or heart right away. And knowing Quanxi, she'll charge in with her swords not knowing Maki's sword can slice right through hers.
Knowing Quanxi she would likely react to it and then transform

Quanxi is invisible to Mach 3 characters when transformed, and due to her superior skill and acrobatics I doubt she would get hit in base better yet her transformed state. But if you believe it would work better ill un-equalize the speed
Quanxi is invisible to them even in base lmao

The AP gap is only a 1.25 difference when Quanxi is transformed, I doubt Maki would one shot with ASK
Doesn't ssk targets the soul? I don't think quanxi can Regen from that and if she doesn't start the fight transformed then maki one shots
I disagree, Quanxi is fairly above Maki when it comes to skill IMO
I don't remember a lot about quanxi skill feats

The only thing I remember is kishibe saying that she would win against the entire world in a fight(I think he said something like that to makima)

Edit:does quanxi have her optional equipment?

Last edited:
Eh I see what you're saying, I know Quanxi is very acrobatic but Maki is also, and she is good at adjusting in the midst of combat, I wouldn't put it behind her to adapt to Quanxi's evasions. Speed can stay equalized, unless others call it out, I personally think it gives Maki a greater edge than unequalized due to her senses.

Given her arrow form has amped speed, I'm leaning towards to Quanxi via arrowmaku (plus Maki's durability section is lacking a lot to show she's more durable than 114.36 tons)

Doesn't ssk targets the soul? I don't think quanxi can Regen from that and if she doesn't start the fight transformed then maki one shots
She cant regenerate from damage taken from it but considering SSK it would one shot her depending on where Maki slices, but Quanxi's acrobatics and overall combat skill would save her from getting hit by it. After Quanxi rushes at Maki and she breaks her swords with SSK she will likely dodge her attack and transform. Once she transforms she gets a massive speed-boost, enhanced acrobatics and enough AP to harm Maki with her arrow Danmaku. Overall tho I'm kinda downplaying Maki's skill as well as her own acrobatics, but id just say Quanxi would be faster and superior in those categories
I don't remember a lot about quanxi skill feats

The only thing I remember is kishibe saying that she would win against the entire world in a fight(I think he said something like that to makima)
Mainly other martial arts, acrobatics and weapon mastery feats listed on her profile
Edit:does quanxi have her optional equipment?
Yeah both get everything on their profiles
Eh I see what you're saying, I know Quanxi is very acrobatic but Maki is also, and she is good at adjusting in the midst of combat, I wouldn't put it behind her to adapt to Quanxi's evasions. Speed can stay equalized, unless others call it out, I personally think it gives Maki a greater edge than unequalized due to her senses.

Given her arrow form has amped speed, I'm leaning towards to Quanxi via arrowmaku (plus Maki's durability section is lacking a lot to show she's more durable than 114.36 tons)
Agreed

Split-Soul Katana has never been shown to neg regen higher than Low-Mid (Me being annoying on purpose)
I don't think it needs to be shown working on regen above that level for common sense to be applicable. If you can regenerate your soul? It'd obviously be of no issue. If you're unable to? Then not sure how you're going to regenerate damage beyond what you're shown to regenerate.
She cant regenerate from damage taken from it but considering SSK it would one shot her depending on where Maki slices, but Quanxi's acrobatics and overall combat skill would save her from getting hit by it. After Quanxi rushes at Maki and she breaks her swords with SSK she will likely dodge her attack and transform. Once she transforms she gets a massive speed-boost, enhanced acrobatics and enough AP to harm Maki with her arrow Danmaku. Overall tho I'm kinda downplaying Maki's skill as well as her own acrobatics, but id just say Quanxi would be faster and superior in those categories
Her combat skill and acrobatics would only save her if they're above Maki's realm. Which they don't seem to be From what I've heard and read

In the scenario they get close and Maki manages to cleave her sword in half, I highly doubt she'll have the time/distance to dodge against someone as skilled as Maki when she also has analytical prediction/"precog". Pretty sure she's getting cut in half on the spot.

Her combat skill and acrobatics would only save her if they're above Maki's realm. Which they don't seem to be From what I've heard and read
Quanxi's are superior iirc, my mind is not fresh on Maki's side of skill tho
In the scenario they get close and Maki manages to cleave her sword in half, I highly doubt she'll have the time/distance to dodge against someone as skilled as Maki when she also has analytical prediction/"precog". Pretty sure she's getting cut in half on the spot.
I theorize with her superior acrobatics she will, or at least avoid taking fatal damage from the attack. After being unable to heal her wounds (If she gets hurt) she will begin taking Maki more seriously as she enters her Hybrid form and that would be wraps

Quanxi's are superior iirc, my mind is not fresh on Maki's side of skill tho
Quanxi's skill for the most part stems from her statement of being able to beat everyone on earth in a fist fight. But given she also one-shots and blitzes 99.99% of the globe, that's also not exactly unexpected. I'd prolly bet on Maki being superior skill-wise imo. And a better strategist. In regards to acrobatics though, I imagine they'd be in the same ballpark.
I theorize with her superior acrobatics she will, or at least avoid taking fatal damage from the attack. After being unable to heal her wounds (If she gets hurt) she will begin taking Maki more seriously as she enters her Hybrid form and that would be wraps
Not sure how I feel about "superior" acrobatics. But even so, I don't think acrobatics alone is enough to avoid an attack point blank from someone as skilled as Maki who also has borderline precognition. Not unless she's on some Sonic timing acrobatics where he can evade hundreds of attacks from people comparable to themselves simultaneously. But from up to where I've read, she's not nearly at that level.

Quanxi's skill for the most part stems from her statement of being able to beat everyone on earth in a fist fight. But given she also one-shots and blitzes 99.99% of the globe, that's also not exactly unexpected. I'd prolly bet on Maki being superior skill-wise imo. And a better strategist. In regards to acrobatics though, I imagine they'd be in the same ballpark.
For Quanxi's skill her statement isn't the only feat she has in that department, we know she's fairly experienced being the worlds first Devil Hunter and she is also superior to Kishibe who is the self-proclaimed "Strongest Devil Hunter", believe the statement as boasting or not I find it alright as Makima entrusted Denji and Power in his hands along that it mainly could have been for his prime, Quanxi was still able to best him in combat (or outpace mainly but its a decent feat regardless), she can go toe to toe with Yoshida whom is relative to her in combat despite being weaker (lets not forget that Yoshida is only a third rate Devil Hunter) meaning that there might be Devil hunters far more skilled than the likes of him. I don't think we should duck past her main statement of being able to take on anyone in the world in bare h2h combat, which by itself you must have some overall great skill to achieve despite her speed and strength. (Remember that hybrids are only empowered by fear when they transform, so in base Quanxi's inhuman strength comes from something else) my head-cannon is that training is what provides this strength and skill that Devil Hunters possess, so honestly overall but not by a large margin id give Quanxi skill. Acrobatics wise I'm not refreshed on Maki's side, but for Quanxi she has some pretty good feats in that category, an example being he doll blitz running on walls while decapitating a bunch of Dolls and Devil Hunters, being able to do a 180 intercepting Aki and Angel as well as being able to intercept Denji and two other Devil hunter's protecting him Mid-air, like this match is suggesting Quanxi is aware and can intercept an attack from Yoshida who is relative to her in speed which is why I think Quanxi would have the edge in both categories imo.
Not sure how I feel about "superior" acrobatics. But even so, I don't think acrobatics alone is enough to avoid an attack point blank from someone as skilled as Maki who also has borderline precognition. Not unless she's on some Sonic timing acrobatics where he can evade hundreds of attacks from people comparable to themselves simultaneously. But from up to where I've read, she's not nearly at that level.
I believe she's on that level from the above

For Quanxi's skill her statement isn't the only feat she has in that department, we know she's fairly experienced being the worlds first Devil Hunter and she is also superior to Kishibe who is the self-proclaimed "Strongest Devil Hunter", believe the statement as boasting or not I find it alright as Makima entrusted Denji and Power in his hands along that it mainly could have been for his prime, Quanxi was still able to best him in combat (or outpace mainly but its a decent feat regardless),
I don't see the statement as boasting. I just explained that she also stat-stomps 99.99% of Earth's population. So it's obvious she'd be able to beat any of them in a fist fight. Kishibe being the "Strongest Devil Hunter" is vague and could entail a number of things (Stats, Skill, etc.) and doesn't mean much on his own unless he himself has other statements, or better yet, feats.
I don't think we should duck past her main statement of being able to take on anyone in the world in bare h2h combat, which by itself you must have some overall great skill to achieve despite her speed and strength. (Remember that hybrids are only empowered by fear when they transform, so in base Quanxi's inhuman strength comes from something else) my head-cannon is that training is what provides this strength and skill that Devil Hunters possess, so honestly overall but not by a large margin id give Quanxi skill.
All of this seems like conjecture based on a statement with little to no feats. I'd very easily give an edge to Maki, and I'm not even caught up with the current arc.

Maki can incapacitate a Yuta who's been training for 3 months, in a fight without being touched a single time. And also evade a strike from him in mid-air.

Handily defeated/disarmed Miwa (with Aikido) without being tagged a single time, even after purposely getting rid of her range advantage as a counter-strategy against Miwa's strategy. With Miwa noting that had Maki used her blade, she would have died twice already despite Maki being hindred by a "cramped space" (bare in mind Miwa actually possesses Jujutsu as well that provide her unique abilities. Whereas Maki relies solely on skill).

Defeated Mai who's just outright using a gun without being tagged once (Unless you count her stopping a bullet when she was caught off guard as being tagged). Even stating she would've been fine engaging in a 2v1 against her.

Kept up with Hanami despite being at a large physical disadvantage. Synergized with Fushiguro in a 2v1 and was able to strategize/trick Hanami by swapping weapons with him mid-battle. Only being tagged twice after being distracted by Megumi (To his own admission), thus lessening her sharpness.

Kept up with Dagon in a 3v1 despite also being at a large physical disadvantage (Dagon possessed the physical strength to kill her with a single blow). Synergizing with Nanami and Naobito on the fly. Only being tagged because of Dagon's Domain Expansion which spawns fish on you.

Trained with, is superior to, and killed off the entire Kukuru unit who train in martial arts day and night for years. The best Cursed Tool user of all students at Jujutsu Tech.

Effortlessly predicted and defeated Naoya after counting out every single movement he makes in a second who tried to strategize against her.

And that's just what I'm caught up to (A physical manga reader. Though I dabble in spoilers on occasion). I do know she does some crazy stuff against Cursed Womb Naoya who initially had a blitz sped advantage over her. Managing to out-maneuver every single one of his attacks and beat him down as if though she were the faster one. And takes on Sukuna and works in tandem/synergizes with Yuji, etc.

I'd say Maki handily takes the skill department.
Acrobatics wise I'm not refreshed on Maki's side, but for Quanxi she has some pretty good feats in that category, an example being he doll blitz running on walls while decapitating a bunch of Dolls and Devil Hunters, being able to do a 180 intercepting Aki and Angel as well as being able to intercept Denji and two other Devil hunter's protecting him Mid-air, like this match is suggesting Quanxi is aware and can intercept an attack from Yoshida who is relative to her in speed which is why I think Quanxi would have the edge in both categories imo.
Her being able to run on walls and decapitate people is decent, granted you don't really need to mention who since she's way faster than the people she did that to. So it's not as though they had the possibility of stopping her in any fashion.

Maki before Complete Heavenly Restriction doesn't have the craziest acrobatics to my knowledge. It's after that when she starts doing stuff like jumping up hundreds of meters, leaping between walls, "dancing" around enemies, and doing crazy combo-attacks. But she does that past up to where I've read. So someone else will prolly have to argue with you on that point. Though you can get a fist of how good her acrobatics is from her fight against the Kukuru unit which I linked above. Plus a little glimpse here when she jumps high into the air to evade hands of sand, then runs down the side of the hands to kill two members of the Zen'in clan.

Yeah I don't see much in arguing Maki's skill is better here, Quanxi's got at least a hundred years under her belt, likely thousands given when arrows were made, she's definitely got more experience. Maki's senses are what will carry her and even then as we saw when faced against someone like Sukuna in skill, her senses don't aid her much when the opponent is faster or on her level of speed (I'm referring to 15 Sukuna btw).

I think Quanxi's got acrobats too, she's capable of jumping on walls, slicing numerous dolls and people's head all spread out.
0060-009.png
0060-010.png
0060-014.png
0060-015.png
0060-018.png

0060-016.png

I don't think acrobatics alone is enough to avoid an attack point blank from someone as skilled as Maki who also has borderline precognition.
I mean Maki's "precog" has shown to be unreliable when caught off guard funny enough, she couldn't evade Sukuna's punch (I linked it up top), Uraume catches her in ice, Sukuna's amp speed blitzed her senses as well. Not to say it isn't gonna work at all, I think it'll be somewhat useful in base but once Quanxi transforms, I think Quanxi's speed amp will make it harder for Maki to land her slashes. Also Quanxi's sending numerous arrows at this speed, arrows that destroyed Santa's body completely, it's more that Maki won't be able to avoid all her attacks.

Yeah I don't see much in arguing Maki's skill is better here, Quanxi's got at least a hundred years under her belt, likely thousands given when arrows were made, she's definitely got more experience. Maki's senses are what will carry her and even then as we saw when faced against someone like Sukuna in skill, her senses don't aid her much when the opponent is faster or on her level of speed (I'm referring to 15 Sukuna btw).
Are you agreeing Maki's more skilled or disagreeing?

1. Experience =/= Skill
2. Isn't Quanxi a Hybrid, not a Devil? Why would she have a hundred years of experience? (I'm not caught up, so maybe that's stated somewhere?)
3. Sukuna being able to handle Maki's senses is just a skill feat for Sukuna himself, not really an anti-feat Sukuna was also able to fight Yuta after gaining the ability to precog the future via Charles technique.

Maki is most definitely more skilled. Quanxi only takes experience.
I think Quanxi's got acrobats too, she's capable of jumping on walls, slicing numerous dolls and people's head all spread out.
I would've expected a wider variety of acrobatics. This is just wall-running.
I mean Maki's "precog" has shown to be unreliable when caught off guard funny enough, she couldn't evade Sukuna's punch (I linked it up top), Uraume catches her in ice, Sukuna's amp speed blitzed her senses as well. Not to say it isn't gonna work at all, I think it'll be somewhat useful in base but once Quanxi transforms, I think Quanxi's speed amp will make it harder for Maki to land her slashes. Also Quanxi's sending numerous arrows at this speed, arrows that destroyed Santa's body completely, it's more that Maki won't be able to avoid all her attacks.
Having "precog" =/= being able to avoid all attacks automatically. If you face someone with the skill to fight through precog like Sukuna, it's not gonna matter (He was also fighting Yuji at the same time who was verbatim stated to have a better fighting sense than even Maki and has good skill feats himself).

Haven't read up to the Uraume fight, but fair I guess.

Sukuna speed-blitzing her isn't an anti-feat either. He just amped himself beyond her senses when in base he's already shown to keep up with precog and other similarly skilled people to her. When faced with someone not nearly as skilled (Naoya), she ended up stomping them because of her senses despite having a speed blitz level advantage over her.

I also think Quanxi getting a speed amp when transformed should either be reworded, or removed. Because I don't think someone stating her to be invisible who would've also got speed-blitzed by Base Quanxi indicates much of an amp. But regardless, I don't think Quanxi's shown skill on the level of people who have tagged Maki after unlocking her senses to where she could reliably tag her. Granted I do think tagging her would be possible. Just not as easy as people are making it out to be when Maki can evade and cut the arrows in half. And I think if Crossbow Quanxi gets in close, she's going to end up cut into pieces.
What chapter was this?
I think I saw it from pages in chapters beyond where I'm at (I'm at the VERY start of the Maki and Kamo vs Naoya fight).
I could be wrong but she didn't do that. Maybe tens of meters, or jumping from building to building.
I'd have to catch up to know. That's why I said in regards to acrobatics, someone else will have to argue that in my place. Since I'm pretty sure most of her acrobatics are beyond where I'm currently at.

2. Isn't Quanxi a Hybrid, not a Devil? Why would she have a hundred years of experience? (I'm not caught up, so maybe that's stated somewhere?)
The whip hybrid stated in part 2 that she is 82 years old and the spear hybrid considers her a child and since quanxi is the first devil hunter she's way older than him

Experience is skill without substance. I think Maki's analytical prediction alone puts her at or above Quanxi's level of being strong in several martial arts & sword forms.

But I also don't think they're gonna fight CQC where this would become an issue, Arrowmaku Spam + speed-diff is just that good.

Quanxi's main superiority here is skill and not by an extent where maki can't keep up as well as speed which maki should be able to keep up with due to the Analytical prediction which allows her to start out preforming people she couldn't even see move before hand.

Maki's main advantages is better durability (combined with her regen it makes Quanxi's job of putting her down a difficult one), the ability to stop quanxi's regeneration with SSK (which also bypasses Durability) and her acrobatics are flat out superior to Quanxi's due to her ability to move off of air which was further confirmed in the last chapter of JJK (her and sukuna fighting and walking mid air). Maki also has her analytical prediction which allows her to dodge ranged attacks without much issue

I'd say maki takes it more often than not due to her superior stats and having an answer to Quanxi's regen with SSK and combined with her ability to jump off of air as well as grab currents of air and move off of them and her anylitical prediction to compensate for the skill difference she would come out on top after landing 1 or two shots on Quanxi with SSK with the first blow being the winning won no matter what since if maki hits Quanxi, Quanxi will not be able to regenerate what ever part of her body was hit and if its her arm/legs that instantly puts her into a losing position and if she manages to land a hit on the body its game over with the first strike.

I don't see the statement as boasting. I just explained that she also stat-stomps 99.99% of Earth's population. So it's obvious she'd be able to beat any of them in a fist fight. Kishibe being the "Strongest Devil Hunter" is vague and could entail a number of things (Stats, Skill, etc.) and doesn't mean much on his own unless he himself has other statements, or better yet, feats.
Not really stat-stomping considering that Quanxi is on par with a third rate Devil Hunter, meaning that there are still some people who would be relative or above her in terms of strength and speed, as I've theorized having inhuman strength in the CSM universe might be a cause of training as weve seen with Kishibe and Quanxi, being a Devil Hunter alone requires a large amount of skill and even with it Devil Hunters tend to die young, which is why Kishibe and Quanxi are a special case. For Kishibe being the strongest Devil Hunter isn't vague in the Skills department id disagree mainly for the fact that most Devil Hunters are Gifted for practically just being on the job, when It comes to Quanxi and Kishibe they are just geniuses above their colleges
All of this seems like conjecture based on a statement with little to no feats. I'd very easily give an edge to Maki, and I'm not even caught up with the current arc.
I wouldn't say not having enough feats is enough to really place the statements along with her other feats bellow Maki's skill level because she has more showings, Quanxi still does have martial arts feats but its just the fact she's superior to everyone whom she comes across makes it difficult to gauge feats of skill but I would still give skill to Quanxi so far
Maki can incapacitate a Yuta who's been training for 3 months, in a fight without being touched a single time. And also evade a strike from him in mid-air.

Handily defeated/disarmed Miwa (with Aikido) without being tagged a single time, even after purposely getting rid of her range advantage as a counter-strategy against Miwa's strategy. With Miwa noting that had Maki used her blade, she would have died twice already despite Maki being hindred by a "cramped space" (bare in mind Miwa actually possesses Jujutsu as well that provide her unique abilities. Whereas Maki relies solely on skill).

Defeated Mai who's just outright using a gun without being tagged once (Unless you count her stopping a bullet when she was caught off guard as being tagged). Even stating she would've been fine engaging in a 2v1 against her.

Kept up with Hanami despite being at a large physical disadvantage. Synergized with Fushiguro in a 2v1 and was able to strategize/trick Hanami by swapping weapons with him mid-battle. Only being tagged twice after being distracted by Megumi (To his own admission), thus lessening her sharpness.

Kept up with Dagon in a 3v1 despite also being at a large physical disadvantage (Dagon possessed the physical strength to kill her with a single blow). Synergizing with Nanami and Naobito on the fly. Only being tagged because of Dagon's Domain Expansion which spawns fish on you.

Trained with, is superior to, and killed off the entire Kukuru unit who train in martial arts day and night for years. The best Cursed Tool user of all students at Jujutsu Tech.

Effortlessly predicted and defeated Naoya after counting out every single movement he makes in a second who tried to strategize against her.

And that's just what I'm caught up to (A physical manga reader. Though I dabble in spoilers on occasion). I do know she does some crazy stuff against Cursed Womb Naoya who initially had a blitz sped advantage over her. Managing to out-maneuver every single one of his attacks and beat him down as if though she were the faster one. And takes on Sukuna and works in tandem/synergizes with Yuji, etc.

I'd say Maki handily takes the skill department.
These are all pretty decent feats themselves, but id say id give Quanxi the edge again for similar feats;

She is the worlds first devil hunter, I want to bring this up again mainly because Devil Hunters go way back Quanxi could likely be hundreds of years old will sufficient skill and training (which I again theorize is the source of her strength) and overtime experience is skill.

She is an assasin and known as the last humanity has to offer strongest humanity has to offer, showing her built of strength other time and supporting the likes her of immense skill

She is able to outskill Kishibe in combat as he is the strongest Devil Hunter and he is known to be superior to his colleagues. (Kishibe himself is also a genus in the matter when it comes to feats as he Organized the counter-attack against Makima and her expanding control over Japan, orchestrating a multi-stage plan that would have successfully banished her to Hell had Pochita not unexpectedly intervened and been sent to Hell in her place instead. It's especially notable that he managed to formulate this plan and execute it as Makima has the ability to borrow the senses of lower forms of life such as rats and birds, allowing her to effortlessly eavesdrop on anyone and anything of interest and have near-flawless abilities of reconnaissance and spying.) among other feats.

She is able to counter attack Yoshida whom is relative to her in speed and combat

Although I do believe Maki is the better strategist and planner, Quanxi is more skilled in her work but not by a large margin compared to Maki
Her being able to run on walls and decapitate people is decent, granted you don't really need to mention who since she's way faster than the people she did that to. So it's not as though they had the possibility of stopping her in any fashion.

Maki before Complete Heavenly Restriction doesn't have the craziest acrobatics to my knowledge. It's after that when she starts doing stuff like jumping up hundreds of meters, leaping between walls, "dancing" around enemies, and doing crazy combo-attacks. But she does that past up to where I've read. So someone else will prolly have to argue with you on that point. Though you can get a fist of how good her acrobatics is from her fight against the Kukuru unit which I linked above. Plus a little glimpse here when she jumps high into the air to evade hands of sand, then runs down the side of the hands to kill two members of the Zen'in clan.
While also that being a good feat it would be inferior to Quanxi's, for example take her doing a 180 flip and intercepting Aki and Angel knocking them unconscious or intercepting Denji and his body gaurds while mid air and as I've listed above she can still do this to people whom are relative to her in speed, I doubt Maki will defeat her with the first attack but It will probably injure Quanxi but that's really about it

Not really stat-stomping considering that Quanxi is on par with a third rate Devil Hunter, meaning that there are still some people who would be relative or above her in terms of strength and speed, as I've theorized having inhuman strength in the CSM universe might be a cause of training as weve seen with Kishibe and Quanxi, being a Devil Hunter alone requires a large amount of skill and even with it Devil Hunters tend to die young, which is why Kishibe and Quanxi are a special case. For Kishibe being the strongest Devil Hunter isn't vague in the Skills department id disagree mainly for the fact that most Devil Hunters are Gifted for practically just being on the job, when It comes to Quanxi and Kishibe they are just geniuses above their colleges
Some people. That's why I clarified 99.99% of the globe. Majority of the verse wasn't at her level when she was introduced. And your points about strength are coming from purely speculative guesswork rather than concrete statements/showings. Which, while fine outside the wiki, isn't something that should be considered on a vs wiki match-up of all things. Nor are a lot of the people on the job shown to be super skilled. They either have a contract, are a hybrid (which makes them rather op by default), or use weapons. Which I guess for the last bit I can give them some credit for, but most don't have any skill feats with them besides just using them basically.
I wouldn't say not having enough feats is enough to really place the statements along with her other feats bellow Maki's skill level because she has more showings, Quanxi still does have martial arts feats but its just the fact she's superior to everyone whom she comes across makes it difficult to gauge feats of skill but I would still give skill to Quanxi so far
That is exactly how we judge skill though? Why would we put Quanxi on or above Maki's level because she hardly has any feats or statements compared to Maki? If we did that in every match, you can always just argue the person with far inferior showings and statements is equal to or superior in skill because they "Lack skill feats/statements". The logic doesn't check out with me.

Why give Quanxi the advantage of skill when Maki has better AND more feats and statements than Quanxi?
These are all pretty decent feats themselves, but id say id give Quanxi the edge again for similar feats;

She is the worlds first devil hunter, I want to bring this up again mainly because Devil Hunters go way back Quanxi could likely be hundreds of years old will sufficient skill and training (which I again theorize is the source of her strength) and overtime experience is skill.
Being the first doesn't even mean anything. The first Jujutsu Sorcerer and Curse aren't relevant at all to the series. Instead, most (not all) of the talented, most skilled, prodigious people are from the modern age. Because experience doesn't equate to skill. If that is the case, then you should be in favor of Maki for being able to take on ancient sorcerers like Sukuna who's easily over a thousand years old.
She is an assasin and known as the last humanity has to offer strongest humanity has to offer, showing her built of strength other time and supporting the likes her of immense skill
An assassin at least entails basic skill, so I'll give her that. But like, i can just say Maki is a Jujutsu Sorcerer and call it a day. I don't think Quanxi being one of the physically strongest people on earth means anything for skill. That is something you keep asserting as a self-admitted theory. Again, if you want to take that route, Maki can fight with Sukuna. An ancient sorcerer. With being the strongest sorcerer being a result of ones mastery/skill over Jujutsu and all its fundamentals as a whole. Thus Sukuna's experience and skill should trump Quanxi's, and Maki can keep up with that. I don't AGREE that's a good way to measure skill, but it IS what you're doing.
She is able to outskill Kishibe in combat as he is the strongest Devil Hunter and he is known to be superior to his colleagues. (Kishibe himself is also a genus in the matter when it comes to feats as he Organized the counter-attack against Makima and her expanding control over Japan, orchestrating a multi-stage plan that would have successfully banished her to Hell had Pochita not unexpectedly intervened and been sent to Hell in her place instead. It's especially notable that he managed to formulate this plan and execute it as Makima has the ability to borrow the senses of lower forms of life such as rats and birds, allowing her to effortlessly eavesdrop on anyone and anything of interest and have near-flawless abilities of reconnaissance and spying.) among other feats.
You see, her outskilling Kishibe is decent, but you're so hung up on strength that you ignore the actual skill stuff. I would've been more impressed if you showed Kishibe being able to take on Power and Denji in 2v1's for their training and coming out the victor every time. You did give me a feat of planning for Kishibe, granted it's not really a battle plan. But a plan to get rid of Makima, but that's something at least. I will say he's probably smarter than Maki in a general sense, but not nearly as battle-skilled as Maki either.
She is able to counter attack Yoshida whom is relative to her in speed and combat
Relative in speed at least (Granted I might need to look into that, as it seems after Quanxi stops blitzing the dolls she holds back, but I could just be forgetting). But in the scan you sent, he outright admits a singular direct hit would kill him. Quanxi is most definitely the more favored person in the fight. Not the underdog.
Although I do believe Maki is the better strategist and planner, Quanxi is more skilled in her work but not by a large margin compared to Maki
Well of course Quanxi is more skilled in her work. She's a Devil Hunter and Maki isn't. Why would Maki be the more skilled Devil Hunter?

Maki seems like the better strategist, and superior hand to hand combatant. I show you statements and feats of her martial arts and skills, in return I get statements of Quanxi being physically strong and old. If this was an argument of experience, I'd be in agreement with you. But we're talking skill. And those two are completely unrelated. Experience is just a small factor that plays into skill. Not a determining factor.

Not to mention the feats you listed, Maki has, but better. Counter-attacking Yoshida who she can one-shot with a direct attack? Maki can counter-attack and almost go without being hit a single time against opponents who can one-shot HER. Can disarm and defeat people who are comparable to her without being hit even once. Keep up against the strongest Sorcerer in history (Who makes Kishibe look like a joke. And Quanxi for that matter). Defeated, Read every move of, and countered the counter of a speedster faster than her (Naoya), etc.

Maki's feats and statements are simply better and far more direct than what Quanxi has. Quanxi is skilled and experienced no doubt. It's just not to Maki's extent.
While also that being a good feat it would be inferior to Quanxi's, for example take her doing a 180 flip and intercepting Aki and Angel knocking them unconscious or intercepting Denji and his body gaurds while mid air and as I've listed above she can still do this to people whom are relative to her in speed, I doubt Maki will defeat her with the first attack but It will probably injure Quanxi but that's really about it
I mean flips are kinda like the basics of acrobatics. Maki literally did the same thing in the FIRST skill feat I gave you before she became physically gifted, and even topped it by evading and countering Yuta's OWN counter and then disarming him. Someone comparable to her.

The second feat doesn't even sound like what you're describing. She just uppercuts Denji into the air with a kick, then takes out the other fodder after falling back onto the ground.

All it would really take to win is an injury. If Maki cuts her arms or legs off, landing a second lethal blow would be super easy since her movement would be hindered. But I don't see Maki failing to land her first strike. If they get close, I think it's wraps. Maki's skill is at worst, equal, at best easily superior (The one I'm currently in favor of) AND has "precog". Maki's going to know Quanxi is going to evade BEFORE Quanxi even goes to dodge, and will strike accordingly to finish her.

Are you agreeing Maki's more skilled or disagreeing?

1. Experience =/= Skill
3. Sukuna being able to handle Maki's senses is just a skill feat for Sukuna himself, not really an anti-feat Sukuna was also able to fight Yuta after gaining the ability to precog the future via Charles technique.

Maki is most definitely more skilled. Quanxi only takes experience.
I'm saying Quanxi is. I think I said this but Maki's "skill" comes from her senses, she isn't very skillful outside of them otherwise. She's not even considered first grade prior to gaining her enhanced body from Mai, she got out-skilled by her dad, whose skill feats is beating his daughters, and being first grade. After this what skill has she shown without her senses helping? And its not a feat for Sukuna, her senses just don't aid her in close combat is all.

I would've expected a wider variety of acrobatics. This is just wall-running.
Compared to Maki its better. Quanxi can wall run and hit numerous targets all spread out, Maki has never done this, and didn't when she was in a similar situation against the kukuru unit. Just looking at the feats Quanxi's are more impressive than Maki's acrobats which let her jump on air and looking at the feats it doesn't make Maki some acrobatic expert when she's up against people of comparable speed or above in skill like Sukuna which is what Quanxi would be.

Having "precog" =/= being able to avoid all attacks automatically. If you face someone with the skill to fight through precog like Sukuna, it's not gonna matter (He was also fighting Yuji at the same time who was verbatim stated to have a better fighting sense than even Maki and has good skill feats himself).

Haven't read up to the Uraume fight, but fair I guess.

Sukuna speed-blitzing her isn't an anti-feat either. He just amped himself beyond her senses when in base he's already shown to keep up with precog and other similarly skilled people to her. When faced with someone not nearly as skilled (Naoya), she ended up stomping them because of her senses despite having a speed blitz level advantage over her.
I'm not saying that, the point of those examples is to show speed cancels her senses out is all. And the Uraume feat shows this pretty well, she has godly senses yet couldn't dodge Uraume's attack.

I also think Quanxi getting a speed amp when transformed should either be reworded, or removed. Because I don't think someone stating her to be invisible who would've also got speed-blitzed by Base Quanxi indicates much of an amp. But regardless, I don't think Quanxi's shown skill on the level of people who have tagged Maki after unlocking her senses to where she could reliably tag her. Granted I do think tagging her would be possible. Just not as easy as people are making it out to be when Maki can evade and cut the arrows in half. And I think if Crossbow Quanxi gets in close, she's going to end up cut into pieces.
Sukuna, in a physically weaker body, was fighting her, Yuji was keeping up with her, Kusakabe, Miguel, Yuta all can fight Sukuna and do decent against him just like she can. And this isn't just about skill, it's about speed, Quanxi's got the speed and skill to evade and hit Maki far more likely than Maki will.

I'd have to catch up to know. That's why I said in regards to acrobatics, someone else will have to argue that in my place. Since I'm pretty sure most of her acrobatics are beyond where I'm currently at.
Yeah if you're at the part where she fights cursed Naoya, then that's really where her acrobatics end I'd say. Recently she and Sukuna show the ability to jump on air which we always knew they could do.

Being the first doesn't even mean anything. The first Jujutsu Sorcerer and Curse aren't relevant at all to the series. Instead, most (not all) of the talented, most skilled, prodigious people are from the modern age. Because experience doesn't equate to skill. If that is the case, then you should be in favor of Maki for being able to take on ancient sorcerers like Sukuna who's easily over a thousand years old.
Small misconception, but Sukuna wasn't active for the thousand years, he existed a thousand years ago and since then has been a cursed object for a thousand years. And it does mean something for Quanxi when coupled with the fact Kishibe, the strongest hunter admits to being inferior to her. Someone like Kenjaku I'd say would benefit from his experience like Quanxi for a comparison. And lets not act like the "first X" isn't a major trope in fiction usually denoting one's skill in the field. Also we have no idea who the first sorcerer and curse were, for all we know they could've been the best.

I'm saying Quanxi is. I think I said this but Maki's "skill" comes from her senses, she isn't very skillful outside of them otherwise. She's not even considered first grade prior to gaining her enhanced body from Mai, she got out-skilled by her dad, whose skill feats is beating his daughters, and being first grade. After this what skill has she shown without her senses helping? And its not a feat for Sukuna, her senses just don't aid her in close combat is all.
Are you serious..?

She wasn't Grade 1 because the Zen'in clan was trying their best to keep her from rising up in the ranks. That's like a huge plot point... Other Grade 1's verbatim state she should be Grade 2. WIth Mai even stating she'd no-diff Grade 2 Curses. With Miwa even claiming Mai was stupid because she believed Maki to be weak.
AP2Jwjx.png
D7G3jeb.png
qv2JN6z.png
HmfYz1g.png
ImxcArS.png

Her dad won through tricking her and using his Cursed Technique which she wasn't aware of. I'm sorry that her father is skilled enough to defeat her with tricks up his sleeve? Not an anti-feat tho. Being skilled =/= you can beat anyone, or that losing becomes impossible.

And it very much IS a feat for Sukuna. I don't know what kind of super cracked analytical prediction that lets Maki evade any attack regardless of AoE and skill you expect her to have, but all she has is a decent/solid analytical prediction sense that can be bypassed through large AoE or skill (The fact he was 2v1'ing her and Yuji who is also skilled should doubly show how skilled he is).

And what do you mean what other skill feats does she have? I literally had an ENTIRE post dedicated to that. Did you just not read it or what? It has links and everything 😭

I deadass feel like you're trolling me with this. Either that or have some hidden bias. Because you just completely skimmed over stuff in my post and ignored plot-points to come to a conclusion that Maki is a basic brawler or something.
Compared to Maki its better. Quanxi can wall run and hit numerous targets all spread out, Maki has never done this, and didn't when she was in a similar situation against the kukuru unit. Just looking at the feats Quanxi's are more impressive than Maki's acrobats which let her jump on air and looking at the feats it doesn't make Maki some acrobatic expert when she's up against people of comparable speed or above in skill like Sukuna which is what Quanxi would be.
Maki used the Kukuru unit themselves as surfaces to take out others and move between killing them. She also ran down the side of the sand hand in my scan from my earlier post and fought and killed two people while on it. Her being able to jump on air as you said only aids her acrobatics.
I'm not saying that, the point of those examples is to show speed cancels her senses out is all. And the Uraume feat shows this pretty well, she has godly senses yet couldn't dodge Uraume's attack.
Where are you getting "godly senses" from. And if you think it's so godly, why are you saying it barely aids in close-combat against opponents relative to her. If it was "godly", I don't think that'd be much of an issue.
Sukuna, in a physically weaker body, was fighting her, Yuji was keeping up with her, Kusakabe, Miguel, Yuta all can fight Sukuna and do decent against him just like she can. And this isn't just about skill, it's about speed, Quanxi's got the speed and skill to evade and hit Maki far more likely than Maki will.
And your evidence for Quanxi's skill is all chalked up to her being old. I'm sorry, but that doesn't really mean shit. Not without feats or additional statements. She could be a million years old for all I care and still job. And Sukuna being extra-skilled isn't a demerit of Maki's own skill. Not sure why you're trying to either dismiss Maki as a skilled fighter with this.
Yeah if you're at the part where she fights cursed Naoya, then that's really where her acrobatics end I'd say. Recently she and Sukuna show the ability to jump on air which we always knew they could do.
Once I've read that fight, I will have to come back and comment more.
Small misconception, but Sukuna wasn't active for the thousand years, he existed a thousand years ago and since then has been a cursed object for a thousand years. And it does mean something for Quanxi when coupled with the fact Kishibe, the strongest hunter admits to being inferior to her. Someone like Kenjaku I'd say would benefit from his experience like Quanxi for a comparison. And lets not act like the "first X" isn't a major trope in fiction usually denoting one's skill in the field. Also we have no idea who the first sorcerer and curse were, for all we know they could've been the best.
Well obviously. He was split into 20 fingers for a long time. That's mentioned at the very beginning of the series.

And now I really feel like you're trolling... Kishibe being the "strongest" is vague. Stop using statements of strength as meaning anything unless you're also going to mention their skill to. So far I've introduced more skill feats in favor of Kishibe than you have. Nor does "being the first" indicate skill by default. Hell, I wouldn't even say it's a common trope to indicate skill. It happens, sure, but usually it's to indicate experience or to acknowledge they have knowledge of past information that is fundamental to a magic system or something of those sorts.

And if the "first sorcerer and curse" were the best... they would've been mentioned. Sukuna wouldn't be the strongest sorcerer in history if the first people were superior to him.

Back