• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maki Harukawa vs Violet Evergarden: The Ellectric Boogalo

Zencha is correct in his assessment on Maki, in Danganronpa "Ultimates" stand above all others in the world being the pinnacle of skill and ability in whatever Ultimate talent they specialize in.

Maki being the ultimate assassin would outskill other people in Danganronpa V3 like Ryoma Hoshi the ultimate tennis player who could solo an entire mafia with just a Iron tennis ball and racket.
Ultimates in Danganronpa whose particular talent has to do with some form if combat usual stand above the rest when it comes to skill like Mukuro Ikusaba the ultimate soldier who's fought in several wars and battles having never been scathed even once while fighting.

The biggest detractor on Maki's part comes in the fact that she's in Danganronpa V3 to begin with since it's isolated from the other entries in the series so any combat skill feats from V3 that come from the other ultimates in the game she'd scale above however she wouldn't scale to the other series entries so someone like Mukuro who is a prime example of the Ultimates superhuman skill in combat and has plenty of statements and feats wouldn't be of any use in comparison directly to Maki due to that fact.

Probably not unless it's believed by those above that Violet is more skilled than someone who could solo a mafia with just a steel tennis ball and racket🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
We'd need to know the size of the mafia and how well trained they were, cause just "mafia" doesn't give me much.

We'd need to know the size of the mafia and how well trained they were, cause just "mafia" doesn't give me much.
This is a summary of basically all the details of how it went if that helps ig:

One day, Ryoma was invited to play in an underground tournament hosted by a mafia organization. He tried to ignore the invitations he received at first, but since they just kept coming, he eventually accepted it. Once he arrived however, he found out that he was fooled and was actually playing in fixed matches that rich people were gambling on. At first, he played along with the mafia's plan until he decided to crush his last enemy whom he was supposed to lose to. Having destroyed the mafia's reputation, they massacred Ryoma's family. He managed to get his girlfriend to safety elsewhere at first, but her hiding place was located and they eventually killed her as well, leaving only Ryoma who barely escaped the massacre.

In an act of revenge, he killed the organization's members by hitting them in the head with his custom-made steel tennis ball. The entire organization was annihilated and as a result

So I suppose the Mafia should be somewhat decently sized and have some resources if they're able to do full hits on his loved ones and control an underground ring of rigged tennis matches.

So Maki actually having a combat talent would far outskill him but other than that I suppose anything for hee would come from what we're told about her assassin upbringing

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just trying to find out what we're dealing with in skill and as such help future debates involving ultimates

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just trying to find out what we're dealing with in skill and as such help future debates involving ultimates
Well it's different between Ultimates in V3 vs the rest of the series there's a much better chain in the rest but we don't have any statements for what Mafia it was nor do we have exact years of events

All right, is there a known time frame? Cause otherwise we be dealing with a guy who killed over 3,000 people in an unknown period of time and as such can't really deduce much from it, cause he could've done it 1 by 1 in the shadows over time or literally waaagh'd into their headquarters and slaughtered them all in a day.

All right, is there a known time frame? Cause otherwise we be dealing with a guy who killed over 3,000 people in an unknown period of time and as such can't really deduce much from it, cause he could've done it 1 by 1 in the shadows over time or literally waaagh'd into their headquarters and slaughtered them all in a day.
Now that I cannot answer I'd need to go to through the game and look over his dialogues, interactions, etc. to see but it's not something at least by how it's told that took say years or months for him to do. He was pretty famous after all and pulled it off before the police could apprehend him

I do remember ryoma saying one faitful day or something describing the event in his FTE so at the very least it should be under a day

I do remember ryoma saying one faitful day or something describing the event in his FTE so at the very least it should be under a day
Then we have some ****** stamina upgrades to do, maybe speed too, cause a subsonic guy beating over 3,000 people spread across at the very least a decently sized town in at most 12 hours I doesn't sound possible.

Then we have some ****** stamina upgrades to do, maybe speed too, cause a subsonic guy beating over 3,000 people spread across at the very least a decently sized town in at most 12 hours I doesn't sound possible.
While they don't scale to them it doesn't sound impossible since even the mainline games have characters who are >>> "at least supersonic+ "

Maki skill stomps groups of mafia members and Violet skill stomps entire squads of soldiers casually. I'd say the ladder is more impressive just because of where soldiers stand.

Alright Dale, so who's gonna win here?
Going by this
If we consider Ryoma takes out the entire Mafia in a day or less(which is somewhat likely considering he was able to do this before police apprehension and also had the entire Mafia after him due to his betrayal) using nothing but a steel ball and a tennis racket and the fact that Maki scales completely above him it could actually be pretty close. Also
Maki skill stomps groups of mafia members

Maki is stronger than, outskills, and is comparable in speed to Ryoma who is the guy who skill stomps the Mafia (with a steel tennis ball). I do think both have around the same room of skill to work with and that it'd come down to some other factor than that though it still is more valid that Violet is stomping soldiers in the middle of a raging warzone while having to evade fire

I think Maki wins here then, she has like a 2.5x AP advantage, pretty sure that's enough to take this

They both also have about the same equipment but imo Violet's pain tolerance is better since she endured having her arms blown off and could still operate and not give into the pain. Maki was taught to resist torture and makes note that she was tortured back to back in her training and was never broken once but actually found herself in it which is impressive but I think losing both arms is more impressive however don't think pain tolerance will be the deciding factor for either and so I vote Maki

Well i can argue that Violet can close the AP advantage Maki had with her skill and pain tolerance

Regardless, what Dale and Reaper said was more convincing so i'm gonna take the votes from you guys

And now i can rest in peace since this match can be settled with an actual arguments

I mean, Maki doesn't have a big ass axe that takes class 5 LS to wield, safe to say if Violet gets any grabs they are apsolutely not being broken.

Well i can argue that Violet can close the AP advantage Maki had with her skill and pain tolerance

Regardless, what Dale and Reaper said was more convincing so i'm gonna take the votes from you guys

And now i can rest in peace since this match can be settled with an actual arguments
lol glad I could give input but also Vel when doing Danganronpa matches it's important to consider Ultimate isn't simply just a title in the series it's very literal and the Ultimate are absolutely the peak of humanity in their respective fields even for something like Ultimate Luck which would seem more like chance or supernatural but is actually very real in Danganronpa for anyone who possesses said talent

(This is a complication of a character who possesses ultimate luck for reference for how far ultimate talents go )

I mean, Maki doesn't have a big ass axe that takes class 5 LS to wield, safe to say if Violet gets any grabs they are apsolutely not being broken.
This is also very true actually thinking on it she could probably snap Maki's katana no?

I'm going to gts but before that explain this to me Maki has a 2.5x ap advantage and Violet has the LS advantage if Maki went to destroy Violets prosthetic arms would the LS completely negate the AP advantage if she goes to catch the blow or would her arms take damage?

I'm going to gts but before that explain this to me Maki has a 2.5x ap advantage and Violet has the LS advantage if Maki went to destroy Violets prosthetic arms would the LS completely negate the AP advantage if she goes to catch the blow or would her arms take damage?
If Maki hits a joint I think the arms are gone, but it would depend on how Violet catches the blow, she would avoid head on catching it if she's been hit even once before, cause she already knows Maki has an AP advantage, so catching it by the wrist, or really anything that isn't head on is on the table. If she does it head on yes it may damage her hand.

Back