• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Make SCP Great Again: Call to Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dargoo Faust said:
>makes a thread about researching SCP so that it isn't an incoherent mess
>people start calling it an incoherent mess before we even do research

Confused
Well, it's not that it is an incoherent mess in and of itself (as in 'what is written') but the whole situation around it make it impossible to actualy make stuff like a timeline, you basicaly need to look at everything as if they were in a vaccum or pick and choose (which is actualy encourage by the SCP contributors themself)

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
So it started on 4chan? doesn't that just make it a really popular fan fiction then?
No, because those are original ideas and stories and it being from 4chan isn't really different than being from the SCP forum.

Unless you mean the SCP forum is a fanfic of the stuff from 4chan, in which case i can see your point but since it's a collaborative writing thing from the start, it always kinda included everyone.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
People STILL using "fanfiction" to refer to something that is original and not actually a fanfiction of something.
Ehh I don't know anything about this verse, from what I can see it's just a bunch of original stories written by visitors and published on the scp wiki.

Is something like this allowed here on vs wiki?, I was under the impression only officially published fiction/non fiction was allowed here.

"Officially published" is vague as hell though, and the most common interpretation of the term would disallow a lot of popular verses from independent creators.

Anyway this thread is not even close about being about this topic.

WeeklyBattles said:
Not true actually, if you actually look at it the timeline is very simple and clear
Actually looking at it like a 'timeline' would be very counterproductive to trying to make a cosmology based on an infinite multiverse with layered narratives.

Heck, the act of making a timeline is an SCP that hakais the whole narrative.

Weekly, is there any big issues preventing you from using discord? If so, is there a better texting app I can reach you with?

Given that this thread has turned south, with trolling and derailment from TheFictionExpert, disordered and unconstructive off-topic conversations, and hurt feelings in the case of Weekly, perhaps it would be best to remove the highlight, close this thread, and let Dargoo and the others discuss the issue with Weekly in private instead?

Antvasima said:
Given that this thread has turned south, with trolling and derailment from TheFictionExpert, disordered and unconstructive off-topic conversations, and hurt feelings in the case of Weekly, perhaps it would be best to remove the highlight, close this thread, and let Dargoo and the others discuss the issue with Weekly in private instead?
Agreed.

I was hoping more people would be interested in helping fix a mess instead of laughing at one and mocking the verse as a whole, but I'll work with what I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back