• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Make Borderlands Great Again! (Massive Borderlands Revision)

Borderlands is one of my favorite series. It's a shame to see such empty and incomplete profiles and verse pages, it means it's a struggle and difficult to really use them in a versus thread.

For the uninformed, Borderlands is a sci-fi shooter with RPG elements. You pick a character, gather randomly generated weapons (with dozens of different weapon types, manufacturers, attatchments, rarity, etc.) and level up your character to access their special abilities. It's an awesome concept and it's a really good game.

My current goal and project is to make all of the current profiles fleshed out, as well as flesh out the verse page.

Lets start by going over general weaponry:

In general, the weaponry and firepower in Borderlands is pretty ******* strong. They are futuristic death weapons in the far future, capable of harming and killing higher dimensional beings such as The Destroyer . The Destroyer's eye was stated by Handsome Jack to be capable of destroying Elpis, the moon of Pandora if were to be used in the wrong hands . When properly controlled, it could wipe out entire settlements, and while settlement is really vague, usually settlements you visit in Borderlands such as Sanctuary are as large as a small city. The Destroyer would definitely qualify for at least 6-A or continent level, though likely higher if we can find the actual size of Elpis and Pandora. The reason it would not be 5-C or moon level is because it would have taken multiple shots, and she needs to reach the core of the planet.

(When they force-feed the eye of The Destroyer, it causes a mini-black hole to be created for a few seconds. The computer systems further verify this by refering it to a singularity, and mentioning it creates space-time instabilities. This should hopefully make prove and further cement it's at least 6-A rating in terms of raw power.)

We also know their weaponry is far stronger in power then the vault hunters and other characters are. Without a shield, characters such as Handsome Jack (who's doppelganger is a vault hunter) and are one-shot by said weaponry This means that their tier should NOT correlate with their attack potency, and should have a seperate key. Probably something like 8-A / 7-A with sufficient weaponry. (Those are just random tiers I've thrown around.)

We know their energy shields can absorb a shit ton of bullets, so of course their durability would be higher when their shields are active. In general, they themselves are weak in comparison to their weaponry and shields. I'd also recommend we just take their late game incarnation, perhaps we could add their early game in the future, though they really just seem like athletic maybe peak humans with average 9-B weaponry, so not really significant.

Since all equipment is randomly generated, I suggest we base their shield capacity and weaponry based on the average late-game weapony damage and shield capacity. That should form a good base-line.

Now how strong is there weaponry?

It really varies, but average late game weaponry is enough to take out a potentially 6-A Destroyer in only a couple of minutes. (In the video the person equal level to The Destroyer kills them with white rarity weapons, the weakest possible variant in the game.) You can of course accelerate this with stronger weaponry. Taking into account their weaponry regularly one-shots seemingly armored peak-humans with a single shot to the chest , while also taking this calculation into account (loaders that are able to survive orbital drops unharmed with ease but are later taken out by their weaponry) I am inclined to say their weaponry and shields are within the High 7-C range. Loaders who can absorb 7-C forces that are easily dispatched by the vault hunters lead me to believe their weaponry must be at least close to x10 the force (which is close to the one-shot range, which you are casually able to do when you fight most of them)

It does take numerous bullets to destroy The Destroyer, and it's supposed to be a 4 person mission. Four high 7-C fighters shooting and managing to kill a 6-A with countless amounts of bullets seem to make sense to me.

All of their weapons can posess elemental properties , so they'd get the associated manipulation tied to that as well.

So all vault hunters should have High 7-C weaponry and durability via their shield.

Time to get into characters. Let's start with Lilith:

Her powers and abilities are okay, but they should be cleaned up a little, as does her summary.

Her attack potency is wrong, it scales her to Low 7-B on the basis that she has teleported an entire city. It does not acknowledge the fact that she needed to be supercharged when she performed this feat , and that it's not a creation or destruction feat at all, it's a demonstration of her hax. It is not a valid justification for her attack potency. She kills the loaders with her hax or her weaponry, so she herself shouldn't scale in potency to them either.

Her elemental damage associated with her phasewalk is able to damage enemies comparable to loaders, so she should scale to them making her High 7-C with her various siren abilities. She herself would only be around athletic human tier, judging by body proportions and her general capability to participate in firefights for extended amounts of time.

Her speed is okay. I think she has faster reactions but I'll have to find a feat for it. Same goes for her lifting and striking, but although her melee is one of the weakest in the game, it seems to still do significant though very weak damage to enemies, so it should be somewhat comparable to her attack potency, seeing as how she does use her siren abilities when punching .

Her range is kind of iffy, she never kills anyone from several kilometers away. I guess she can teleport that distance. I'll find a feat for her intelligence too, she's basically the second in command when it comes to formulating a plan to take down Handsome Jack, so she shouldn't be dumb.

Her cooldown on her Phasewalk is fine, though I should note there is equipment to shorten this, but I think it's reasonable to assume that she may not have it on hand.

Overall, needs some cleaning up and adjustments.

Next character, Brick

Brick is the strongest vault hunter. He's the only one I have no problem immediately giving High 7-C attack potency and durability with. He's able to straight up punch the stronger variants of Loaders to death

His speed is also accurate judging by his physical proportions but I may find a feat for him later. His lifting strength should be around peak human too, I'll look for a feat. Durability scales to his attack potency as well. He should have statistics amplification on the basis that when he enters the Berseker rage he gains increased durability and Regenerationn .

Next character, Roland

Roland is the only character with visible amounts of body-armor, so they should make his durability around 9-B, able to resist wall level attacks, comparable to a bullet-proof vest.

He's also physically comparable to Brick, so I'd also make him peak human all around in general. His turret just scales his other weaponry.

EDIT: On second thought, Roland has actually tackled a loader so hard that it broke. Considering they can tank 7-C forces, this must imply it was at least a 7-C attack. I'd likely consider it an outlier though, and chalk it up to a freak accident that caused the loader to power down when it struck the floor. It still demonstrates peak human lifting strength though.

I'll make a part two on the other characters later, but I want to see what everyone thinks about this for now.

This needs much more attention. There was a Borderlands revision in the far past but it's calcs were lost and forgotten to time, these revisions bring much needed life into the verse.

At least 6-A seems fine.

I think that you mean that their attack potencies should be separate from their striking strengths and durabilities, as tier and attack potency are always the same.

The 8-A/7-A and High 7-C statistics seem like guesswork to me, and as such should preferably be avoided.

I suppose that you have a point about that teleporting a city after being powered up a lot may be hard to quantify hax, but I am not certain.

I guess we could create a profile for The Destroyer later, but since he's an endgame monster I figured we might as well calculate his tier to have something to scale the vault hunters from. I'm really just using it as a guideline more than anything.

To clarify, I think attack potencies and tiers using weapons should be SEPERATE from their normal attack potencies and durabilites. There has been no evidence to suggest they are as strong as the weapons of mass destruction they are using, and characters are regularly one-shot when they have no shield to save them.

I already clarified the 8-A/7-A was indeed guess work. I used it to illustrate the format. To clarify, it would actually be:

Tier: Low 7-B

to

Tier: 10-A / High 7-C with equipment

Why do I think on average they are 10-A? I mostly base that rating on physicality, and the fact that they do not seem to tire when they are actively running, shooting and jumping within multiple firefights... so they must have a body capable of doing so. The reason they should not be Low 7-B is because there is no basis for actually being said tier when they themselves aren't doing anything other than pulling a trigger. (Exceptions would be Brick, he is the only class where he IS the weapon, so he would scale from being able to do damage comparable to his equipment and weaponry. Lilith too, but only with her siren hax.)

Why do I think their equipment on average must be High 7-C? Because of this calculatio, suggesting that the loader robots are able to survive 7-C orbital drops that deal do damage to themselves whatsoever. The vault hunters are able to not only harm them but should be easily able to take them out in a couple shots. (Here is a video demonstrating an equal level vault hunter destroying an equal level loader in a couple shots .) This must mean the vault hunter is within one-shot range on the loader, which is around x10 attack potency. Multiplying the calculation by roughly x7 puts the vault hunters at the High 7-C range.

It's not guess work, it's power-scaling more than anything.

Okay. Thank you for the clarification. I think that seems reasonable, although you have to link to the calculation within the relevant profiles.

Well, usually we need more members, but in lack of better options, I suppose that you can apply the changes that I accepted earlier.

I will then do the revisions on the discussed upon characters, and tell you when I'm done.

After that I'll propose more for the next characters.

I am in agreement with everything save for the 10-A rating for the characters physically for a few reasons. Two of them most importantly are because we have two examples of Vault Hunters fighting Sirens who's magical ability/weapons are well above tier ten

1) Borderlands 1 and TFTBL, Defeating the Raak Hive (And Raak Trap Hive) a total of three times

2) Borderlands 1: Vault Hunters Tanking Hits from and defeating Commandant Steele-Trap, a Siren

3) Borderlands 2: Vault Hunters tanking hits from and defeating weakened Wilhelm who while poisoned was still yeeting train cars around (Pre-Sequel characters should scale to him)

4) Borderlands 2: Vault Hunters taking hits from and defeating Slagged Bloodwing who in bass is seen and stated to be able to kill psychos

5) All Borderlands vault hunters physically should already scale to Loaderbots who were already scaled to be in Tier 7

6) Borderlands 3: Vault Hunters should took hits from and defeated Destroyer fused Tyreen so that's a feat WAY about tier 10

7) Pre-Sequel: Vault Hunters took hits from and defeated Colonel t. Zarbadon's mech suit. The same mech shoot that 2 shorted a couple of small space craft at the beginning of the game. Not to mention the final Zarbadon mech suit and finally Zarbadon herself who's stronger than the suit.

8) Borderlands 1: Vault Hunters able to punch out and destroy Claptrap units, the same robots who should scale to everyone in Pre-Sequel (cough Wilhelm and Zarbadon)

Notable Mention: You can beat every game by pretty much punching every enemy to death. Including the Rampager from Bl3, The Sentinal from Pre-Sequel, [insert all random fauna on Pandora],etc etc means Vault Hunters should scale to it few bosses are actually required to be killed with guns at all.

This is a very old thread. I doubt that anybody will remember what it was about at this point.

Were the accepted changes ever applied?

Since this one was finished and accepted, but never applied, I suppose that we can continue here.

You should ask of the members listed in the Borderlands verse page to help out here via their message walls.

Back