• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MAJOR XANA downgrades

As a fan who knows practically everything of this series, I'm viewing XANA's page, and honestly, it's wrong. Like, REALLY WRONG. Here's why.

"Mind Manipulation"

No, he only has possession. I know those are similar but they aren't the same. He can't wave his hand at you and tell you to do his bidding. He is controlling you by possessing your body.

"Life Creation"

No, he can only create polymorphic duplicates of those he possesses or possess living things even including cells and bacteria. He can't create life unless one is refering to XANA's monsters.

"Memory Manipulation"

Not quite right. He can go back in time without anyone who hasn't been to a virtual world knowing about the events but that's a bit different.

"Reality Warping"

I'm sorry but this is wank. XANA can't choose what events happen in the return to the past. He can change the events that happen with different actions or taking different approaches but that isn't reality warping.

"Invisibility"

Never shown or seen. This has to go.

"Pocket Reality Manipulation"

No. XANA's worlds are still connected to the real one via a supercomputer and were never shown to be another plane or dimension. They're just him reconfigurating Lyoko to his plan. It's still the same world. He may be isolating it as Aelita points it's between Lyoko and the Real World just means it's a new section or world of Lyoko. The sectors of Lyoko aren't connected conventionally and are impossible to raech via normal methods of walking or even flying, only reachable via essentially diving through a portal or the transporter ball thing, which might as well be a teleporter. Point is that XANA has only created seperate worlds in Lyoko based on the sectors, much smaller even. Aelita likely could've entered XANA's pocket dimension in "Ghost Channel" but instead just opted to destroy it, which gave the Lyoko Warriors their weapons and by extension the means to fight back.

"Tier: 2-C"

Just. *******. No. XANA has never created alternate space-time, period. Lyoko and the Real World exist in the same space-time continuum. No matter how many realms he used other computers XANA used for he won't even reach High 3-A, let alone 2-C

"Universal"

Extremely unlikely. Just going off statements is absurd. Lyoko has consistently been shown as more planetary in size and nothing shows otherwise other than a few statements. Plus XANA's earthquakes would be 3-B if that were the case since they can damage Lyoko's Sectors and would've blown up Earth on the spot via sheer magnitude when he caused on them, should he have been 3-B. He is 3-C at best if we blindly assume the Lyoko looks spiral shaped. See how ridiculous that sounds? The Virtual world has never been shown as a seperate universe aside from statements and completely resembles an earth-sized world than a universal realm. Also take this in to context. Do a bunch of kids really care about the difference or similarity between "world" and "universe"? I doubt it given the situation.

"Can control inanimate objects"

Redundant since he has possession. Just say he can possess living and nonliving things. Moving on.

"Existential Erasure"

Not a thing. As a fan of this show who has seen every episode multiple times I can say with absolutely certainty that XANA's never erased anyone from existence. If you are refering to Franz Hopper dissappearing Jean Pierre actually noted his dissappearance in one episode when shown a photograph of Aelita and Waldo/Franz.

"Can Give Powers to Others"

This isn't wrong but it should be noted that it's only via possession.

"Multi-Universe Level (Gave William power to destroy Lyoko which is refered to constantly as a unvierse, created hundreds of different Virtual universes via Replikas)"

No, it's only been refered to as a universe in like, 2 episodes. It's contantly refered to as a world which is defined as planet, or Earth.

"Intelligence: Most dangerous AI in the series"

That's probably because he's the ONLY AI in the series. The rest is true but that's kinda redundant.

"Can possibly be killed if the Supercomputer is shut off. Debatable if it Applies to XANA anymore"

It isn't debatable. It's specifically stated that XANA was free from that weakness at the end of Season 2, as was Aelita.

"Durability: Unknown"

IMO his durability should be 5-B IRL and 3-A in the Virtual Universe. He'd die if the worlds were destroyed or at least be subdued, and IRL would be killed since he has no computers to feed off of.

"Limitless Stamina"

He has limited computing power. Otherwise he wouldn't need to activate towers nor would he only spawn like 2-5 monsters. He'd activate as many as possibly since he has limitless stamina. He has high stamina sure, but it isn't limitless by any stretch.

World = Universe in many cases, you know, even in English.

Promestein said:
World = Universe in many cases, you know, even in English.
That doesn't change that it's never been shown as such in any episode (IE, showing stars or celestial bodies). And world is a broad term regardless.

Actually some of this can be explained.

He has life Creation for not only creating his monsters, but he has also created ghosts and even a monster made out of electricty in XANA Awakens part 2.

Mind Manipulation he also has. In one episode he was able to take control of Aelita without actually possessing her. See "Saint Valentine's day" for more.

Memory Manipulation...he should have. He is capable of taking away and imputing memories into Aelita. There was a whole episode of this. That was the reason she was linked to him in the first place.

Reality Warping...yes he has that. XANA has picked and choosed events when Return to the Past was in set. He trapped Ulrich, Odd and Yumi in one of his pocket worlds when they should have been returned back to earth and has also prevented Aelita from leaving Lyoko despite her originally being on Earth pre Return to the Past. See Ghost Channel and A Great Day for evidence.

Invisibility, yes it has definitely. He made the Desert Sector and Mountain Sector invisible in 2 episodes and he made Aelita invisible by giving Jeremy a fake Anti Virus to imput into her. So yes he has it.

Pocket Reality Manipulation, yes he has it. They werent based on Lyoko's sectors they were based on the real world to fool Ulrich, Odd and Yumi into thinking it was reality.

Tier 2C, cant say anything as someone else put that on his profile

Universal, we talked about that. Lyoko was stated to be a universe in more than "2 episodes" by people who know what they are talking about and we agreed its likely a universe at least. Most people here treat World and Universe as the same in that context anyways. Also rewatch episode 70 for more info as Jeremy explains Lyoko being in a huge "bubble".

Existence Erasure, he has that. In some episodes XANA can mess with the Devirtualization Programs so that if any of the warriors lose all their life points they get devirtualized for good. Plus he can manipulate the Digital Sea like he did in one episode to flood all of lyoko, causing everything in Lyoko to be submurged and erased (except for lyoko itself).

Durability I dont think is true since he doesnt have a true form so he cant, and isnt required, to tank anything.

Limitless Stamina, no he needs to activate towers in order to connect to the real world. His stamina really doenst have anything to do with that.

Anything other than this I can't explain about because others imputed them in, not me.

Also, im not sure if this means anything, but while rewatching an episode, I remembered something Jeremy said to Aelita after he discovered Lyoko:

"I also found out what the towers are for. They're portals between the real world and the virtual world. And when they're red, it means their activated. And it may be a way for me to materialize you on earth. Cool right?"

If this is true then should this mean both the Real World and the Virtual World are separate, thus connected through the towers only?

He doesn't create ghosts, those are extensions of himself.

Aelita was possessed via the locket, it was just more suttle. So yes it's possession.

Fair enough. The Scyphozoa is a thing that does that, I'm just saying XANA can't do it on a whim, it should be noted that he can only do so via the scyphozoa.

No, he trapped them beforehand and used his power to keep them out of the return to the past. That isn't reality warping so much as overriding the SComputer to a degree.

He can make others invisible, not himself.

It was based off of the sectors in code, just reconfigured as realistic looking.

That doesn't make it a seperate space-time still.

No, he doesn't. They aren't erased from existence since some people still know who they were, regardless of their fate.

Fine, whatever.

That still doesn't change limitless stamina being false since he can't attack 24/7

Actually no, when someone is possessed by XANA they have his mark in his eyes. We literally see it in everyone who is possessed by XANA, even on Lyoko. When XANA possessed Aelita in S3 we've seen the sign of XANA in her eyes. That tells us that XANA possesed them. However in this case, he didnt really possess her. Aelita looked the same as she always have and she didnt act like she was possessed. She didnt even have the mark of XANA in her eyes. In addition, if she was possessed, then she wouldnt have recognized Yumi and the others as shed would have been just a mindless slave for XANA. So that at best is just mind control.

Fair enough on the ghosts but as for the electricity monster, that was a monster he created.

True. Well actually there is one case he didnt need the Scypozoa. He was able to take her human memory while Jeremy first launched the Materialization program for Aelita. Aelita noted it in the following episode as if Xana was "holding her back". They thought he injected a virus into her but instead he took her memoeries of her life on earth that linked her to him. But other than this yea he needs the Scypozoa. Though since its really just a creation of Xana's hed have the power regardless.

He didnt trap them before hand. They were on lyoko as normal and then when Jeremy launched the return to the past, only he was shown to return. It was in the classroom scene. Only Jeremy was there but not Ulrich and Odd. Yumi was gone too. So it happened during the jump. But my fault if i mistook it to be reality warping as I didnt know what to classify it as.

Well since he doesnt have a form I guess having invisibility would be pointless. Would it apply to his creations then?

Wait what? When was that stated? And if that was the case then why couldnt Ulrich, Odd and Yumi use their Lyoko powers and instead were limited to the physics and laws that real life has?

I never said it would. I guess someone on here feels differently then you do since they put it for XANA.

When has it been a requirement for someone to be no longer be known in order for it to count as Existence erasure? And since this happens on Lyoko, I doubt people in the real world would lose their memories of the people who get erased in the digital sea. We'd likely ignore that due to verse equalization

Im not sure on that one. I might be speculating a bit but iirc, its been stated in series that XANA doesnt usually do the same attack that the lyoko warriors stopped twice unless he edits his strategy. In other words, XANA isnt oblvious to do something more than once when it has failed. Maybe thats why he doesnt attack 24/7. If not, then i'll conceed on this point. Would he have near limitless stamina then?

Well even if he does you'll have to ask the mods for permission because his profile has been locked from editing and even so you might likely have to get the mods to agree with your threads proposal

@Anime4Life

Creating hundreds of different virtual universes in hundreds of different and separate supercomputers certainly qualifies as 2-C if the supercomputers operate as different space-times. I haven't watched the show in years, but it sounds like a 2-C feat to me, which is why I made the change.

Otherwise your points seem solid.

They don't since they're still connected to the world in real time... unless you wanna argue me creating a world in Gary's Mod is a 2-C Feat.

@Bruce

You have a point, but I'd like to ask AnimeLife if he has any proof that the Lyoko supercomputers operate separate from real-world time.

If they are concurrent to Real World space-time, then it would still qualify as High 3-A for its feats.

Reppuzan said:
@Bruce
You have a point, but I'd like to ask AnimeLife if he has any proof that the Lyoko supercomputers operate separate from real-world time.
Forgive me Reppuzan but im sort of confused by your request

Allow me to rephrase it in shorter words and please tell me if im correct

Are you asking me for evidence that the virtual worlds that these supercomputer's support act differently from the real world?

@Anime4Life

I'm just wondering if you knew if they operated on different space-times, as in the flow of time is different than the real world or if it would be considered another timeline entirely.

@Bruce

Creating hundreds of universes is far above any normal 3-A feat. If XANA's only limitation is lacking control over time, then it's certainly a High 3-A feat.

Reppuzan said:
@Anime4Life
I'm just wondering if you knew if they operated on different space-times, as in the flow of time is different than the real world or if it would be considered another timeline entirely.

@Bruce

Creating hundreds of universes is far above any normal 3-A feat. If XANA's only limitation is lacking control over time, then it's certainly a High 3-A feat.
Ahh kk. Thank you that's all I needed to hear. Just give me a few minutes to explai

But as for the last part of your comment Nah X.A.N.A doesnt lack control over time he took control of Return to the Past before in-series and fun fact: Although not by X.A.N.A, Professor Tyron was capable of warping time and space in the real world with the power of his super computer to create a time loop to trap Aelita and the others in. All he needed to do was activate a tower. So X.A.N.A should likely be able to do the same thing as he isnt as limited to that sort of thing like Jeremy and Tyron are and he used to have 100s of super computers under his rule. So either way, X.A.N.A can control time perfectly with no issues.

Tyron has never warped space time.

He's looping it via going back in time, not destroying or creating space time.

@Bruce

But controlling the time and space of hundreds of universes at once is a 2-C feat.

actually he did. Aelita in that episode of Evolution admitted it. She said only a quantum computer, such as the super computer, can warp time and space and they needed Jeremy from their original time period to break the time loop.

Now as for your question Reppuzan, on whether or not time flows differently on Lyoko than it does in the real world.....well........we can look at it with 2 answers. It can generally be either thing, it depends on which implies more.

Now, there is matierial that implies time flows in Lyoko, while there's also matieral that implies time flows either differently or not at all on Lyoko. For time flowing on Lyoko, we know this is definite. Take Sector 5 for example. When the Lyoko warrior's enter a part of sector 5 called The Core Zone, they had to activate a key within its boundaries each time they go there to get passed it. And for activating said key, there is a timer on it. Usually it takes up to 5 or less minutes at best to activate the key before the timer runs out and the core zone changes back. The fact that a timer for a key applies for them in sector 5 means time flows there (though it's debatable on whether this applies anymore because when Jeremy and Aelita recreated Lyoko, they got rid of this concept for Sector 5, meaning they no longer have to activate a key to get passed the core Zone.).

However, there is also material that implies time either doesnt flow or flows differently on lyoko. For one, the sectors. The 4 outer sectors of Lyoko always look the same all of the time, and thus, there is no day or night for Lyoko. For example, the Desert Sector. It's always light out as if the sun is there. It never shows any night time like the Ice Sector, which so happens to always look like night there. And then it goes farther with how the Mountain and Forest Sectors are portrayed as. Now another example we have here is Return to the Past. It's clearly obvious that Return to the Past happens in both the real and virtual worlds. It's evident by the fact that the Lyoko warrior;s, even while on Lyoko, get sent back into the real world setting before XANA's original attack each time Return to the Past happens. But yet in Lyoko (and likely all the other replika's), nothing happens at all. It stays the same whether time gets reversed or not. And there are examples to this. In the episode where X.A.N.A spams Return to the Past, it took the lyoko warriors 3 time jumps for them to finally deactivate X.A.N.A's tower, meaning X.A.N.A'S activated tower wasnt affected by the reverse in time from the Return to the Past program. If time did flow on Lyoko, then the tower would have gone back to the point before Xana activated it originally.

Finally, my last and most notable example to this conclusion is Aelita (and possibly William). I say this for a very big reason: Aelita is still the same age from when she first went to Lyoko and then came to earth with Jeremy and the others. This is notable because Aelita has been stuck on Lyoko for almost her entire life, years and years before Jeremy ever even found her. If time flowed on Lyoko, much less flowed like time in the real world, then Aelita would have been in her teens from when Jeremy materialized her to earth. This, at the very least, suggests time flows slower than real world time, which means both worlds have different time flows. We could also say the same to William who had been stuck in the virtual world for a while working for X.A.N.A. He should've aged at least a bit from when he first went to Lyoko to when he got back to Earth.

So, in conclusion, its possible that time on Lyoko either flows the same as earth, flows differently or just doesnt flow at all. It depends on what implies more for you to use it. But given the latter, i suppose its more of a possibility that time flows differently in Lyoko than it flowing the same as the real world.

We never see XANA warp the Replika's with Return to the Past as he's never used Return to the Past after S2. We're questioning on whether Return to the Past in general can effect them. XANA can take control of the Return to the Past program like he did before, we just need to know of those replika's can be effected by the program period to determine if Xana can warp them.

Besides, if XANA created them then shouldnt he able to warp them to his liking?

@Anime4Life

Not all creator deities are able to control what they've created so...

But considering the fact that Return to the Past, affects AT LEAST Earth, it can be assumed that the other supercomputers were also reset.

Reppuzan said:
@Anime4Life
Not all creator deities are able to control what they've created so...

But considering the fact that Return to the Past, affects AT LEAST Earth, it can be assumed that the other supercomputers were also reset.
True. Okay I take that statement back

Wait what would resetting them have to do with this Rep?

I mean, resetting the supercomputers means resetting the "digital universes" you've described that they control, no?

Reppuzan said:
I mean, resetting the supercomputers means resetting the "digital universes" you've described that they control, no?
Ohh right. But if thats the case then how come those Super Computer's don't revive then, IF they are bound by the same laws as the real world?

There's no evidence that any other Super computer, other than Franz Hoppers, has something like the Return to the Past fucntion, so they should perfectly be capable of being effected by time manipulation. And yet even with time being reversed, those computers don't get revived they and their replika's stay destroyed. Otherwise, the ones that the Lyoko team destroyed in the series would have revived when they did return to the past.

So does this further imply they act separately to the real world?

I'm not entirely certain, but if they were in fact unaffected by Retrun to the Past, that does lend credence to this theory.

Then again, I might want additional staff input on this matter.

Back