• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Undertale Revisions

KingPin0422

Derp Idol
Joke Battles
Retired
Hello everyone. There are a few things about Undertale I'd like to bring up:

1. Determination should count as Statistics Amplification. From what I understand, Determination increases your power in accordance with your drive to do something. Sounds like Statisitcs Amplification to me.

2. Chara should have Abstract Existence. They fit the requirements for it (omnipresent non-corporeal force that embodies a concept, in this case, the feeling of getting stronger), why don't they have it?

3. Asriel, at least at his full power, should have Passive AoE. The very moment Asriel transforms, we find ourselves unable to do anything except struggle, and as indicated by "The whole world is ending" after every turn, he seems to be tearing apart all of reality with his mere presence.

4. Frisk and The Anomaly should be 2-A at their peak. The Anomaly's True Reset affects the entire world, even affecting the likes of Frisk as they, too, act as if nothing happened. It is supposedly reached through sheer Determination, as it appears after either the True Pacifist and (I think) Genocide endings.

Although Frisk never actually harms Asriel, their Determination rivals his as they can tank his attacks, and I actually think that Frisk may be deliberately missing Asriel with their own attacks as trying to fight him causes the game to say that you missed, and given that Frisk at this point is starting to resist the Anomaly's control (as indicated: in the Amalgamate fights when any attempts the Anomaly makes to have Frisk insult them are nullified, later on in the Asriel fight when they reach for their save file on their own, and after the Asriel fight when they reveal their name), it seems plausible to me.

5. Chara should be 2-A after taking The Anomaly's SOUL. Once they take the Anomaly's SOUL, they have technically overriden their control, as the now-corrupted Pacifist Ending has Chara take over Frisk and kill everyone, with the Anomaly unable to do anything about it.

6. Chara should also have a key for when they are possessing Frisk. We already have their Speed while possessing Frisk listed, why not the other stats?

7. Undyne the Undying and Mettaton NEO should be 7-C, maybe even 7-B. They are clearly superior to Asgore in power, with Undying's 99 ATK and NEO's 90 ATK compared to Asgore's 80 ATK. And since Frisk in the Neutral Ending canonically defeats Asgore as an LV1, this would make sense. (Keep in mind that you cannot reach the Pacifist Ending on your first try no matter what, as it's implied that Flowey did not know how to become Asriel until after he lost as Photoshop Flowey.)

"Although Frisk never actually harms Asriel, their Determination rivals his as they can tank his attacks, and I actually think that Frisk may be deliberately missing Asriel with their own attacks as trying to fight him causes the game to say that you missed"

Pure headcanon. The attacks clearly make the sound that happens when an attack hits.

Resetting a 2-A that isn't even 2-A when you do it isn't 2-A.

1. Yeah

2. Seems like it was something "accepted" but never added. But what Chara says seems a bit too vague for me.

3. That's already considered as Power Nullification

4. Frisk doesn't "miss". Hitting Asriel makes a sound, indicative that it actually hits and doesn't miss.

That aside, I wouldn't be against "Potentially 2-A", given that usually, DT scales Dura and AP together. It's likely that a bloodlusted Frisk could also be 2-A in AP.

I don't see any reasons for The Anomaly to be 2-A.

5. Chara always had some degree of control override even before taking the Player's soul. It doesn't prove being actually stronger than the Anomaly.

6. Yeah

7. I'd rather not. At this point they're so much beyond the 7-C feats that this would feel kinda like downplaying.

Back