• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I too am neutral as I don't know anything about the verse, but Dargoo sounds like he might have something to say when he has time.

I suppose so, although things seem ambivalent so far.

I meant that the responses seem undecided.

Well yeah, cus none of the members are knowledgeable. But as i said everything im saying is backed up by the Rakudai Wiki which, i found proof that the rakudai wiki pages are eddited by the people who are translating the rakudai volumes.

Okay. Perhaps you could ask some of the following staff members to help out with evaluating this?

Ryukama

SomebodyData

Darkanine

Reppuzan

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Soldier Blue

Monarch Laciel

Kaltias

Assaltwaffle

Saikou The Lewd King

Kepekley23

Gemmysaur

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

I have already asked some of them like KingofNegativity and Gremmysaur.

I messaged Glassman, Assaultwaffle and MonarchLaciel though.

I do have a question though:

Wouldn't "exerting" an aura be active, and not passive?

Dargoo Faust said:
I do have a question though:
Wouldn't "exerting" an aura be active, and not passive?
Well auras in almost every scenario ever are passive. And as shown by other desperados like Edelweiss whe she faced Kurono (i will post proof down below), Kurono broke down without Edelweiss doing anything. I don't think there needs to be any proof for aura being passive considering that almost every show ever considers it as passive with existing. (Exerting would likely mean emitting rather than actually forcing)

At that moment.

"K-Kurogane!"

She turned her gaze toward the voice—

"…Isn't that World Clock?"

"Edelweiss, you bi*ch—!"
(Sry had to censure here cus the wiki wouldn't let me post xD)

Kurono Shinguuji, the World Clock, had jumped over the wall, and sighted Ikki's bloody and fallen form. Pulling out her Device, a pair of one-white-one-black handguns in anger, she turned the muzzles toward Edelweiss.

"Calm yourself."

At the instant Edelweiss was going to be shot between in the eyes, the fingers on the trigger were frozen in place. It was as if Kurono's heart had exploded from fear. She had landed on the ground, and only just barely pointed the gun barrels, but even so her fingers didn't move.

Reading that, it looks like Edelweiss had to activate it, seeing as Kurono wasn't frozen the moment she interacted with her.

That said I don't know how the aura works so it might have just automatically reacted to her pulling the gun, so please correct me if I'm mistaken.

It's more a fear of fighting. And let me quote it again.

At the instant Edelweiss was going to be shot between in the eyes, the fingers on the trigger were frozen in place. It was as if Kurono's heart had exploded from fear. She had landed on the ground, and only just barely pointed the gun barrels, but even so her fingers didn't move.

At the instant she was going to be shot, so it's not related in any way to the words she said, but more so to the act of fighting against Edelweiss/having her as an opponent.

I'm not sure that's evidence towards it being passive; she could have just activated it swiftly in response to noticing the gun, and timed it for when the gun was pulled on her.

Again I'll note that it didn't activate up until then. Is there something saying it only activates under certain conditions? If not, why didn't it activate before, if it's passive?

Fear can only activate when you're facing someone. Later on in the Light Novel (according to the translators Ikki does the same to other knights paralyzing them in fear though i can't post scans of that as it would be in japanese), what i can give you is more context that it is passive and it's an actual aura that can be felt. Nene Saikyou and Kurono were both running towards Tokyo, when Edelweiss appeared in front of Ikki Kurogane (FAR away from them, so far that it took Kurono, who's Massively Hypersonic in speed so much time to reach there that the fight between Edelweiss and Ikki was over by then). Anyway here i the scene:

"Well, at any rate, once we get there everything will become clear. So for that reason―"

As quickly as possible. At those words, they put even more strength into their legs. …At that moment. Faster than a second, a sudden gust struck their bodies and brought them to a halt.

―In fact, no wind was blowing on them. The sea was also calm.

However, on the expressions on the two world-class knights, trembles of obvious dismay were spreading. Their legs were shaking, and their brows were sweating unnaturally.

Yes... what stopped their legs wasn't the wind. It was an aberrant sword spirit that could be felt from a long distance away. To the point where the ground in front of them was going blurry in their eyes, as if a drawn sword was pressed to their throats. The two were both superior knights, but they could feel it and it paralyzed them.

―Going toward that was dangerous. At that instinctive warning, the two had stopped running.

"Th-The sword spirit… just now… it can't be…."

"H-Hey hey hey. Are you kidding? Our attackers have someone outrageous mixed among them…!"

The two knew. This unusual sword spirit. Only one person in the world could exert this kind of pressure.

Then Edelweiss shows up in front of Ikki.

The bike had been advancing in accordance with Shizuku's navigation for some time.ÒÇÇExiting the urban areas with many people, and even exiting the mountain road.ÒÇÇIn a deserted place, Hagun Academy's main school was located.ÒÇÇIn that deserted, desolate place, the bike entered, and it was in that moment.

A sudden feeling of oppression. To a heaviness as if one's gut was being crushed, Ikki brought the bike to a sudden stop, its tires sliding.

A bit later after his sister goes inside.

He was certainly scared. Just from her gaze, he could feel his entire body shaking, and cold sweat sliding down his back. His teeth were shivering, and his legs were about to give way. It was the first time Ikki felt like this. To have fear fighting him like this.

But, that he had a reason to fight that terror. He had a reason to stay here! Therefore—

"…This is surprising, isn't it?"

Ikki, putting on the strongest face he could, smiled.

"The world's strongest swordsman is questioning the fighting spirit of an enemy who's already drawn his sword?"

He thrust the point of his crow-black sword at the woman in white, with clear enmity.

In response, the woman in white nodded calmly.

"—Certainly. These words are unneeded."

And it became the trigger.

"If I was not a member of this plot, I would have no grudge against you people. However, because you've come to find your enemy to whom I hold a debt, I won't turn a blind eye."

From the towering school building, the woman in white leaped to the ground silently. With a grace like she had used fluttering wings to swoop down. At the moment she landed on the ground, Ikki felt fear as if his own heart was exploding. His entire body, his instinct, his soul. All of them shrieked.

Run away.

Run away.

I'm begging you, run away.

If you don't you will die here—

So yeah im pretty sure it's just a passive fear that she emits, though she should obviously be able to hold back her aura if needed (since i think blazers are capable of doing that for more stealthy apporaches like Ikki does with his Trackless Step). So under normal circumstances she would have it, but she can hold it back if needed.

I think that's all the context regarding aura i could find. Since Ikki only became a desperado recently so he has no clear feats and Nene has never fought in pannel. So that only leaves Edelweiss for the Desperado aura, which she can hold back.

Im currently reading the new volumes that just got translated and i found more context on Desperados. Here they might as well say that it's acausality.

― Magic power is the influence that is related to this world and the thing Blazers have by birth. For this reason, the aggregate amount is determined as fate. But… there are exceptions in this world that disprove that premise. Like those who have severed the chains of fate by their own strong will. There are exceptions that broke the limits of their souls as persons and got out of their destiny. We call those existences《Desperados》.

Tsukikage said.

The moment he received Stella's 《Katharterio Salamandra》, Ikki was defeated in his original fate.

But he burned with his feelings for Stella and shook free from that fate.

The fate surrounding this world transcended the limits that was allowed for the being called 『Kurogane Ikki』and caused an unbelievable miracle of raising the upper limit of his magic power, and overturned his fate.

At that time, you leveled up the rank of your soul and became an existence different from the regular Blazers. You, who have reached this awakening, have been removed from the circle of fate surrounding this planet, and now you have become able to raise the upper limit of your magic power depending on the training. My first task is to tell you a fact, that you have become an existence that set foot into the current《Domain of the Desperados》.

As i suspected it's not that they are immune to fate, it's just that they transcended the normal rules/boundries of fate (removed from the circle of fate surrounding this planet), and become another existence bound by a different kind of fate, existing under other rules(The fate surrounding this world transcended the limits that was allowed for the being called 『Kurogane Ikki』 ... 'overturned his fate................. 'became an existence different from the regular Blazers).

More proof:

― Although their existences should be concealed for the benefit of all Blazers, the 《Desperados》who have gone beyond their fate through awakening aren't bound by the fate surrounding this world. And depending on the training, their superior fighting power can extend their magic powers. I, as Prime Minister of Japan, will collaborate without sparing anything for you to become stronger. If necessary, I can also introduce you an excellent teacher with my connections.

This is still pushing the idea of it's not that their fate doesn't exist, they just aren't bound by the regular fate of the world, but by another fate. So a transcended fate rather than not having fate.

I'm still sort of going through the quotes, if that helps. Sorry about taking a lot of time with that, there's a lot to go through.

@Dargoo

Thank you for the help.

I was told to take the Ikki AP thing here so here it go

His key that's currently 8-B, possibly 8-A for being a tenth of a later key doesn't really have a reason to retain the 8-B end.

His key that he's a tenth of here one shot a girl with a 967 ton feat. To not be 8-A even at a tenth of this strength, Ikki would need to be less than 1.03125x her strength. Keep in mind that according to the file, he one shot her.

This goes even more for Ouma Kurogane, who's significantly stronger than that key. There's just not a reason to retain the 8-B statistics for this.

Yeah that was my mistake. I sincerely apologize for that.

Previously Ikki's best Ittou Shura feat was 1 shotting Stella in Dragon Spirit mode (which has phylosophy on it's own on why it is 8-A). That was completly my misunderstanding. I fixed it btw.

Now, Ikki's best Ittou Shura feat is keeping up with Stella (although they weren't completely on equal grounds they could clash swords for 1 whole minute then Stella pummeled him). Nothing really changed except it was a brain fart on my part and using Ittou Shura as the last attack when in fact he used Ittou Raisetsu to 1 shot her.

Ittou Raisetsu = 10x Ittou Shura (which was keeping up with her). Furthermore before the last clash Stella even got stronger than she already was. These were 2 details i had missed i am very sorry.

Ouma now scales from a 10th of Ittou Shura Ikki who could keep up with a 8-A Stella, and not from a 10th of Ikki who 1 shotted Stella.

I already fixed this part on Ikki's profile (his profile is the only one which needed fixing) and again i apologize for the inconvinience. Everything should be clear now.

If anything seems supicious i could give you a link to the translated chapters and give you the scenes here.

On another topic. What about this hax CRT? Can you give an oppinion?

I'm like 90% done going through the quotes; so far the proposed revisions seem alright.

I will note that the conditions for the aura to take effect should be noted; such as engaging the user in combat, et cetera.

Ok I'll be looking forward to your last thoughts on this topic.

People don't have to engage in combat to be affected by the aura. Just read through the quotes, when ikki felt fear before he even sensed her and Kurono and nene felt the fear like a city away. Both of those cases where people were not in combat mode or even willing to engage into combat yet they still were crushed by her fear aura.

Firephoenixearl said:
People don't have to engage in combat to be affected by the aura. Just read through the quotes, when ikki felt fear before he even sensed her and Kurono and nene felt the fear like a city away. Both of those cases where people were not in combat mode or even willing to engage into combat yet they still were crushed by her fear aura.
Yes, however this is not the case every time, as the first quote you gave me has proven. When and how it kicks in seems rather inconsistent, and it seems to take on more intensity when the person decides that they want to attack the user of the aura.

Take the quotes you gave me, the people being effected just notice something is up at first, later it's an intense fear, and when he goes in to attack, it's a fight-or-flight situation.

Even then I don't see how the aura would have a significant effect on people who have experienced many fight or flight sensations and overcame them.

I trust Dargoo's sense of judgement.

Well the inconsistencies seem more like PIS to me tbh. Kurono gets completely paralyzed in place, loses her will to fight and has a blurry vision just from the aura, yet she gets closer and threatens her (unless that would mean resistance to fear manip).

But most importantly, the fear aura seems to be escalating depending on 3 reasons:

1. Distance

2. Actions or thinking against the character

3. Actions the user of the aura takes (any action).

Why i think this is that, it's not that the fear aura is not present before, but Ikki and Kurono have the things i just mentioned (blurry vision, lose the will to fight an are completely paralyzed in fear, bordering on hallucinations when they say like a sword was against their throat), but when Ikki gets closer he feels it even more and when Kurono thinks about fighting Edelweiss (pointing a gun at her which means she was thinking about taking Edelweiss on) "her heart explodes in fear" and she completely breaks down barely capable of holding her gun unable to pull it. And when Edelweiss jumps from the top of the tower to the ground Ikki gets a similar result with all of his senses telling him to go back.

And no i wouldn't equalize it to fight or flight situations as fight or flight still means you could choose either, when Kurono actually couldn't choose the option of fleeing. As for Ikki, he has a sort of really high resistance or immunity (idk which applies here), because he acts instinctively (he also did this against stella, where he could counter and attack even when he was literally unconscious), so there are cases where he cannot experience fear due to being in an unconscious state. Furthermore the fear aura gets kind of...forgotten throughout the fight (im pretty sure this is PIS so that the fight won't become just boring statements of fear for 600 words), so you don't see that much of fear throughout the fight, just more amazement of her sword skill.

And those people would have some form of fear resistance to take on the aura or have a special trait (like ikki's pseudo immunity during instinctive reactions). The aura was crushing world-league knights from other cities (ikki too, but those are most important rn), not only is Nene Saikyou a desperado as well, but how many times do you think those people have been in "fight or flight" situations? They have been part of the league's top tournament and scored at the 2nd spot. They have been in MANY fight or flight scenarios, but they still broke down to Edelweiss fear aura.

It's not really an inconsistency. It doesn't immediatly take effect every time it's used. To call that PIS is ignoring a bit too much.

So yes, you agree that the aura decreases and increases it's effects based on certain conditions (actions taken by the aura user, actions taken by the attacker, distance). My point is that they should be listed so as to not confuse people reading profiles.

Fight or Flight isn't really based on conscious choice. It's instinctual, and your conscious mind is fighting your body's instinct to flee or run towards a threat. If a person has experience in such situations, they should be able to stave away fear like that. Not to speak of characters who tend not to value their own life, et cetera.

If the fear is "forgotten" through a fight and it happens consistently again chalking it to PIS is ignoring how it normally works to favor a frankly more powerful descriptor. It's fair to say that the aura can be fought off and stops effecting them after they break free for the first time.

I mean, many of the quotes you linked me had the knights somewhat overcoming the effects of the aura, so I can guess they had experience in those situations and pushed forward. The ones who didn't actually explain that they hadn't felt that way before in the quotes you gave me.

Well obviously i will add those to the profiles. Likely to the "notable attacks" section, and write it as a power like "Immense Aura - blah blah blah, examples, explanations etc".

Characters who don't value their own life would likely be able to push through though that's an obvious weakness as those kinds of characters would shrug off most fear auras (but it depend on the feats ofc). Fear aura is just there to induce fear, if a character can just shrug off this feeling they would be virtually immune to any kind of fear aura (without getting into NLF territory ofc). That feels like a redundant weakness to add, it feels like adding "Can't affect acasual beings, to any fate manipulator's page". It's too obvious to add (again if they have showings of fear on that level). But the other effects aura has would still apply, like perception manipulation and (maybe) paralysis.

No more like the writer stops adding it. For some time, then adds it again. Example, Kurono gets crushed a city away by the aura, then she manages to push through (which is just resistance), then gets close (nothing is said about Kurono in between there) then she gets affected again. So she gets affected when she is really far, and really close, but not in between those moments (that's what i mean by plot inconsistencies. There is no concievable reason why she would only feel when she was far and near and not as she was running closer to her place. Same for Ikki, he gets crushed in fear barely able to think straight, he manages to push through for most of the fight (resistance), then it kicks back in. This is what i'd call just part of the writing style as not to make the "fear" part annoying.

Yeah that would just be resistance to fear manip. They could push through despite being scared stiff. It's not that the aura didn't work, it's that they could move and act despite their fear, until they thought about fighting Edelweiss that they broke down. It's not a weakness of the ability it's just the ability of the knights (resistance to fear manip) to disregard their fear to a certain extent. This is the same reason as to why i said above that characters who don't value their life and stuff will fight this off but only to certain extents as it will be dependend on the showings.

Blackcurrant91 said:
For Eidelwiess's Death/Fate manip. It should be noted that even she admit's it's not that useful in combat.
Well it's a binding technique. So it's not good in a sword fight. It's kind of like Galand's stone ability. It's not necessarily useful in combat but there are definitely exceptional cases where it would be useful.

I can add it, but it feels pretty self explanatory for a binding technique.

Back