• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major God of War clean up/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i like with bullet version. It feels much simpler. I wonder if we can combine fire, ice, lighting, earth manip, into just "Elemental Manipulation (-insert any relevant magic and abilities in here-) . "
Again, turns into a mess since bullet points can go fucky with 20+ abilities. Same reason we can't bullet-point Dante or Kirby.

I should note that I only did the bullet points for fun, no way in hell was it gonna actually fly for the final product.

Also no, you can't combine it into one single ability for Elemental Manip for him, since all of them are done separately by many of Kratos's separate abilities and equipments. Not only that, some of those abilities are tied with other non-elemental abilities.

No, Atlas Quake was explicitly an ability done by GOW2 Kratos.
GOWII Kratos is actually Demigod for at least a large part of it
He's back to his base at the start and is slowly moving back up until h gets the Blade (I'd note he has a few unquantifiable jumps)
Just two weapons he loses from Chains. Helios's Shield and Gauntlet of Zeus.
I think the fact he's never shown or mentioned to possess Charon's mask or the Ifreet after this should tell you he doesn't possess them by God of War 1

GOWII Kratos is actually Demigod for at least a large part of it
He's back to his base at the start and is slowly moving back up until h gets the Blade (I'd note he has a few unquantifiable jumps)
Nah, he's already holding his own against Atlas's killer grip and wrecking the ever-living crap out of the Sisters long before he goes back in time to yank the BoO out of Zeus's grubby hands.

Nah, he's already holding his own against Atlas and wrecking the ever-living crap out of the Sisters long before he goes back in time to yank the BoO out of Zeus's grubby hands.
No
Atlas completely overwhelms him with the barest of effort as mentioned in the Novelisation. He's certainly not holding his own and I can go more in dpeth on this if you want

The Sisters also have no feats to confirm or deny this placement, they're powerful because of the thread and not via themselves

No
Atlas completely overwhelms him with the barest of effort as mentioned in the Novelisation. He's certainly not holding his own and I can go more in dpeth on this if you want
I wouldn't say it was the barest of effort. Kratos was able to hold him back from being crushed for a bit, but this resulted in him basically using up all his strength, the longer he was pushing, the more exhausted he was getting, and fast too. Basically the novel states that Kratos would pretty much get crushed "If he flagged for even an instant", but he didn't, so it would be the slow burn that'd do him in if he didn't convince Atlas fast enough to loosen his grip so as to let him safely descend.

The Sisters also have no feats to confirm or deny this placement, they're powerful because of the thread and not via themselves
Other than being stated by Cory himself to be more powerful than the Gods and the Titans. But I can see that to be quite controversial, so I'll let Gilver and Glass expand on it more, even if it is derailing a bit (Since we're not supposed to be discussing tiers here, only the cleanup of the profiles).

I wouldn't say it was the barest of effort. Kratos was able to hold him back from being crushed for a bit, but this resulted in him basically using up all his strength, the longer he was pushing, the more exhausted he was getting, and fast too. Basically the novel states that Kratos would pretty much get crushed "If he flagged for even an instant", but he didn't, so it would be the slow burn that'd do him in if he didn't convince Atlas fast enough to loosen his grip so as to let him safely descend.
I believe it's stated Atlas was casual in the Novelisation but I'll find it
You could also tell from Atlas' expression in game, he's clearly not pushing this very far and is still solidly overpowering Kratos (who has to convince him not to kill him)
Other than being stated by Cory himself to be more powerful than the Gods and the Titans. But I can see that to be quite controversial, so I'll let Gilver and Glass expand on it more, even if it is derailing a bit (Since we're not supposed to be discussing tiers here, only the cleanup of the profiles).
That statement would imply they're solidly above Zeus but we know Kratos was only remotely a threat to him with the Blade (and even then it's clear Zeus was somewhat superior during the God of War II battle)
Also I agree this is slight derailment (Discord?)

I believe it's stated Atlas was casual in the Novelisation but I'll find it
You could also tell from Atlas' expression in game, he's clearly not pushing this very far and is still solidly overpowering Kratos (who has to convince him not to kill him)
Nah, from what I've seen in Chapter 40 it's just Atlas's complete disregard and rage for Kratos as a human being for the shit he was put through in Chains of Olympus. In Atlas's own words, he wanted to make Kratos suffer.

As for the Fates having no feats to scale, I do not think that is correct, Atropos was capable of breaking the Blade of the Gods, the same blade that Giant Kratos used to kill Ares. Atropos was gonna break that blade so that Kratos would die at the hands of Ares which would effectively erase GOW2 Kratos from existence.

I think all helios power in GoW3 should moved to chains of olympus key if possible.
Because why ?
The primordial fire was stated and revealed in the chains of olympus to be helios power source and same fire that he picked up in the cave

Nah, from what I've seen in Chapter 40 it's just Atlas's complete disregard and rage for Kratos as a human being for the shit he was put through in Chains of Olympus
I'll read again but I believe it's mentioned Kratos was easily buckling under Atlas' strength
As for the Fates having no feats to scale, I do not think that is correct, Atropos was capable of breaking the Blade of the Gods, the same blade that Giant Kratos used to kill Ares. Atropos was gonna break that blade so that Kratos would die at the hands of Ares which would effectively erase GOW2 Kratos from existence.
With several blasts and the consensus on Kratos amping weapons passively kind of makes me question if it was truly Universal durability that Atropos was overcoming.

I'll read again but I believe it's mentioned Kratos was easily buckling under Atlas' strength
Proves my point of Kratos being able to hold on against him, even if for a short while.

With several blasts and the consensus on Kratos amping weapons passively kind of makes me question if it was truly Universal durability that Atropos was overcoming.
AFAIK it's GoW Kratos that has passive amping, not his recently-box-amped self, even if that was the case, it seems as if no amount of passive amping even with his other previous weaponry (Blade of Artemis and Blades of Chaos, the latter being forcefully ripped out from him after the BFR) was enough to stop Ares from simply BFR'ing him and that he'd be toast without the blade even with Pandora's Box's powers amping him at the time.

Proves my point of Kratos being able to hold on against him, even if for a short while.
I'd hardly call visibly and audibly struggling to brush aside two fingers while the other guy easily matches your strength "holding on"
AFAIK it's GoW Kratos that has passive amping, not his recently-box-amped self, even if that was the case, it seems as if no amount of passive amping even with his other previous weaponry (Blade of Artemis and Blades of Chaos, the latter being forcefully ripped out from him after the BFR) was enough to stop Ares from simply BFR'ing him and that he'd be toast without the blade even with Pandora's Box's powers amping him at the time
No we consider it Ascension Kratos based off of Ascension gameplay. BFR is also hax and Kratos could likely have defeated Ares without the blade (I'd argue Ares using his BFR is proof of that)

Again we should leave this for Discord and get back to the revision

I'd hardly call visibly and audibly struggling to brush aside two fingers while the other guy easily matches your strength "holding on"
It's a feat if you can hold against it long enough to make a conversation last.

BFR is also hax and Kratos could likely have defeated Ares without the blade (I'd argue Ares using his BFR is proof of that)
In the first novel, Kratos actually kills Ares by wrestling his own blade out of his hand and then using said blade to stab through Ares. Problem is, there's no BFR in the novel happening (Only a dream sequence happening right at the beginning of the battle, Kratos doesn't live through it physically, Ares basically mind manips and power-nulls here) nor is there the Blade of the Gods to save his skin, which already is a stark contradiction, that and there's no Army of Hades to pull Kratos through tough situations and whatnot, I'll have to check the first novel for more.

Again we should leave this for Discord and get back to the revision
Prolly should leave this for Glass's big thread instead, whenever it happens. Right now this thread is to fix Kratos's profile and reduce the number of keys he has, AP and scaling should absolutely not be touched right now.

You aren't the only one cursed with knowledge

Anyway, yeah, I'll leave the derailing parts for the upcoming non-derailing thread (50 bucks says it arrives when GOW Ragnarok comes to PC, but I can't use PayPal). For now, I added a better version of Kratos's PoH render from the OG artist's artwork, previous one was dogshite and low-res.

Very well.

BY THE STAFF POWER VESTED IN ME, I SUMMON @Theglassman12. And @Planck69

Better ******* hope he responds or else I will post Cringehalla cringefest on this forsaken thread

Last edited:
I'd also suggest adding a tabber for GOW Ascension and renaming the current (God of War III)
Actually, now that I look at it, I'm kind of confused as to why we would add an entirely new Ascension key for like, 3-item specific abilities he shows all in his Demigod mode that receives no massive tier jump. Both I and Planck already addressed this I think, after which everyone else agreed to my sandbox, since we chose to pursue presentation and proper indexing over semantics and technicalities on making keys based on appearance in games. Basically, we prioritized the power-ups over abilities like we should've from the start.

As for renaming the current GoW key to GOW3, I see no need. In GOW2, Kratos, despite no longer being a "God", is still a "God of War" for all intents and purposes. After getting over the power-null in 2 and regaining his God of War powers and the "godhead" as stated explicitly in the novel, he is the "God of War". In GoW3 Hephaestus even sarcastically asks if Aphrodite has conjured another God of War.

Last edited:
Actually, he never got the Godhead back, just its power.

Anywho, what have I been summoned for? Speak, and I may leave ye with an intact corpse.

Anywho, what have I been summoned for? Speak, and I may leave ye with an intact corpse.
Basically whether the sandbox is good to apply now.

Partly right and partly wrong. He did get his Godhead back, just not in the sense that he became a full-fledged God again. He just automatically regained the powers that he had as a God of War, and then installed the DLC powers of the Fates and all the Titans, making him even more powerful than before. Heck, even Zeus admits that Kratos got uber-strong by gaining the powers of the Titans and was placing more emphasis on them than on Kratos getting his OG GoW powers back from the blade.

Partly right and partly wrong. He did get his Godhead back, just not in the sense that he became a full-fledged God again. He just automatically regained the powers that he had as a God of War, and then installed the DLC powers of the Fates and all the Titans, making him even more powerful than before. Heck, even Zeus admits that Kratos got uber-strong by gaining the powers of the Titans and was placing more emphasis on them than on Kratos getting his OG GoW powers back from the blade.
I'll go and check to be sure but I guess it isn't too important.

The sandbox itself doesn't have any overt issues to me.

I love how even the narration seems to be surprised how nonchalant Kratos was after yeeting the Sisters.

Actually, now that I look at it, I'm kind of confused as to why we would add an entirely new Ascension key for like, 3-item specific abilities he shows all in his Demigod mode that receives no massive tier jump.
I'm talking about images
The current image for "Base" is when Kratos is at his absolute peak in the Greek games (pre-hope of course) and is certainly not representative of any base

As for the comment about Kratos growing; I'd note a large portion of that power comes from the Blade and what he siphoned from Zeus, it's pretty clear that's the main thing keeping him in the fight and there's quotes showing that

I'm talking about images
The current image for "Base" is when Kratos is at his absolute peak in the Greek games (pre-hope of course) and is certainly not representative of any base
Ah. I see. That can be fixed then.

As for the comment about Kratos growing; I'd note a large portion of that power comes from the Blade and what he siphoned from Zeus, it's pretty clear that's the main thing keeping him in the fight and there's quotes showing that
Sure, I'm not gonna deny that Zeus was still indeed more powerful and the blade certainly helped Kratos to a considerable degree. But there are also times when Zeus straight up rips the blade out of Kratos's hands and uses it against him, and Kratos afterwards was still able to keep up against him and even backhand him on that one occasion.

Ah. I see. That can be fixed then.
SMH my head
Sure, I'm not gonna deny that Zeus was still indeed more powerful and the blade certainly helped Kratos to a considerable degree. But there are also times when Zeus straight up rips the blade out of Kratos's hands and uses it against him, and Kratos afterwards was still able to keep up against him and even backhand him on that one occasion.
That's after the Blade charged up Kratos
The Blade feeds the user's strength and the novel makes it clear he'd already sucked power from Zeus as seen when he shrinks and I think there's a few other times it's mentioned in the novel.
So the Kratos during the Zeus fight doesn't represent Kratos' power level for the majority of God of War II

That's after the Blade charged up Kratos
The Blade feeds the user's strength and the novel makes it clear he'd already sucked power from Zeus as seen when he shrinks and I think there's a few other times it's mentioned in the novel.
So the Kratos during the Zeus fight doesn't represent Kratos' power level for the majority of God of War II
Here's the thing, Zeus clearly filtered his own power into the Blade to end the Great War looooooooooong before Kratos was even born.

Anyway, with the Discord stuff being done (For now, at least)...

Anybody else feel like that Kratos's current weakness description is utter gobshite? Like, seriously? Just put in "anger management issues" and call it a day, without even mentioning why he's even like that to begin with?

Man saw his brother Deimos get kidnapped, ended up killing his own wife and daughter and was consumed by their nightmares, then killed Orkos (A dude he trusted and came to view as a friend) at his request (So that both could be freed from Ares) which caused his nightmares to come rushing back to his mind and caused him to go on a murdering spree against Ares, then he finds his mother and is forced to kill her because surprise surprise, Zeus ******* cursed her to turn into a monster if she ever tried revealing Zeus's relation to Kratos, and then he saves Deimos from Thanatos only to watch him die at Thanatos's hands anyway, causing Kratos to literally go berserk and turn into the rage-filled man he is today, he ends up having his entire army slaughtered by Zeus right in front of him as he gets betrayed and stabbed to death by him, then grows even madder with rage as he learns that Zeus then flattened Sparta, and on top he ends up accidentally killing Athena and learning that Zeus is his father. As if Pandora's death explicitly caused by Zeus mocking Kratos for failing his family (Which literally made Kratos do the exact opposite of what both he and Zeus wanted: to save Pandora) wasn't enough, Kratos is literally driven to his maximum ******* limit once he realizes that the box is empty and that Pandora literally died for nothing. Heck, this is a major plot point for him because he has to go past all of it and forgive himself for his mistakes to unleash the Power of Hope

Heck, even in the novels he grows mad with rage and shouts at the storm when faced with the prospect that his son would die of a disease he is the sole reason for because he hid his godhood from him.

Is that even a proper weakness as far as his combat capabilities go? He's may occasionally let it get the best of him as far as wider decisions go (like when he tried to solo Olympus with armed with a Pegasus and spite when he started his journey towards the Sisters of Fate) but I can't recall it affecting his wit and quick thinking as far as battles went.

Maybe it should specify this?

Is that even a proper weakness as far as his combat capabilities go? He's may occasionally let it get the best of him as far as wider decisions go (like when he tried to solo Olympus with armed with a Pegasus and spite when he started his journey towards the Sisters of Fate) but I can't recall it affecting his wit and quick thinking as far as battles went.

Maybe it should specify this?
His nightmares and tendency to be pissed off when family gets involved is a very real thing tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back