• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major God of War clean up/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it was stated to be a mirror of the real world. I'll have to check later.
Yep, repeatedly it was stated to be an exact mirror of our universe, moon and stars and all.

Him merging his realm and the real world or something along those lines.
Temple of Helios.

It makes more sense to me that he made it as opposed to it just existing for whatever reason. And I think the novel says something along this line as well but I'm not sure.

It would honestly boost range tremendously if it's used actually, even if it doesn't matter for AP
Well, cover me neutral for the galaxy pocket dimension, not sure what that would yield anyway, there were a bunch of galaxies in that pocket dimension IIRC, prolly could even give Kratos some healthy cosmic radiation resistances and whatnot if the feat is either legit Creation or a BFR (As long as it ain't an illusion, which I doubt it would be).

GoW characters have pretty poor range so I hope that gets improved. Multi-Stellar to Intergalactic range would be a god send.

I'll check the novel to be sure.

GoW characters have pretty poor range so I hope that gets improved. Multi-Stellar to Intergalactic range would be a god send.
We can start with giving Helios Universal range first (Since there is no High Universal range). Whoever kept him at Kilometers to Planetary for lighting up the infinite-sized underworld was prolly drunk or half-asleep.

Isn't there Infinite range? Or was that removed? Well, either way that works.

The novel contradicts the game showing by treating as an illusion but not well versed in which canon takes precedent here. I do recall there being a statement from Santa Monica that games come first so I wanna know how that goes here.

Reactions: JED
the 3 keys are just decreasing the amount of keys we have which is the whole premise of the thread, from instead of each game to kratos's physiology. Adding another key would be counter productive to this idea. I know kratos has gotten amped and nerfed many times in the series, but It's more about focusing on the 2 major amps he got throughout the series, rather than the weapons and couple of abilities he attains in each specific game. Demigod Kratos would be kratos in GoW 1 before he opened the box, and all his abilities and hax he had as a demigod would be listed here. God of War kratos would be kratos right at the end of GoW 3 before he awakened Power of Hope, and all his abilities and hax from GoW 2-3 would be listed here. Everything else will be in the PoH key.

For reference, here is a sandbox made by KLOL to showcase how the new profile would look. Edited OP with the sandbox as well.

Last edited:
Is Pariah making downgrades for God of War?
I'm neutral but leaning to agreement on the nature of the Nine Realms and I do agree Kratos needs less keys (I planned something similar)
It was always only a likely/possible tier, had no issues with that, could open up a match or two in that tier, didn't really care. Straight 2-C is bunk.

If the realms aren't separate space-times, then it is impossible for GoW to be 2-C as per the tiering system. That is one of the major points of this thread.

Pretty sure it was stated to be a mirror of the real world. I'll have to check later.
Oh it was but the comment iirc was it being a mirror of the night sky
Him merging his realm and the real world or something along those lines.
Can I have some more context for that there? I’m assuming it’s mentioned in the Temple of Helios lore but the game doesn’t show this happening and I can’t recall a timeframe being stated
It makes more sense to me that he made it as opposed to it just existing for whatever reason. And I think the novel says something along this line as well but I'm not sure.
My issue was more assuming he can warp the whole thing. You could say it should be assumed but pocket universe feats are funny like that

I’ll check the novel but I can’t recall such a statement
It would honestly boost range tremendously if it's used actually, even if it doesn't matter for AP
Yeah it’s be galactic but only for this ability

As I said, this thread is meant to discuss what I actually presented in the OP, if it wasn't I wouldn't have made the thread at all. His supposed CRT has nothing to do with what is presented in this one, his is about additions to abilities, fixing norse kratos atrocious profile, and attempting to make GoW straight 2-C off of what we already have on the profiles right now. This thread is addressing the fact that what we have right now (the 9 realms) and their validity on being 2-C is wrong. I fail to see why we should completely remove the premise of this thread for a possible future one which will not deal with what's being talked about here. It's not even an issue of what's presented is wrong, everyone here is either neutral or agrees with the removal of 2-C. With what I presented, what is the point of keeping a likely 2-C tier that will clog up the profiles more (literally 2 likely tiers on top of an at least tier, why keep this), when the reasons for a likely 2-C tier, just doesn't exist or is shaky at the very best.

I agree wholeheartedly to the Greek profile change, that has always been cluttered, and from what I've read on removing the likely 2-C key, I agree to that as well. We do not have concrete 2-C statements/feats, I'd recommend we wait on Ragnarok for that as from how the Nine Realms are described now, they do not meet the criteria for 2-C. Seems quite clear cut to me.

I agree with cleaning up Greek Kratos' profile but on the 2-C stuff I'll just put what I said on discord here:

If the realms exists/occupy in the same physical space just in different dimensions/existence that would still be low 2-C size for each dimension.
The realms of the norse world only really share the same physical space in that they are parallel dimensions on a different plane of existence that have some overlap thanks to resting on the Yggdrasil and the towers connecting them. They individually still have their own unique spaces, celestial bodies, features etc.
Now if all the realms in the norse world looked the exact same and then I could see the argument that they aren't individually low 2-c in size because their space would actually be the same.

If the realms aren't separate space-times, then it is impossible for GoW to be 2-C as per the tiering system. That is one of the major points of this thread.
Your 2-C statements would really only apply for Norse stuff. Greek realms are completely different and have their own justifications. Like I said, Glass has plans for addressing that so leave the tiers alone for now.

The only thing we know about the realms is they are mirror dimensions of midgard, and they exist in the same physical space separated only by the bifrost light of alfheim. As I said, I don't know the rule of thumb regarding dimensions and time flows, but I know timeless domains get super funky, and we don't slap infinite speed on people who can move in them anymore. For all we know, the light of alfheim separating the realms could be what causes a difference in time, not the realms themselves. This is evidenced when kratos steps into the light, and mimir confirms the lake of souls feels faster than what you feel in alfheim. What we do know is the realms are not separated spatio-temporally, which is the qualification for 2-C on this site. We know no other context regarding the realms beyond these facts, so slapping a 2-C tier on them when we have blatantly contradictory statements just isn't possible.

Your 2-C statements would really only apply for Norse stuff. Greek realms are completely different and have their own justifications. Like I said, Glass has plans for addressing that so leave the tiers alone for now.
Just repeating what I said on discord. I wanted to make a separate thread regarding this and have this thread focused solely on profile cleanup, but this should be included with it in regards top the cleanup and removal of the 2-C tier. The 2-C "feats" in the greek pantheon come solely from chains lore, which is all unverifiable. I have grown an extreme distaste for it over time and am not comfortable with using unverified sources to validate a tier for GoW that it does not need. There is not a single 2-C feat in God of War, with the realms in the same physical space, and the chains stuff being unverfied.

Just repeating what I said on discord. I wanted to make a separate thread regarding this and have this thread focused solely on profile cleanup, but this should be included with it in regards top the cleanup and removal of the 2-C tier. The 2-C "feats" in the greek pantheon come solely from chains lore, which is all unverifiable. I have grown an extreme distaste for it over time and am not comfortable with using unverified sources to validate a tier for GoW that it does not need. There is not a single 2-C feat in God of War, with the realms in the same physical space, and the chains stuff being unverfied.
I'd rather you let Glass handle that instead. It'd fly in direct conflict with your thread. Better to avoid the clutter and settle it in a single place.

There are no contradictory statements really. The scans in the OP state the realms are also in different dimensions/planes of existence and are "reflections of each other" which means the meaning of "occupy the same space" and "same physical space" statements doesn't literally mean they share the same exact space and the realms themselves show that in-game with their vast differences in overall look and features.

The scans in the OP state the realms are also in different dimensions/planes of existence and are "reflections of each other" which means the meaning of "occupy the same space" and "same physical space" statements doesn't literally mean they share the same exact space and the realms themselves show that in-game with their vast differences in overall look and features.
Ahhh, just want to point out Freya did say “they exist in the same physical space” and even later say in the same video that the realms are intertwined.

That is clear as day as it can get there.

Ahhh, just want to point out Freya did say “they exist in the same physical space” and even later say in the same video that the realms are intertwined.

That is clear as day as it can get there.
Once again, this ain't the place for this.

This CRT is just about a thorough clean-up of the pages.

Glass seeminlg just wants to clear up tiering so the nature of the Realms can be it's own thread AFTER that one

The one with bullet points looks better, just need to delete that random extra space.

The one with bullet points looks better, just need to delete that random extra space.
Kratos has 20+ abilities tho, beyond that point bullet-points look too long. Imagine if Kirby's abilities got bullet-pointed.

I’d suggest splitting Demigod Kratos’ stuff by game but haha just me
But then nothing would change about the profile, the CRT's purpose is to reduce as much clutter as possible, to base his keys on power ups and state of being instead of game portrayals.

Last edited:
But then nothing would change about the profile, the CRT's purpose is to reduce as much clutter as possible, to base his keys on power ups and state of being instead of game portrayals.
Thing is he only has certain abilities or weapons for one game or so and I’m only talking about those powers and abilities getting sub tabber

the revision already massively removed the keys so it’s much tidyer

Thing is he only has certain abilities or weapons for one game or so and I’m only talking about those powers and abilities getting sub tabber

the revision already massively removed the keys so it’s much tidyer
A lot of those abilities carry over to his GOW self tho, some of them he doesn't even need weapons for anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back