• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
I have some serious issues with the way these characters are ranked. Yes, the profiles are generally outdated, but it's no reason to leave their poorly justified rankings unchanged.

First off, a feat that is mentioned on Ed, Edd, and Eddy's profiles:

>"Durability: Large Building level (Took a free fall from Mars to the Earth and FTL speeds and survived)"

• FTL Kinetic Energy isn't a thing on this wiki.
  • Speed Skydivers can reach Supersonic+ speeds while falling. That is around Wall level+.
  • Going by the wiki entryon the Hairy Chest of Resiliance Badge, I doubt it's anything justifying this ranking.
  • This is beside the point, but even using FTL speeds for a KE calc won't get you Large Building level. I know from experience that an 80-pound Porygon moving at the speed of light would generate Island level energy.
However, if Ed truly has destroyed buildings, then I guess he can have his durability downgraded to Building level instead. And if Edd and Eddy have both taken hits from him, then I guess they can get Building level Durability as well. Otherwise, I reccomend they get downgraded to Wall level+ for dura.

Next up is a key that's mentioned for Ed, Edd, and Eddy on their profiles: "During the Episode 1 + 1 = Ed"

I've watched through the entire episode and there's no indication that it was their power alone that "warped the reality of their universe" from their sheer power alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoEWUq7LBIY

There's no indication as to how it even happened in the first place, and even less of an indication that its the three Eds who are causing this to happen at all. Thus, I think this key should be removed entirely.

Also, Rolf should not be 9-A for "stomping Eddy" when he's not even 9-A in any way to begin with. Aia scaling to Eddy's durability, this should be Wall level+ considering his atmospheric reentry feat.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Next up is a key that's mentioned for Ed, Edd, and Eddy on their profiles: "During the Episode 1 + 1 = Ed"

I've watched through the entire episode and there's no indication that it was their power alone that "warped the reality of their universe" from their sheer power alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoEWUq7LBIY

There's no indication as to how it even happened in the first place, and even less of an indication that its the three Eds who are causing this to happen at all. Thus, I think this key should be removed entirely.
Their power alone was capable of warping the reality of their universe otherwise it wouldn't have happened as no one else was shown warping it, only Ed, Edd, n Eddy. The whole idea is that it happeened, but after the notes were ripped the universe was restored.

For what it's worth, I did some semi-serious Ed Edd n Eddy calcs awhile back.

User blog:Darkanine/A few Ed Edd n Eddy calcs

They need serious some work though. I'm particularly not proud of Johnny's durability feat since it doesn't take into account the time in which it took him to get to China.

Also, Ed might have a decent durability feat in The Day the Ed Stood Still where he crashes and leaves a sizable crater. I think he was protected by an asteroid or something, though.. And, Ed and Double D survived at the epicenter of a large explosio.

I recall something like that. It' been so long since I've seen the show though.

Edit: Highlighted since this is a major revision.

I'll do a calc of that explosion feat since it should scale to Double Ds durability, which should in turn scale to Kevin, Eds, Rolfs and Eddy's Brothers AP.

@PTS

I'm pretty sure. I also think he picked up a house sized piece of *ahem*, fecal matter once.

Ed can easily lift a house or even an entire street.

Ed Edd n Eddy S02E13 Fa La La La Ed & Cry Ed
Ed Edd n Eddy S02E13 Fa La La La Ed & Cry Ed

From 15:33 till 16:10

The hell, even Jimmy who is the weakest character in the whole series can survive being crushed by a tree.

He is so weak thet can be overpowered by Plank .

VenomElite said:
Ed lifted the entire street before as well, so he has quite some feats under his belt.
Not to mention him effortlessly uprooting part of a sewer system in One + One = Ed after they lost their ability to reality warp.

I'm pretty sure I've stated before that the events of 1+1=Ed didn't even happen and are instead in the Eds' imagination (the episode ends with the rest of the cast looking at what they're actually doing like they're crazy), though these Tier 8 feats seem legitimate.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I'm pretty sure I've stated before that the events of 1+1=Ed didn't even happen and are instead in the Eds' imagination (the episode ends with the rest of the cast looking at what they're actually doing like they're crazy), though these Tier 8 feats seem legitimate.
Well, note that all of the reality warping happens, then suddenly stops after the pages are ripped, that's a sign that the universe was just restored and only the Eds kept their memories.

Might as well throw my hat into this as well. Someone mentioned Ed dropping a house on Double D in the flashback episode?

Ed Edd n Eddy Every which way but ed
Ed Edd n Eddy Every which way but ed

Feat shows up at 9:12. Ed lifts a house even larger and (judging from appearance) made of heftier materials than the one he lifted in that first vid shared above. Even more notable is that this is Ed as a child.

Ed's lifting strength ought to be (at least) Class 100 just based on this showing alone imo. He's seen wielding the house like it's made of cardboard.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Thank you for the clarification.
It's not like I once mentioned that some characters can empower themselves w/ their imaginations, not actual Reality itself or anything.

Well, note that all of the reality warping happens, then suddenly stops after the pages are ripped, that's a sign that the universe was just restored and only the Eds kept their memories.

That was just their imaginations empowering them and manipulating Logic, nothing else.

This would make Ed Class K then and those figures are for an empty house. Present Ed carried a dilapidated house filled with junk to crush Eddy with seasons before.

Like I said, it doesn't justify 3-A at all. Hax is just hax unless there's anything indicating that they can do it on a universal scale, which in this case there isn't.

And no, 'it all stops when the pages are ripped" is not evidence of it being 3-A either. That's a non sequitur argument.

My proposal is that we drop the "1 + 1 = Ed" key entirely, as there's nothing supporting its rankings other than baseless assumptions.

ArbitraryNumbers is correct, and I am fine with getting rid of the key.

I'm fine with that, too. Is anyone gonna unlock Ed's profile? I've been wanting to edit his Lifting Strength for over a year now.

I will unlock it. Do other characters scale from this?

I don't think so. Lifting Strength in my opinion only scales when in a struggle, which involves actions other than striking, and Ed has never really been in a struggle. He's been pinned down by the Kankers but doesn't really fight back.

Anyone else who's watched the show has a different opinion?

Okay. Feel free to adjust the profile in any case.

Did you remove the "1 + 1 = Ed" key statistics from all of the relevant characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back