• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Fight location: Dragon Ball's City Ruins

Battle Ost: Guile's Theme

Battle Rules:

• Speed Equalized
  • Both starts 200 meters from each other
  • Both at 6-B
  • Bajrang Gun is restricted
  • Kurama Sage Mode is restricted.

Luffy's AP: 12.64 teratons
Naruto's AP: 98.35 Teratons

Keys used: Birth of the Ten-Tails’ Jinchūriki Naruto and Post-Haōshoku Advancement Luffy.

Obs. I legit hope this is not an ap stomp, otherwise this thread can just be deleted.

All one piece's toptier characters advantage againts Naruto's toptier characters is speed
If you equalize it, mostly they cant do anything

If you allow me to play the devil's advocate here. I wanted to point that, although they have an insane AP gap, Luffy can use his transformations to somewhat close the gap (dunno how close he might get to Naruto though) but he can also avoid most of Naruto's attacks with future sight and he can basically implode Naruto with ryuo's dura neg. So it's not as if Luffy does not have any wincon here, he can, but it's gonna be difficult because of the AP gap between them two.

Because if the AP gap was the only wincon, Kaidou would not put up even a debate in his thread against Orochi (Notice that his AP, at that time, was scaling for 1 petaton while Orochi scales to almost 6 exatons). I just wanted to see more commentaries and arguments before changing my mind to ask for the deletion of this current thread or something else.

Edit: Just wanted to add that even though this may be an ap stomp, I think we might still have a debate here.

If the speed is equal and there is a distance difference of 200 meters, Naruto can win with genjutsu. While in Sage Mode, he can summon frogs to him and these two frogs can perform genjutsu with sound. It takes preparation to do it. However, since the speed is equal and there is a difference of 200 meters, I do not see any obstacle to their ability to do this. While he distracts Luffy with his shadow clones, he can also prepare genjutsu.

I'm voting for Naruto.

Naruto can win with genjutsu. While in Sage Mode, he can summon frogs to him and these two frogs can perform genjutsu with sound.
Naruto doesn't start with that, and Luffy probably resists it anyway.
However, since the speed is equal and there is a difference of 200 meters, I do not see any obstacle to their ability to do this.
Speed equal means that Luffy's speed is forced down to Naruto's. Which is still more than enough for him to cross the distance. He can also stretch 100+ kilometers so 200 meters won't stop Luffy from punching Naruto.
While he distracts Luffy with his shadow clones, he can also prepare genjutsu.
Luffy can just use gatling to get around the shadow clones. And again, Naruto doesn't use genjutsu in character.

naruto's fear manip isn't mind based tho
We should remember that Haoshoku also generates a fear-inducing aura. And Luffy is able to resist said effects, even if his opponent has an advantage when it comes to Haoshoku's strength.

That said, I don't think that Kurama's fear manip would work on Luffy, nor the frog's genjutsus. The AoEs can, in fact, be a problem, but if Luffy knocks Kyubi down with Haoshoku (which is likely going to happen), then Naruto loses most of his AoE potential, forcing him to close gap with Luffy (who outclasses Naruto when it comes to melee fight).

I know that Naruto can use a barrage of Odama Rasengans, which is a strong AoE, but he needs clones for that and they can get knocked out by Haoshoku's haki. Yet, the range of Odama Rasengan is very limited compared to a Biju-dama.

On the other hand, it doesn't exclude the fact that Naruto is also a very good strategists battle-wise and probably would be able to think in something to deal with Luffy or that would allow him to land a strong attack that'd knock Luffy down instantly. The question is: would he have time to think in something and would his plan work against someone who can see into the literal future?

Btw, I'm not voting yet, wanna see some more replies before making my decision.

Edit: Also, I will count votes once we get more replies on this thread.

Back