• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay, let's see how this goes.

Monkey D. Luffy VS Genos

• Starting Distance: 10m
  • Bloodlusted Genos
  • Equalized speed
  • Post-Elder Centipede Genos in Ten Second Mode | Post-Haōshoku Advancement Luffy
1200px-Eurasia_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg.png

Luffy: 3 (@SnookB, @Super_Nova, @Nanashi)
Genos:
Inconclusive:

f6303ffe73ddec315278a0dfb1efa02e.jpg
65ccae6201d972f22997c2778bede2da.jpg

Last edited:
Luffy wins with relative ease given his future sight. This match can still be added considering Genos starts in ten seconds mode. Luffy just has counters to his vastly superior AP.

If Genos doesn't start with ten seconds mode, then I agree this is a stomp and shouldn't be added.

I can't think of a single wincon for Genos tbh. Bloodlusted doesn't make much of a difference, so I'll vote Luffy.

I can't think of a single wincon for Genos tbh. Bloodlusted doesn't make much of a difference, so I'll vote Luffy.
Well, to be fair, the AP gap between the High 6-A's of OPM and the 6-A's of One Piece is considerable. It's literally like more than a thousand. So Genos will likely only need one powerful attack to kill Luffy, like a single incineration blast. If he does an AOE blast, Luffy's future sight won't be of much help if he can't dodge it in time. No amount of heat resistance can help him survive that. So I guess this isn't a total stomp, but I still think that Luffy would get a hit on Genos before Genos can hit Luffy.

Having vastly superior AP that can one-shot is not a wincon? I have to look into this more if that's not the case. It is just that Luffy has a means to prevent that wincon from happening. I don't know if that means this match can't be added.

Genos does have some homing lasers that spawn from multiple spots on his body, so id say that's his best chance. But luffy's path to one-shotting seems far more likely since anything he does one-shots even without dura neg from haki.

Yea, it should be specified that Genos starts out in Ten-Second Mode. Since he has sensors, he'd probably be able to detect Luffy's unbelievable power, but I still think it's better to just start him out at max power right off the bat to make it more fair and not a total stomp in Luffy's favor.

Yea, it should be specified that Genos starts out in Ten-Second Mode. Since he has sensors, he'd probably be able to detect Luffy's unbelievable power, but I still think it's better to just start him out at max power right off the bat to make it more fair and not a total stomp in Luffy's favor.
Done.

If he does an AOE blast, Luffy's future sight won't be of much help if he can't dodge it in time.
Can't pretend Luffy didn't dodge a point blank liquid explosion by escaping the actual fireball expanding. Luffy's escaped AOE before, even before getting FS and without relying on G2. It won't be too different here.
It is just that Luffy has a means to prevent that wincon from happening. I don't know if that means this match can't be added.
The AP wincon gets negged though by-- well, FS evasion, or just Luffy's nigh-invulnerability if Genos decides to use a physical attack.

Can't pretend Luffy didn't dodge a point blank liquid explosion by escaping the actual fireball expanding. Luffy's escaped AOE before, even before getting FS and without relying on G2. It won't be too different here.

The AP wincon gets negged though by-- well, FS evasion, or just Luffy's nigh-invulnerability if Genos decides to use a physical attack.
Why are y’all debating this? The difference between FTL and MHS+ is incomparable. Genos will be hit with thousands of dura neg punches before he even realizes it.

Why are y’all debating this? The difference between FTL and MHS+ is incomparable. Genos will be hit with thousands of dura neg punches before he even realizes it.
I'm just saying a far slower Luffy DID outrun an explosion's fireball after it detonated. There's no reason current Luffy isn't outrunning other AOEs relative to his base speed via amps.

My vote's staying for Luffy. Genos' chances of even hitting are far slimmer, let alone landing a killing blow.

Having in mind that Genos only has 10 seconds, and his attacks are all blunt, with exception of shokyaku.

He'd have to deal with a Luffy that has an op blunt/trauma resist, when the same can avoid his incineration attacks using future sight(something that Genos can't do nothing about). The conclusion is: Luffy would easily tank Genos' assault for 10 seconds.

And after 10 Second Mode wears off, Genos is done. So one more vote for ma man Luffy, please.

I'm just saying a far slower Luffy DID outrun an explosion's fireball after it detonated. There's no reason current Luffy isn't outrunning other AOEs relative to his base speed via amps.

My vote's staying for Luffy. Genos' chances of even hitting are far slimmer, let alone landing a killing blow.
Luffy fra

This is a clear stomp match. Why are people still voting?
Genos could still theoretically hit Luffy or attack with an AOE which would be more difficult for Luffy to dodge, so Genos does have some wincons, just wincons he likely won't be able to utilize.

I get that, but Luffy's durability compared to Geno's AP during his 10-second mode is just as laughable and ridiculously high, and there's no way he could endure a punch or energy blast from Genos.
How Luffy would not tank a punch from Genos in 10 second mode? Lul, if it's a blunt attack he can tank this with ease, also he can use buso and infuse it with hao to give him a mad durability boost. The energy blast it's questionable, but Luffy can avoid this with Kenbu and even if it hits him, I think it would not be GG, since Luffy has shown a decent resistance to heat in his pre-timeskip versions, just imagine it now that he has a better haki and dura. But yeah, an energy blast would hurt quite a bit indeed, but if Luffy manages to land a single punch(which is plausible since he managed to deal with stronger/faster/more skilled opponents in the past) on Genos then it's a GG, since Genos durability in 10-second mode is just 7-B.

The only hope for Genos would be spamming energy blasts and pray for them hit Luffy. If he goes for hand-to-hand, then he'd be screwed up for the reasons I've already put above(Blunt and 7-B dura), this is a GG for Luffy.

Genos going for a punch in 10 seconds mode would be the equivalent of a wizard amping his magical attacks by 1000000% and then proceeding to try kungfuing his opponents with the staff
Laughed so hard with the comment, but it's exactly this

Btw, I think that Genos' energy blasts won't be that effective too because they're blunt. Luffy could just imbue himself with haki and then jump on the blast to deflect it, just like he does with cannon balls.

Back