• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucy (2014 Film Lucy) vs Cain (DC Comics)

Isn't she smart enough to not slap?

She could also take 7x her own slap, no?

DontTalkDT said:
Isn't she smart enough to not slap?
She could also take 7x her own slap, no?
1. I see no reason as to why she should "know" about Cain's connection to The Presence, but if she does, then she walks away from the fight knowing that it is impossible to defeat Cain.

2. If she can survive, then she gives up on the endeavor of fighting Cain as it is impossible for reasons I've already mentioned. If she doesn't - then she's dead.

Lucy either dies or BFR's herself from the fight when she learns of Cain's divine protection.

1. Mind reading (including memories), would probably give her the knowledge she needs.

2. She can not kill him, but isn't he incapable of killing her either? His offensive capabilities don't seem that devastating according to his profile.

DontTalkDT said:
1. Mind reading (including memories), would probably give her the knowledge she needs.
2. She can not kill him, but isn't he incapable of killing her either? His offensive capabilities don't seem that devastating according to his profile.
He can't kill her. but she would not be able to kill him and likely leave since there is nothing to be done.

Well, she IS a supergenius, so wouldn't alternative winning conditions come to mind?

What stakes does she have in the fight?

What's stopping her from leaving him alone and doing some better things instead of getting into a staring competition for eternity?

DontTalkDT said:
Well, she IS a supergenius, so wouldn't alternative winning conditions come to mind?
Lucifer is a Nigh-Omniscient 1-A and he is terrified of Cain.

There is nothing Lucy is going to be able to do.

Monarch Laciel said:
What stakes does she have in the fight?
What's stopping her from leaving him alone and doing some better things instead of getting into a staring competition for eternity?
Possibly something we could specify in the SBA, but I'm pretty sure mindset is such that characters will not willingly stop the battle. Otherwise many battles wouldn't even happen, cause the characters would just become friends midway...

She could tie them up and wait a day

... Of course there aren't many things tough enough to contain a 9-B and she doesn't know SBA winconditions

So yeah seems like she'd wander off instead

Warren Valion said:
Lucifer is a Nigh-Omniscient 1-A and he is terrified of Cain.

There is nothing Lucy is going to be able to do.
Why is he terrified of Cain? That is the important part.

If it's because Cains protectors would come around and fight him, it wouldn't be relevant for this battle.

It's because hurting Cain means death, plain and simple.

It's as if you walked into a cave and saw a bear.

Would you poke the bear, waking it up and leading up to it eating you? Or would you just walk away?

This is the same situation but on a grander scale.

Attack Reflection (Cain is under the protection of God, possessing a Mark on his forehead indicating that any person who harms him will have that same harm visited upon them sevenfold. Even Lucifer Morningstar didn't dare to harm him when Dream sent him as a messenger. When the Kindly Ones laid waste to the Dreaming, even they wouldn't hurt Cain because of his curse)

So Lucy (The Movie Character, not the Devil) would either attack Cain and die. Or BFR herself away from the fight.

This isn't rocket science.

Yeah, so the 7 times your own attack thing and because the presence protects him. As said, Lucy wouldn't die from her own attack times 7 and the presence can not join the battle as per battle rules. Non the less she couldn't kill him.

Sooooo.... alternative win conditions.

(As said, I believe we assume that characters don't just give up on their own)

ABoogieYesSir said:
Lucy can't kill him right.
Nope, but quite likely incapacitate if you ask me.

Might as well bump this given recent debates.

Mind reading? Didn't Cain had the mark from Dream which makes him resistant to any mental influence?

Of, shit, mother of necro. Sorry.

It's ok. Thread is still relevant.

His profile lists no form of resistance to mental influence.

Also what about this:

Cain is by nature a character that exists more in thought than in reality

Not that i know anything about Cain, just things i remember from fights with him.

I mean... Unknown lifting strength means normal binds may work. Though his dimensional travel might get him out of that.

That said, Lucy is a Supergenius. I have the feeling that she wouldn't have any problem whipping up some incapacitating agent in form of a gas.

Or just mind manip, if Cain really has no resistance.

His dimensional travel is useless for binds as he can't move to escape, as a matter of fact, that happened in canon

So dimensional travel won't work.

Lucy for just uncapping him after realizing she gets hurt I guess, his lack of offensive options kinda mess him up against someone as intelligent and versatile as her.

Back