• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer Morningstar VS The Thought Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndrewBennet said:
DarkHunter89 said:
AndrewBennet said:
Lucifer is actually the great evil beast reincarnation as explained in the current ru
Yeah no sorry, you gotta show use some scans for that.
Dude , Go read the comic . I owe you nothing
If you spout some bulshit about how Lucifer is the reincarnation of what is basically God's dark side, even though in every comic before Lucifer was a direct creation by the Presence and not some reincarnation, yes, you owe it to post something that can be seen as proof.

As much as I disagree with Hykuu, at least he shows some scans unlike you.

@Username12 he asked for a logos feat, and yeah, everything in the monitor sphere, including the montior sphere itself is bound by yahweh's name, which is shown by the fact its STILL inside destiny's book, and Michael was sustaining all of creation and rewriting Yahweh's name within the Logos.

@Dark my bad, I didn't see your comment

"Expect Lucifer isn't beyond death or destiny, this is just straight up bullshit. The reason Death didn't claim him was because he wasn't dead yet. Even when he "omg burned the pages" of Destinys book he still was bound by destiny. "

"Lucifer's Plague, for he is OLDER than the ANGEL OF DEATH, and GREATER"

Death of the Endless was intended to be the Angel of Death within vertigo, it's not like there are any other angels of death within the vertigo context to begin with.

Lucifer himself creates his Own Concept of Death and makes Adam and Eve beyond death's grasp.

Also the already mentioned Sealing he has, making characters beyond death's grasp aswell

And no, it was consistently shown Lucifer escaped his function and the Plan

"I'm Happy to see you here,outside of the PLAN"

"Was this my function, then?
You escaped your function,
that's why I wanted to know you better."

"His jurisdiction ends here, beyond the Gate is all mine
He has no authority to permit or prescribe MY universe"

[https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ZgdIUycvc...AEwzBhnYmasH19xRHueM168lv6vrStXpWUPRbuMKyw=s0 "Actually, Lilith, The Throne is Infinite, Like Lucifer's gate Only part of it extends into creation"]

"I don't have a crisis. I'm telling you, this is a simple courtesy. Yahweh's name is written in every atom of HIS creation. It's the glue which holds reality together" Incase you didn't get what this scan entails, Lucifer's creation itself operates beyond Yahweh's name and intention.

"Only Yahweh's creation, it depends on the Logos -- The Word of God, for it's Existencemy own Cosmos won't be AFFECTED"

I could go on, but I won't, but I could, hope this satisfies you.

Hykuu said:
@Username12 he asked for a logos feat, and yeah, everything in the monitor sphere, including the montior sphere itself is bound by yahweh's name, which is shown by the fact its STILL inside destiny's book, and Michael was sustaining all of creation and rewriting Yahweh's name within the Logos.

@Dark my bad, I didn't see your comment

"Expect Lucifer isn't beyond death or destiny, this is just straight up bullshit. The reason Death didn't claim him was because he wasn't dead yet. Even when he "omg burned the pages" of Destinys book he still was bound by destiny. "

"Lucifer's Plague, for he is OLDER than the ANGEL OF DEATH, and GREATER"

Death of the Endless was intended to be the Angel of Death within vertigo, it's not like there are any other angels of death within the vertigo context to begin with.

Lucifer himself creates his Own Concept of Death and makes Adam and Eve beyond death's grasp.

Also the already mentioned Sealing he has, making characters beyond death's grasp aswell

And no, it was consistently shown Lucifer escaped his function and the Plan

"I'm Happy to see you here,outside of the PLAN"

"Was this my function, then?
You escaped your function,
that's why I wanted to know you better."

"His jurisdiction ends here, beyond the Gate is all mine
He has no authority to permit or prescribe MY universe"

[https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ZgdIUycvc...AEwzBhnYmasH19xRHueM168lv6vrStXpWUPRbuMKyw=s0 "Actually, Lilith, The Throne is Infinite, Like Lucifer's gate Only part of it extends into creation"]

"I don't have a crisis. I'm telling you, this is a simple courtesy. Yahweh's name is written in every atom of HIS creation. It's the glue which holds reality together" Incase you didn't get what this scan entails, Lucifer's creation itself operates beyond Yahweh's name and intention.

"Only Yahweh's creation, it depends on the Logos -- The Word of God, for it's Existencemy own Cosmos won't be AFFECTED"

I could go on, but I won't, but I could, hope this satisfies you.
It's good that at least you post scans, unlike the other guy who just spouts some bullshit without backing it up.

However, Lucifer himsef said in a later run that everything happens because his father wills it, he is never completely outside of his grasp, nothing within the DCU really is. And again Lucifer himself said that everything will cease to exist at the end, this was a statement made directly by him.

But if you want, we can stop now. I must admit that I have a very large bias against Lucifer, as I find his character to be boring and the Mike Carey series I find to be overrated.

Are you talking about Sandman universe? because we have no idea where that chronologically stands in the vertigo continuity, or if its something else I'd apperciate if you post a scan.

Oh well, this doesn't really have to be a debate, we can still discuss some basics about the character, bias really doesn't matter to me in the same way I like lucifer alot

The whole thing is a bit weird to me, seems sometimes that Vertigo and DCU are apart even though they're supposed to be one large multiverse.

Well it's a reaction I have towards the praise the Lucifer series gets, I found it to be very overrated.

JackJoyce said:
Handsome ruler of hell>>Boy scout in red underwear
Cosmis Armor Superman is way more than that, he's a really interesting concept, in my opinion he's way more interesting than the same old "the devil is a handsome antihero" concept.

Hykuu said:
Of course I would provide scans, anyone who actually reads the comics who post scans
"lucifer is a reincarnation of the great evil beast" lmaooo, no idea what that guy was on about
Yeah, I don't either. It's always a big plot point that Lucifer is an archangel that was made by God and not some reincarnation. The fact the other guy doesn't want to show proof, shows me how what he said is bullshit.

DarkHunter89 said:
Cosmis Armor Superman is way more than that, he's a really interesting concept, in my opinion he's way more interesting than the same old "the devil is a handsome antihero" concept.
Still far less boring than the Superman always saves the day concept

I mean, the Thought Robot is literally just Superman stuffed inside a mecha, him having only one appearance doesn't affect his character too much

JackJoyce said:
DarkHunter89 said:
Still far less boring than the Superman always saves the day concept
It's a hero saves the day concept, it could've been another hero as well, but because Superman is the one that portrays hope the best, they chose him. And again, nothing against you, but tell me why Lucifer is that more interesting, because to me he's just a one note devil archetype character.

EmperorRorepme said:
I like more Lucifer than PC Supes anyway.
PC Superman? Post-Crisis Superman? Pre-Crisis Superman? Which one. I'm not saying you have to like Superman, not at all, all I'm saying is that I can't see why people like Lucifer so much.

Yeah, looking at just the scaling alone, Lucifer still shitstomps. Thought Robot was still equal to Mandrakk, who still sits way below Destiny, and Lucifer at worst scales to him and Michael who are near the top tier of 1-A's. Not even going into the fact he has way more experience with 1-A level beings and has consistently shown to be one of the toughest SOB's in DC. Cosmic Armor only has one showing against another similar 1-A being to him and he almost got destroyed, "m-muh adaption" not even really helping all that much.

Also i like CAS, but Lucifer is one of my personal favorite characters in DC/Vertigo and even as a diehard Supes fan i'd say Lucifer is a far more compex and interesting character (Also this isn't a personality contest, it's a fight, so whose more likeable isn't up for debate. Cmon guys you sound like "My dad is cooler than your dad" and it's petty, even for this site.)

Jared1111 said:
Yeah, looking at just the scaling alone, Lucifer still shitstomps. Thought Robot was still equal to Mandrakk, who still sits way below Destiny, and Lucifer at worst scales to him and Michael who are near the top tier of 1-A's. Not even going into the fact he has way more experience with 1-A level beings and has consistently shown to be one of the toughest SOB's in DC. Cosmic Armor only has one showing against another similar 1-A being to him and he almost got destroyed, "m-muh adaption" not even really helping all that much.
Also i like CAS, but Lucifer is one of my personal favorite characters in DC/Vertigo and even as a diehard Supes fan i'd say Lucifer is a far more compex and interesting character (Also this isn't a personality contest, it's a fight, so whose more likeable isn't up for debate. Cmon guys you sound like "My dad is cooler than your dad" and it's petty, even for this site.)
Well, my dad is cooler than yours.

Jared1111 said:
TRS isn't equal to Mandrakk though. Throughout their whole fight it was about TRS growing stronger opposed to Mandrakk and he did.

Eh, they were constantly matching each other throughout the fight, even going as far as to say that they kept adapting to each other. and despite winning, Thought Robot was still damaged beyond repair. so either way he's got limits. (though i guess you could argue that since he already won he had no need to adapt and repair itself, but that's more theory than anything)

I mean, defeating a far above baseline outversal level vampire god that literally shatters apart the very essence of "story" itself isn't exactly a low end or anything, but it's still not Lucifer levels of bullshit.

Jared1111 said:
Yeah Lucifer, so complex that he doesn't change at all throughout his entire series.

Thought Robot probably snaps Lucifer's neck with his foot. The Presence essentially acknowledged that even he had a creator (this being the Overvoid), whereas Lucifer is in turn capable of being annihlated in the blink of The Presence's eye. Thought Robot probably outranks him on the DC Hierarchy and therefore is stronger than him.

tmw all ur shit gets ignored

literally doesn't matter how high you scale CAS cus lucifer just scales higher within the in verse hierarchy

Hykuu said:
tmw all ur shit gets ignored
literally doesn't matter how high you scale CAS cus lucifer just scales higher within the in verse hierarchy
Dude I know, I was just mimicking the way the other guy argues. Writing "x gets stomped lololol" is just stupid.

Oh lmao, yeah I agree, usually it goes in dc threads that "lol X get stomped bcus he stomped this guy who infinitely transcends a infinite hierarchy of endless", it's dumb, the worst part is the lack of scans, and when you ask them for scans, "lol read the comic urself"

Hykuu said:
Oh lmao, yeah I agree, usually it goes in dc threads that "lol X get stomped bcus he stomped this guy who infinitely transcends a infinite hierarchy of endless", it's dumb, the worst part is the lack of scans, and when you ask them for scans, "lol read the comic urself"
Exactly. Someone did that in this thread I believe, it's not only annoying but also a bit childish if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back