• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer Morningstar vs Randolph Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABoogieYesSir said:
But Lucifer is more hax so he has the advantage here, AP advantage always doesn't help here.
Actually, in 1-A battles, AP is basically everything, and hax are as occasional as ever.

The differences between 1-As can be countless levels of infinity, and in this battle, it seems that's the case.

@DMB

Really depends on the hax tho. Demonbane's sealing, Akuto Sai's Plot Manipulation or Tenma Yato's Law [Stopped an attack uncountably infinite levels of infinity more powerful than his own] definitely make a major difference in matches.

In this case, it seems Randolf may be a combo of superior both

Lucifer can make the Void recede (not the entire Void, obviously), which was said to be a Void beyond voids, the empty slate that even outerversal realms are painted on.

It was even said that he was inscribing his will on it

Sounds like maybe a few levels of infinity above baseline, but so is Carter as an Ultimate Archetype. A single gate can have infinite levels of infinity in them, and the ultimate archetypes are past them all in Azathoth's court.

The Void isnt simply above a few levels of infinity, I dare say that the Void is above any levels of outerversal 1-A space (I mean its supposed to represent the paper/canvass the comics are drawn on), Lucifer himself doesnt transcend it (since the Void is High 1-A) but being able to manipulate and cause even an infinitesimal portion of it to recede, also maybe even being able to inscribe his will into it, I think is an impressive feat

Edit: I'm not arguing for Lucifer winning, I dont know much about Cthulhu mythos aside from the fact that it's God is a sleeping spagghetti thing, so I dont know whether Lucifer can beat him or not. I'm just disagreeing with Lucifer being a baseline 1-A, in my opinion, Lucifer is a fairly strong 1-A (though, that might just be me being bias towards DC/Vertigo, but whatever)

Iapitus The Impaler said:
@DMB
Really depends on the hax tho. Demonbane's sealing, Akuto Sai's Plot Manipulation or Tenma Yato's Law [Stopped an attack uncountably infinite levels of infinity more powerful than his own] definitely make a major difference in matches.

In this case, it seems Randolf may be a combo of superior both
Hax that have no proof of working on people who are levels of infinity above you.

Is the Void Overmind or is it not ? Because if the Void in those scans was Overmind... That's a nigh High 1-A feat, even if it was just a portion.

Lucifer via experience and intelligence in comparison to Randolph.

On the gallery of the Monitor-Mind, there's a picture of the Void and how it is infinite even to Lucifer, so I guess we treat it as the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back