• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucifer Morningstar vs Randolph Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMB 1 said:
So, essentially, this is inconclusive?
Sort of, this thread won't be concluded until someone makes a coherent and logical argument.

Also, you should just have let this thread to die off.

MasterOfArda said:
The Everlasting said:
You realize none of those make him stronger than Randolph, right?
This.
Creating a multiverse is by definition High 1-B, and flying through a timeless void is not impressive at all.

That vote makes no sense.
Well, the Void isn't simply a normal timeless void.Being in the Void isn't a baseline 1-A if you exist in the Void you exists beyond all levels of existence and nonexistence

If we've got a scale or level of "Timeless voids" then The Void would be at the highest level, given that it is beyond all existence and non-existence.

In Lucifer, it was shown that anything in the Void would be multiplied into infinity because "something" in the middle of nothing became will the center of focus.This also applies to Creations and also 1-As (Shown when there are multiple versions of Lucifer in the Void), so you can think of the Void as a void beyond voids.

AndrewBennet said:
Lucifer killed 1A entitiy name logoz ( The word of god ) in the original run and is far superior to baseline 1A's in DC which even includes the Source who can create and erase 1A entities .
Mind me for necroing after Sandman's necro, but I think this puts him further above baseline 1-A than Randolph. Unless Randolph has some sort of protection keeping Lucifer from defeating him, or I am misinformed and Randolph is for some reason higher, then Lucifer would win.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
How far above baseline is Randolph as an Archetype?
I'm pretty sure he is the closest you can ever get to being high 1-A without being high 1-A.

So Randolph is more powerful than Haju? Is that what I'm hearing? And The Creator of Regulums?
Ok maybe not that close but still super close considering he he pretty much Yog's right hand man.

He's not "Yog's right hand man" or something like that. He's an Archetype. One closely linked to Yog (who is the "supreme archetype"), but still one of an untold amount.

In layman's terms, he's a "thing" from which all lesser beings in existence are "cut", just as one could cut a square from a cube, a cube from a tesseract, and so on for infinity.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
He's not "Yog's right hand man" or something like that. He's an Archetype. One closely linked to Yog (who is the "supreme archetype"), but still one of an untold amount.
Oh ok, so would that make him one of his fingers?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:

In layman's terms, he's a "thing" from which all lesser beings in existence are "cut", just as one could cut a square from a cube, a cube from a tesseract, and so on for infinity.
That sounds cool. Also I may leave this thread for a while and wait until someone else comes up with a good reason for someone to win.

It sounds to me like he's a degree of infinity above baseline 1-A, though I may be wrong. This would likely make him above Lucifer Morningstar, if that's the correct interpretation, unless there's something about Lucifer that I'm missing.

It sounds to me like he's a degree of infinity above baseline 1-A, though I may be wrong.
That's harder to say, because conceptually, Archetypes are at such a point that just going "I am this much stronger" becomes an irrelevant idea.

They are all mechanisms of a single System. Their roles are different, but they are all interconnected. Some mechanism can include other mechanisms. Their functions differ, but it is not like the difference in power.

As far as I understand, the difference in power comes from different gates, but the nature of archetypes is a bit of a different thing.

Yeah, things get tough, at that point.

When Carter goes through the first Gate, the world of the Ancient Ones functions as some sort of undimensioned higher reality, but after passing through the Ultimate Gate, he instead enters the world of the Archetypes, from which everything is cut.

The story also presents a fundamental difference between just being "undimensioned" and beyond any dimensions man could conceive the idea of, and being completely beyond all conceptions of size, boundaries, and being, as the Archetypes are, and inhabiting a fully immutable world where you view existence as it truly is; an unchanging thing beyond perspective.

The inhabitants of the latter world are played more as ideas than characters. Carter even notes that the conceptions cults of Earth have about Yog-Sothoth are just as fractional and broken as any other, for no limited being could truly describe something of unlimited self.

In short, it's weird.

I know, it was a joke. But seriously, he's "at least Outerversal", and that indicates that he's possibly higher than Outerversal, meaning that he's possibly High Outerversal.

Meanwhile, the undoubtedly second apostate is "restricted" by a boundless , but is still not stronger than regulum. A6colute may answer this, but this is off-topic.

The Overvoid, like I said isn't simply just an undimensioned space, even other Outerversal Realms are nothing when you're in the Overvoid.The Overvoid is beyond everything, it is a pure white emptiness that represents a blank page, not just an undimensioned "space" but the blank page itself

The idea being that the Overvoid ― as we called it in Final Crisis - of the white page as 'a' space- Grant Morrison

Everything, even 1-As, and outerversal realms are just drawings on it.Lucifer may also be a drawing but he is a drawing who can "escape" into that "blank page"

So are we trying to quantify both Lucifer's power and Randolph's power using the fact that they both can go where all things basically originated from after the tier 0 and tier High 1-A(s)?

Everything and nothing origins from both 1-A and High 1-A's, why would archetypes be "special" because they derive from gates who are different systematically, but not powerwise?

It's not really a "who", but more of a "what".

Also, "gates" are not characters. They are just what Carter passes through during Through the Gates of the Silver Key.

So are we trying to quantify both Lucifer's power and Randolph's power using the fact that they both can go where all things basically originated from after the tier 0 and tier High 1-A(s)?
SHAMELESS NECRO (Again...)

Because when Michael, Elaine and Lucifer made their Creation, they didnt just made it on top of the Void, they actually pushed it away , they cause the Void itself to recede

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back