• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LS and weight of a creature

Rikimarox2

He/Him
In light of a recent VS Thread, I was informed that regardless of a creature's weight, if its LS is unknown then anyone would be able to pin it down due to "Standards".

And I frankly think that is absolutely ridiculous.

So as an example, if a character has a weight of 100 tons but an unknown LS, while another Character has an LS of 100 kg, then due to our "Standards" we would assume the character with the known LS would be able to grapple/pin down/not let the character with the weight of 100 tons move.

I don't think I need to explain why this is utter nonsense? Regardless of ones LS, even if its unknown, as long as its weight is known, then any character that fights against it needs to have an LS superior to its weight, regardless of the Unknown LS the former has.

I propose making a rule/note that states that regardless of LS, if a creature has a set weight, then the opponent needs an LS that is similar to that weight in order to grapple/pin it down.

While we wait for that to happen, I'll just say this. Even if the character with higher LS can't lift the opponent for whatever reason, the opponent would still be kinda stuck there because they would still need to be able to overcome the character's Higher LS to prevent themselves from getting stuck.

That would still create problems, no? It would imply that even a 100 meter creature that weighs 500 tons will be stuck by an average human because of its unknown LS.

That would still create problems, no? It would imply that even a 100 meter creature that weighs 500 tons will be stuck by an average human because of its unknown LS.
OK, let's put it like this then. Let's say there's a Kaiju that weighs 10,000 Tons but for some absolutely absurd reason it can't lift anymore than 5 Pounds and it arm wrestles a normal human who can easily lift about 100 pounds. The Kaiju can't overpower the Human and would immediately get pinned because it's Muscles are literally not strong enough to get itself unstuck. Ridiculous example but that's basically what Lugia vs the Rainbow Serpent boils down too.

Yeah, lifting a character with a set weight wouldn't be possible, but pinning it to the ground? To get up from the ground they would need to move their own weight + what the opponent is applying in force. With no feats whatsoever that could be higher than their LS.

if a creature can get up from being knocked to the ground then its LS should be equal to its weight. if you have 5 pound lifting strength while you have 500 pound weight (much like your mother) then you should not be able to move whenever someone tips you over.

if a creature can get up from being knocked to the ground then its LS should be equal to its weight. if you have 5 pound lifting strength while you have 500 pound weight (much like your mother) then you should not be able to move whenever someone tips you over.
I don't think our standards even allow that much otherwise we would be scaling most Godzilla's to their own weight again.

Yeah, lifting a character with a set weight wouldn't be possible, but pinning it to the ground? To get up from the ground they would need to move their own weight + what the opponent is applying in force. With no feats whatsoever that could be higher than their LS.
But what about large characters? Like I know the lack of feats and stuff, but by this logic a human should be able to pin down a 1000 ton kaiju or whatever **** fest those creatures are by simply being on top of it.

If they can walk, they can support at least a fraction of their weight, even if it's negligible.
After all they can take steps can they not? And gravity exists.
How you'd go about getting it exactly, **** if I know, by by virtue, something is feasible.

But what about large characters? Like I know the lack of feats and stuff, but by this logic a human should be able to pin down a 1000 ton kaiju or whatever **** fest those creatures are by simply being on top of it.
Problem is that you always have to move your own weight. You can't lift something with your arm without lifting the arm's weight. Hence LS is always what you can lift in addition to your own bodyweight.
A 200kg person that can walk would for instance not be considered to be able to lift 200kg, because in practice there is no 200kg thing they can lift other than themselves.
They are also not necessarily hard to pin down at all.

Honestly this just seems to be another example of battle boarding rhetoric needlessly making a mountain outta of a mole hill with convoluted blah instead of common sense and simple logic.

Yes I know "lol fiction" is a thing but there are many occasions where trying to make standards more "refined" has had the opposite effect (This Q&A thread in a nutshell). The fact an IRL trained human can pin down any number of fictional characters with unknown LS (regardless of their weight or mass) is laughable at best.

I'm glad this issue was brought to my attention.

How you'd go about getting it exactly, **** if I know, by by virtue, something is
The issue is more about weight-strength efficiency. Like a Gorilla can support its whole weight and lift more on top of that. An elephant could not lift an object that weighs as much as itself due to lacking strength efficiency.

A 1,000 Ton creature may be able to move around but it may not be able to lift near its weight.

Back