• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low quality pages

this is something that has irritated me for a long time. The fact that this wiki has no quality standards for pages causes the creation of many pages that are just... bad. The existence of these pages hurts the enjoyment of this wiki; when i go on Wiki Activity and all i see is a bunch of unfunny garbage it just annoys me, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

EVIDENCE: (No offense to the creators of these pages meant)

SpookyFa

MLPlover2011 (The Return)

SCP-169 (Vs Battles Wiki) (Literally just copy-pasted from vsbattles)

Lollara the ShanLash Woma

My penis

these guys

Fat mom

Mario (SMG4)

most of Sans2345's profiles (i.e. The Quee, Fast Zombie, Rip The Cat, Bowser (Super Smash Bros Melee) , Mew (Pokepark) , etc.)

a lot of other profiles as well

I honestly could not agree with this any more.

This wiki is meant as a place to make memes and just have fun. But when people are busting their synapses over not having "the strongest character", it really shows how far this wiki has fallen from that purpose.

Hell, Alex stopped using this wiki specifically because of these low-quality pages.

I know that this site is meant for joke/troll pages, but that doesn't mean we should just skip out on quality control.

Yeah, rules need to be set for this. Maybe such as the ones below.

Excessive spamming should be banned, as it is not funny. (Excessive meaning the entire profile is just spam. If you wanna be OP, try to be creative about it instead of "Infinity^Infinity^Infinity..." or "This is 0.00000000000000000...1% of its power" for the whole damn page)

You have to have the powers and stats from the Template Page. "Beyond powers and stats" is pretty bad and shows almost no effort was put in.

At least be consistent with the tiers (In the 11-C through 0 tiers, at least). Unless a funny joke is involved in the inconsistency.

I absolutely hate these terrible pages that just spam infinities or memetics over and over in an attempt to look stronger than all the other pages too. I always have ever since the first one of these abominations was made years ago.

However I don't forbid things I personally don't like. I only remove things if they have very objectionable content that might get the site reported to Fandom again.

The whole point of this site was to be more lenient than VS. A place where people could make pages without fear of them getting taken down or having to abide by some strict Tiering System.

As such I don't want to just strike down on pages since I don't think they're funny. Also how would we even go about coming up with a standard of what's "funny enough" for this site? It'd just be a subjective, arbitrary guideline based on the staff's own personal preferences.

Ryukama said:
I absolutely hate these terrible pages that just spam infinities or memetics over and over in an attempt to look stronger than all the other pages too. I always have ever since the first one of these abominations was made years ago.
However I don't forbid things I personally don't like. I only remove things if they have very objectionable content that might get the site reported to Fandom again.

The whole point of this site was to be more lenient than VS. A place where people could make pages without fear of them getting taken down or having to abide by some strict Tiering System.

As such I don't want to just strike down on pages since I don't think they're funny. Also how would we even go about coming up with a standard of what's "funny enough" for this site? It'd just be a subjective, arbitrary guideline based on the staff's own personal preferences.
Well, you're far from the only one here who doesn't like spam pages. All of us here so far want them dealt with in some way.

The fact that these pages are becoming increasingly common and slowly overtaking the more "sane" joke pages should worry us. We've already lost a staff member (Alex) to them, and if this keeps up I fear that we will lose more.

I understand that Joke Battles is meant to be a "loose" version of VS Battles, but being a satire-based wiki is not an excuse to forego page expectations. We still need to establish some degree of quality control, lest this site becomes the next Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Not to be rude, but Alex's pages also had nonstop spam, and he was a big fan of and contributor to the Exaggerated Goku page, which was the first and worst example of this. I'm not sure why he all the sudden wants to quit entirely because of this. Of course I really liked Alex and I'm quite sad if he's really leaving.

We already have guidelines preventing us from being "the next Encycolopedia Dramatica". We are ridiculously PC and kid friendly compared to them. You'll find nowhere even close to the offensive humor or disturbing content here that they have. You can stop fear mongering now.

If people want rules against the infinity spams and leaving pages entirely or almost entirely blank then fine. But I'm not going to go impose strict standards on the site or delete something that I personally don't think is funny. This site is for everyone, not just me.

Eternal figure said:
Logan used to be a good page but people kept editing him and making him more spammy
Yeah, honestly if you want the old Logan back, go to the History of the page, find the moment before if became spam, and copy-paste it back on to the original page

I feel like we need to bring Tiers back, in a way that actually matter

Yeah I made a really crappy spam page before (TOATOATOATOATOATOATOA) I kind of feel like deleting it since it really doesn't matter to me at all, I hadnt even looked at the page in weeks

Ainex234 said:
this is something that has irritated me for a long time. The fact that this wiki has no quality standards for pages causes the creation of many pages that are just... bad. The existence of these pages hurts the enjoyment of this wiki; when i go on Wiki Activity and all i see is a bunch of unfunny garbage it just annoys me, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

EVIDENCE: (No offense to the creators of these pages meant)

SpookyFa

MLPlover2011 (The Return)

SCP-169 (Vs Battles Wiki) (Literally just copy-pasted from vsbattles)

Lollara the ShanLash Woma

My penis

these guys

Fat mom

Mario (SMG4)

most of Sans2345's profiles (i.e. The Quee, Fast Zombie, Rip The Cat, Bowser (Super Smash Bros Melee) , Mew (Pokepark) , etc.)

a lot of other profiles as well
Lets not forget about Orror SANESS (Eggagerated)

Drag-O-Drawgon said:
I think we should set a few rules for quality control. Not necessarily strict ones, but at least some rules, so we can control the abominations better.
I can agree with this. Hopefully Julian and Mega can help with writing and enforcing the exact guidelines.

Ok. Let me try to get a first few down.

• 1. No excessive spam (such as "Infinity^Infinity^Infinity...")
  • 2. Template page must be used. Mainly because pages like MLPlover2011 (The Return) seems way too lazy like it is.
  • 3. The Memetic tier cannot be written on page who's character isn't actually a meme.

Huge nos on 2 and 3. The entire point of this site is that people don't have to abide by the strict Tiering System or guidelines set by VS.

A page like that would get removed for having too little content.

@Julian Thanks. But I definitely say no to having to abide to the Tiering System. Rule number 2 should be rewritten to having enough content and not just leaving your page blank or almost blank.

Okay so how about this?

Rule Number 1: Try to refrain from excessive spamming when creating a profile, as it makes the page almost unreadable (Excessive meaning the entire profile is just spam. If you want to create an overpowered character, try to be creative about it instead of having your character have a power of "Infinity^Infinity^Infinity..." or saying that "This is 0.00000000000000000...1% of its power")

Rule Number 2: When creating profiles, try to have enough content written on it without resorting to spamming, and not just leaving the page blank, or almost blank

What other guidelines should we set up?

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
Okay so how about this?
Rule Number 1: Try to refrain from excessive spamming when creating a profile, as it makes the page almost unreadable (Excessive meaning the entire profile is just spam. If you want to create an overpowered character, try to be creative about it instead of having your character have a power of "Infinity^Infinity^Infinity..." or saying that "This is 0.00000000000000000...1% of its power")

Rule Number 2: When creating profiles, try to have enough content written on it without resorting to spamming, and not just leaving the page blank, or almost blank

What other guidelines should we set up?
Regarding Rule Number 1. What about the Alpha profiles? Like Alex's profiles? they had a great amount of spam to a certain extent, will their profiles be godfathered or certain profiles that are spammy will be kept since its been around for such a significant amount of time?

Ainex234 said:
Drag-O-Drawgon said:
  • 3. The Memetic tier cannot be written on page who's character isn't actually a meme.
I kinda object to this one. there are some good pages that use memetic even though they're not memes. a lot of profiles just use memetic tier to mean 'really strong' rather than actually needing to be a meme
I'd rather see memetic tier for the strongest characters as opposed to "So far beyond Tiers that we cant even comprehend even the smallest Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^Infinity^ of his downplayed power" the worst part about that is that I think I'm the one that started that godawful trend

Oh and what about pages that are primerily copy-pasted from other pages, (Like Anub'Arak)

Eternal figure said:
While i don't like the spam, I don' think we should put a hard power limit like that, if we were going to use a her limit like that then we should just use the finite limit from vs battles of topping out at 0, which is an idea I hate
I suppose you're right, but atleast something creative for the Tier, as opposed to just spamming Infinity's

First, These types of pages should not be banned, only discouraged. If we start banning them, who knows what measures we might take to stop pages that have actual meaning in them other than just being overpowered.

In order to deem a powerful character "acceptable" (as there is no true criteria here to determine a good page from not, The reasons as to why a character is powerful must be looked at. Take a look at blastoise, he utilizes his power to enforce a twisted idelogy that makes everyone angry at him rather than worship him.

I'm not saying that powerful characters need a story drive, but I am saying this.

Not only characters, but every piece of text we read exists to persuade, inform, or entertain, and on that note, some people will find creating a page just for a character to be worshipped as a form of entertainment, but if you are trying to be serious, then don't joke around with the profile at al.

While a profile can and may serve more than one purpose, the user must show a clear distinction on which words are serious, which ones are funny, and which are both, and for what reasons, in order to prevent drama such as this.

I just feel as if things need to be original. To much spam, almost no text at all, and just copy and paste are all unoriginal.

Megamangohan said:
First, These types of pages should not be banned, only discouraged. If we start banning them, who knows what measures we might take to stop pages that have actual meaning in them other than just being overpowered.
In order to deem a powerful character "acceptable" (as there is no true criteria here to determine a good page from not, The reasons as to why a character is powerful must be looked at. Take a look at blastoise, he utilizes his power to enforce a twisted idelogy that makes everyone angry at him rather than worship him.

I'm not saying that powerful characters need a story drive, but I am saying this.

Not only characters, but every piece of text we read exists to persuade, inform, or entertain, and on that note, some people will find creating a page just for a character to be worshipped as a form of entertainment, but if you are trying to be serious, then don't joke around with the profile at al.

While a profile can and may serve more than one purpose, the user must show a clear distinction on which words are serious, which ones are funny, and which are both, and for what reasons, in order to prevent drama such as this.

I just feel as if things need to be original. To much spam, almost no text at all, and just copy and paste are all unoriginal.
I think the only thing that should be banned is profiles that copy-paste from other profiles, the rest is fine (Although I do think it should be discouraged)

Back