• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Hopefully we can just get this over with soon, I really don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Does Low-Godly Regen, on its own, with no other apilities, allow you to regen the mind, soul, or other non-physical forms?

Essentially, if you can regen your physical body from your soul, can you come back from mind manipulation?

It depends from what it has shown.

Low-Godly only really help if something is destroyed tho, it's useless against mind control and similar stuff

Basically, when the body is destroyed the character is reduced to a non-corporeal form that is capable to regenerate a body, or in some cases possesses one. You destroy the non-corporeal form, and its not going to regenerate.

For anyone wondering Dargoo and I went back and forth on regenerating specifically from your soul

There are characters like those I mentioned above, who have Low Godly without their soul

Low-Godly, on it's definition we have, specifies physical destruction.

Coming back from non-physical destruction is Mid-Godly.

That's not what we were talking about tho.

We talked about Low Godly without needing a soul

Non physical destruction of your soul won't kill you if you regen from your mind

Gargoyle One said:
That's not what we were talking about tho.
We talked about Low Godly without needing a soul
We were talking about using Low-Godly to come back from soul/mind destruction.

Coming back from physical + soul or mind destruction is Mid-Godly.

But if your Low-Godly is mind based, and you have no soul regen feats, you can't assume soul regen.

Again, our definition specifies physical destruction.

Then it's not even Low Godly to begin with, but it is.

?

It's what we define Low-Godly as.

I'm asking what we define Low-Godly as.

If you have an issue with it, make a CRT.

Dargoo Faust said:
Coming back from non-physical destruction is Mid-Godly.
Not necessarily. Only if you were completely erased.

Your mind remaking your body and soul is still Low-Godly

Welp, I have no character in mind that can regen from its mind (not counting Reliant Immortality), and mind/conciousness/soul in linked in several verses, unless is not a "living" being (like Digimon I'm guessing).

Kaltias said:
However, if you have Low-Godly, and you have no other non-physical destruction recovery feats, we shouldn't assume they can come back from soul/mind destruction. That's what I'm asking.

THANK YOU

We should probably specify that on the Regenerationn page, as that's not what the definition implies.

?

It's what we define Low-Godly as.

I'm asking what we define Low-Godly as.

If you have an issue with it, make a CRT.

We define it as regenerating from a Non-Corporal essence for the IDEK what time.

You can have your mind regenerate your body or your soul, you don't need both

The examples above with the two characters show that

Antoniofer said:
Welp, I have no character in mind that can regen from its mind (not counting Reliant Immortality), and mind/conciousness/soul in linked in several verses, unless is not a "living" being (like Digimon I'm guessing).
Touhou Project

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical Destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, or something else.

Change to "complete physical destruction or partial non-physical destruction"

Otherwise our definition is not matching with how we actually apply it.

Gargoyle One said:
We define it as regenerating from a Non-Corporal essence for the IDEK what time.
Yet it specifies physical destruction.

Read the definition. It should be changed to be more clear if that's not actually how we apply it.

Dargoo Faust said:
However, if you have Low-Godly, and you have no other non-physical destruction recovery feats, we shouldn't assume they can come back from soul/mind destruction. That's what I'm asking.
No we wouldn't assume that your mind can remake your soul without mechanics or explanations or feats backing it up.

Ok, let me undestand, if you have Low-Godly via mind, and both body and soul is destroyed (difficult scenario personally), one can regenerate the body but unable to regen the soul, that's is what are you implying or I'm just lost? Refering to Dargoo

Kaltias said:
No we wouldn't assume that your mind can remake your soul without mechanics or explanations or feats backing it up.
Exactly what I'm saying.

I was arguing against someone who was saying "they have Low-Godly so they can regen soul", which in of itself is incorrect without evidence or feats.

I don't see how "regenerating from physical destruction" and "regenerating from a non-corporeal part of you" are contradictory.

Yet it specifies physical destruction.

Read the definition. It should be changed to be more clear if that's not actually how we apply it.

Yes.

Your mind or soul can regenerate a body that's been completely physically destroyed

I've read it.

Antoniofer said:
Ok, let me undestand, if you have Low-Godly via mind, and both body and soul is destroyed (difficult scenario personally), one can regenerate the body but unable to regen the soul, that's is what are you implying or I'm just lost? Refering to Dargoo
Yes.

Low-Godly, as we define it, only covers physical destruction. So we should change that if that's not how we apply it.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I don't see how "regenerating from physical destruction" and "regenerating from a non-corporeal part of you" are contradictory.
You're bae

Then why are you saying the definition implies that they can regen from partial non-physical destruction?

I think one imply regenerating the body as long soul/mind still exist; meanwhile the other is regenerate soul/mind/body as long one of those exist.

Because we only say physical, and say nothing of non-physical outside of Mid. I'm asking for three or four words to make that more clear.

Kaltias said:
^^^^^^ This ^^^^^

I mean, it's kind of explained in the Mid-Godly.

If Mid-Godly needs total erasure, Low-Godly covers the stuff below

Kaltias said:
I mean, it's kind of explained in the Mid-Godly.
If Mid-Godly needs total erasure, Low-Godly covers the stuff below
Alright. Adding three or four words "partial non-physical destruction" would really help, though.

Gargoyle One said:
The characters I mentioned can do exactly that tho,
I wasn't arguing that.

I was arguing what our base is for Low-Godly.

Which doesn't cover that.

Not talking about people above or below the baseline.

You can't say "Character A has Low-Godly, therefore they can regen their soul with their mind" if they have no such feats but have Low-Godly.

I explained our basis.

And as Kal said, it's explained in the Mid Godly section when it comes to total Erasure

This is just a misunderstanding, the definition is fine

Yeah, we already have what I said confimed and answered, the baseline for Low-Godly doesn't cover Soul/Mind destruction.

Characters with Soul/Mind destruction regen feats without total non-physical destruction regen are still in Low-Godly, but that is not the baseline for it.

I feel like adding three words to the definition would help make a misunderstanding like this happen less.

Back