• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2C Tournament (Round 1 Match 1) : Marisa Kirisame VS Sally Acorn

What does Sally start with? Im sure that Marisa is usually open to a spell card on the first thing in battle, AKA danmaku. And I mean thousands of bullet hell.

I think Marisa has the edge in the AP because she inadvertently Almost murdered Seiga by accident, who is a Hermit, and it has been stated that Hermits are easily able to make otherworlds easily.

While Sally Acorn is Low 2C via Powerscaling

Marisa also has danmaku, which will make a big difficult to sally

Removing the sword would be more fair. But then, it wouldn't really be a fight anymore since Sally will just be a haxless baseline Low 2-C against other characters.

I knew the 2-A shenanigans would've come up eventually; you can't remove standard equipment from a character but none of the characters in the tournament can effectively counter 2-A power-null/absorption.

Meh. ƒÿÆ I kinda hate how absolute we treat Absorption. Even though Sally still can reasonably die if she gets one shotted because she is baseline Low 2-C cause of scaling.

ElixirBlue said:
Meh. ƒÿÆ I kinda hate how absolute we treat Absorption. Even though Sally still can reasonably die if she gets one shotted because she is baseline Low 2-C cause of scaling.
Don't get me wrong I like Sally's character (Blaze is the better princess tho :p) but thought based 2-A power absorption/null in a low 2-C tournament is the definition of a "smurf" aka overly haxy.

Either way it doesn't matter, restricting standard equipment kinda invalidates this match (according to the rules).

If Sally is considered to be too haxy then there are 2 choices:

1. Sally stomps this one and move on to the next round

2. Sally gets disqualified for being too haxy

It's up to you guys, but I'm leaning toward the 2nd choice since it will affect the other matches if Sally gets to move on.

I'd say Sally stomps and move on.

I can already see Fluttershy's Stare Hax being quicker.

She has a better hax than others but is baseline Low 2-C. Someone with a faster Hax could beat her. Fluttershy has that in this tournament.

Also I thought we're allowed to restrict the SoA? Since Sally had a match where she did not have the SoA and the match was added until her opponent got upgraded to 2-A.

Is using the sword to absorb the opponent's energy (and the opponent is not evil) is in character?

In character for the sword, which can possess Sally at any time.

The Opponent's morality Alignment doesn't effect the sword, as the sword is made of the materials of the multiverse, while Sally herself is not and the sword offers no resistance, except can revert Transmutation and Biological Manipulation and restore willpower.

I still feel Sally with the sword will make the battles unfair I do not see how any other character in the tournament could defeat her I thought I could make Sally fight without the sword, so I accepted her in the first place

I really wanted to wait till the match ups but:

• Sally isn't the only one with stomps in this tournament
  • Dark Dragon's instant Void Manipulation could do Sally in
  • Fluttershy's stare is faster than a thought since Fluttershy is already looking at Sally
Don't single out Sally

Honestly this would've been avoided if the OP was much clearer on what "overly haxy" ment in the context of the tournament, even have ONE smurf (passive/thought based/instant) character can effectively ruin a tournament.

I know it's Lord JJJ's first tournament (heck I still can't navigate this site properly) but in hindsight actually checking each character's profile before adding them to the tournament would've helped.

Back