• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord Kavpeny returns as a bureaucrat for this site

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
After talking in private with Lord Kavpeny for around a week, I have managed to convince him to return as the bureaucrat taking over the overall organisation duties for this wiki after I leave.

Due to persisting problems in real life at present, he will only be able to handle the bureaucrat work itself. Meaning: Site growth and development, staff appointments, settling staff disputes, etcetera.

He will unfortunately not be able to be active for more than two hours a day, likely around 04:30 GMT.

The rest of the work-load will still have to be shared between the other Admins and Moderators.

Also, as I have mentioned several times previously, due to burnout from overwork here, stress from other sources, and needing to focus on and handle various real world problems, I will try to mostly retire from active duty in a few days.

However, I have severe OCD, so it may be very hard for me to stop, even though doing so would be best for me on a personal level.

I have prepared the wiki for my absence by appointing lots of staff members, and I hope that they will all do their best to collaborate both with Lord Kavpeny and each other to share the required work to keep this wiki running.

Thank you very much, Antvasima.

Like you said, I will be depending on the Admins and Moderators to keep monitoring site edits, and regulating forums, and will be mostly focused on bureaucrat duties. I will likely be unable to take up any Admin or Moderator work-load.

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to become a bureaucrat at VS Battles wiki. I am glad to return to the wiki, and look forward to the community's support.

Also, I am personally sorry to see you leave, Antvasima. Let me assure you though, nobody deserves it more than you, my friend.

WELCOME BACK.....

Edit: Whoa that was a close one... QK nearly beat me to it...

@Antvasima: Just as Lord Kavpeny said it is sad that you'll be leaving soon... but hey I'm sure we'll still see each around. It's never a "Goodbye" it's always a "See ya later".

But you have my sincerest thanks for all the time and effort you've put into this site....

Lord Kavpeny said:
Thank you very much, Antvasima.
Like you said, I will be depending on the Admins and Moderators to keep monitoring site edits, and regulating forums. I will be mostly focused on bureaucrat duties. I will likely be unable to take up Admin or Moderator work.

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to become a bureaucrat at VS Battles wiki. I am glad to return to the wiki, and look forward to the community's support.
Welcome Back LK!

@Lord Kavpeny Thank you for the kind words, and welcome back. I am very glad that you will be able to help keep the torch aflame in my stead.

Man i wish i had joined the wiki earlier so i could've known y'all guys better(never really used my other account much)

Y'all seem like great guys.

And welcome back Kavpeny.

@SchutzenDunkelZiel1217: Seems like you were the one to welcome me back first as well, SDZ ;)

@Quincy King: Hey man. Glad to be back.

@Rib78: Thank you.

@CHILLVIBEZZ: Thanks man.

@Skodwarde The Almighty: Thanks.

@EliminatorVenom: Thank you for the warm welcome! :D

@Darkness552: I appreciate the welcome, my friend.

@J.J. Chambers: Thanks a lot, man.

@DarkLK: ð▒ð¥ð╗ÐîÐêð¥ðÁ Ðüð┐ð░Ðüð©ð▒ð¥ (Did I get that right?)

@The Living Tribunal1: Thank you dude.

@CrossverseCrisis: Sup, Cross. Glad to see you alive and kicking :D

@The Everlasting: Thank you for your kind words.

@A6colute: Thank you :)

Any note on when you are leaving, Antvasima? It sounds like the day is coming closer and closer, and it would cause issues if you just left unexpectedly.

In a few days most likely. I have dragged it out a lot given Lord Kavpeny's previous leave, appointing new staff members, and letting them get used to their new positions, but I am extremely exhausted, my focus and judgement are very off, my friends and family keep telling me to stop, and I urgently have to deal with various important real life issues. I am not capable of continuing much more.

However, I am just one person. If everybody that I have appointed split up the work between them (the admins monitoring page edits, and the moderators dealing with discussions for example) they should be able to make up for my absence.

In addition, Lord Kavpeny and DarkLK are still here, able to appoint new admins and moderators from the most useful members.

Antvasima said:
In a few days most likely. I have dragged it out a lot given Lord Kavpeny's previous leave, appointing new staff members, and letting them get used to their new positions, but I am extremely exhausted, my focus and judgement are very off, my friends and family keep telling me to stop, and I urgently have to deal with various important real life issues. I am not capable of continuing much more.
However, I am just one person. If everybody that I have appointed split up the work between them (the admins monitoring page edits, and the moderators dealing with discussions for example) they should be able to make up for my absence.

In addition, Lord Kavpeny and DarkLK are still here, able to appoint new admins and moderators from the most useful members.
1) As bad as it is for me to say this to you Ant, it really is best that you have to stop at some point. I mean i'm sure you love taking care of this site and whatnot(i really have bad choice of words here, i know and i apologize), but you do really have to take a break or vacation or something lest you wanna die from overstress....i could most likely get a ban from saying something like that, right??

2) That is definitely a good plan for all the remaining admins and moderators, Ant. Very good one, indeed.

No, you are just being nice. Why would I ban anybody over something like that, especially a staff member?

@Antvasima. Listen to me man. I actually administrate 18(one of which is EXTREMELY stressful) Facebook groups so i know your stress. Listen to your family and friends. Take some time off.

You have a great team of moderators, administrators, calc guys, and cleanup crew. Have faith in them.

Antvasima said:
No, you are just being nice. Why would I ban anybody over something like that, especially a staff member?
IDEK. I just have have bad choices of whatever i'm trying to say, that's all.

Back