• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • It is now possible for our members to pay for Supporter memberships that are free from advertisements.

It is also very appreciated if regular visitors help with financing our community by making donations.

Please click here to learn more.

Lord Boros Speed Issue still hasn't been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CRT ended so why is this headcanon nonsense still on his profile? Again for a thousandth time, none of what is stated on his profile is supported by linked scans:
At least Relativistic+ (Faster than before. Used his latent energy to generate an aura around himself and others that can move them at near lightspeed)
Also, the translation is wrong and misleading, this is official translation.
I'll have to explain it again, so new people might see the issue.
Boros's profile states that his energy moves everything it coats into at near Light Speed, but that isn't what the source actually states. It states:
"I basically resolved the whole question of heat friction by wrapping him in Boros's Energy while he was being launched near the speed of light"
Nowhere does this state that Boros's energy moves everything it's wrapped in at near SOL, it says that he reduced the friction via Boros's energy, big difference.
Saitama was launched into the Moon with the Force, not the energy that magically carried him to the moon, the energy only reduced the friction.

Also, looking at his profile I think there's been a mistake while editing:
Durability: Small Country level+, likely far higher | At least Country level+, likely far higher | Country level, likely far higher
Striking Strength: Small Country Class+, likely far higher | At least Small Country Class+, likely far higher | Country Class, likely far higher

Someone missed "Small" in his durability section.

Last edited:
I don't think I'll give input here as I'm not familiar with how the Rel+ thing worked. But the "small" thing is an editing mistake on my part, I'll fix it later on

The CRT ended so why is this headcanon nonsense still on his profile? Again for a thousandth time, none of what is stated on his profile is supported by linked scans.
At least Relativistic+ (Faster than before. Used his latent energy to generate an aura around himself and others that can move them at near lightspeed)
1. People agreed to these changes
2. There is a calc and got it at 75-90% speed of light (which is rel+)

You may disagree with the rating, but you have to proof of him not being rel+. We have been giving you all the proof you need, but you keep either ignoring it, or saying the same things that don't help your case. "headcannon," and, "nonsense". Can you tell us how its nonsense and your proof?

Yeah, it was agreed that:
  1. Aura comes from Boros' body.
  2. Aura can launch targets at relativistic speeds.
  3. Boros scales to aura.

3. Boros scales to aura.
the justification for number 3 comes from the manga databook "Using the energy from his body as a propelling force he is able to surpass his limits and achieve extreme speeds, delivering meteoric levels of destructive power"

3. Boros scales to aura.
And your agreement is irrelevant when your argument is based on personal headcanon.
Basically, you are wrong.
Again I repeat, it is wrong and must be removed!

And your agreement is irrelevant when your argument is based on personal headcanon.
Basically, you are wrong.
Again I repeat, it is wrong and must be removed!
BaMMAIt_59vAtaIVoY7xWT9hKWErF-ZIh52ydfCfhnWIN62ayvV9fQY5BH7CkbUqW5THzLjG60Z258uTCfM1ICTmgK9q6oyG7b551UWBn98lm5gv0qxTSbtN6lhj2F0HA0fvZFyDk4C9Ug

I don't appreciate memes, especially images this big on a CRT.
Delete it if you can.

Where did you get this "official translation" from?
Mangasee.
Also you cannot just say "My headcanon is that your argument is headcanon, so you are wrong".
I can and I will say it as many times as I wish.
The justification is a lie. Nothing it says was mentioned in the manga or by the author.
It's not a vague theory with many interpretations thats up to opinions.

Mangasee.

I can and I will say it as many times as I wish.
The justification is a lie. Nothing it says was mentioned in the manga or by the author.
It's not a vague theory with many interpretations thats up to opinions.
"I can and I will say it as many times as I wish."
"I don't appreciate memes, especially images this big on a CRT."
🤔

Also, how it Mangasee the "official translation"?

Why is this being brought up again? Slacjow hasn’t brought anything new to the table, just old, previously addressed arguments and reasonings. Isn’t this against the rules?

well yes I used to read bleach and Khr on manga see and Mangalife cuz both were accurate, idk about one punch man tho
fuck auto correct

You didn’t debunk it. Your arguments were addressed.
No they weren't addressed, you can go and check the thread, and if you find any reply that debunked what I said you can post it here.
There's literally nothing that supports the interpretation thats on Boros's profile right now.

Duedate8898

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Well checking with Viz publishing the scan that Slacjow provided is from the official manga.

However, the second scan seems to be a translation and explanation that corroborates the speed and the final one is a calc for saitama's speed. So I can see the calc getting removed if need be, but in this instance, it looks like the speed is supported.

Has the translation for the second scan been deemed unreliable somewhere?

All you really said is that the energy didn’t move Saitama, not that Boros wouldn’t be at that speed. Either way, This isn’t an issue with the speed itself, it’s just a change of the wording of the justification.

It's like I mentioned, Boros kick speed >>> speed at which Saitama was launched.
But the question is why in the justification.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
I think it's best overall if we take a raw Japanese translation and have some English to Japanese translator expert do the work. But I pretty much agree that "Near lightspeed" statement could be hyperbolic.

Well checking with Viz publishing the scan that Slacjow provided is from the official manga.

However, the second scan seems to be a translation and explanation that corroborates the speed and the final one is a calc for saitama's speed. So I can see the calc getting removed if need be, but in this instance, it looks like the speed is supported.

Has the translation for the second scan been deemed unreliable somewhere?
The speed of Saitama's flight was indeed near SOL.
The issue here is how we give Boros that speed. His profile states that his energy supposedly moves things at the speed of light. Well, it doesn't, and no scan linked supports that opinion.

The speed of the kick is indeed near the speed of light.
The issue here is how we give Boros that speed. His profile states that his energy supposedly moves things at the speed of light. Well, it doesn't, and no scan linked supports that opinion.
That’s not an issue with the speed, that’s the justification. That’s an easy change.

I think it's best overall if we take a raw Japanese translation and have some English to Japanese translator expert do the work. But I pretty much agree that "Near lightspeed" statement could be hyperbolic.
I don't have issue with near Light Speed, my issue is how we scale it to Boros's Speed. His profile states that his energy supposedly moves things at the speed of light. Well, it doesn't, and no scan linked supports that opinion.

That’s not an issue with the speed, that’s the justification. That’s an easy change.
It's not so easy, I don't think people here agree scaling Saitama's flight speed in vacoom to Boros's attack speed.
I may be wrong.

Duedate8898

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
The speed of Saitama's flight was indeed near SOL.
The second scan on that profile has someone (I assume from the wiki) translate text from japanese into english explaining that the aura Boros produces allows him to launch Saitama at near light speeds. I assume that's why Boros is given Relativistic+

The second scan on that profile has someone (I assume from the wiki) translate text from japanese into english explaining that the aura Boros produces allows him to launch Saitama at near light speeds. I assume that's why Boros is given Relativistic+
Actually no, I addressed that in the latest thread.
That statement doesn't say that Boros's Aura launches Saitama at near SOL, it states that Boros's Energy Reduced the friction in the atmosphere so Saitama's clothes don't burn.

As I mentioned, we can use Newtonian mechanics for this, however, we cannot use this for relativistic speeds, but it still serves as a basis since the thing depends exclusively on the weight.

For example, we know that Boros launched Saitama with only one leg. If Boros' leg was 100kg, her speed would be less, if her leg was 70kg, her speed would be the same and as his leg is lighter, the speed is greater.

There’s also the statement about the energy having “repulsive force”, no? Doesn’t that support the notion that the energy had a part in it?

Also, I don’t see why it has to be black or white. If the energy has repulsive force, it very easily could just be that he got flung at that speed because of the energy, and didn’t have friction as well because of the energy, when both are stated.

Actually no, I addressed that in the latest thread.
That statement doesn't say that Boros's Aura launches Saitama at near SOL, it states that Boros's Energy Reduced the friction in the atmosphere so Saitama's clothes don't burn.
Interestingly enough, it also said Boros launched Saitama at near-lightspeed. You just gotta look real closely.

As I mentioned, we can use Newtonian mechanics for this, however, we cannot use this for relativistic speeds, but it still serves as a basis since the thing depends exclusively on the weight.

For example, we know that Boros launched Saitama with only one leg. If Boros' leg was 100kg, her speed would be less, if her leg was 70kg, her speed would be the same and as his leg is lighter, the speed is greater.
If you are planning a CRT, you can prepare it and do one after this.
Interestingly enough, it also said Boros launched Saitama at near-lightspeed. You just gotta look real closely.
I don't argue about that, I don't care if Boros launched him at MFTL+++ speeds, I am arguing against the notion that his energy wrapped in Saitama and boosted his speed to SOL.
The Force of Boros's Kick carried Saitama to the Moon, not the Energy as is stated on the profile.

That same energy is explicitly stated in both the manga and the databook to provide Boros with his "meteoric power" and his heightened speed.

We can use type:

At least Relativistic+ (Kicked Saitama to the moon near the speed of light, according to Newtonian mechanics, for Boros to launch Saitama with only one leg, his speed would have to be greater than how he was launched.)

That same energy is explicitly stated in both the manga and the databook to provide Boros with his "meteoric power" and his heightened speed.
The same energy was stated to boost Boros's speed, not the speed of anything that it coats into.
You can't prove your opinion because there's no actual statements supporting it, I already looked over it many times.
Oh, so you're just trying to argue that the description be changed?
Not just the description, the way he got the speed, because current justification relies on that "his energy can move stuff at SOL". You can't change the description so it could fit him, we have to give him new justification for Rel+, and if there's none, he loses it.
Unless USK's proposal gets accepted.

The same energy was stated to boost Boros's speed, not the speed of anything that it coats into.
You can't prove your opinion because there's no actual statements supporting it, I already looked over it many times.
Other than the statement that says Boros’ energy has a repulsive force.

There’s also the statement about the energy having “repulsive force”, no? Doesn’t that support the notion that the energy had a part in it?

Also, I don’t see why it has to be black or white. If the energy has repulsive force, it very easily could just be that he got flung at that speed because of the energy, and didn’t have friction as well because of the energy, when both are stated.
You should probably address what I said.

Duedate8898

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Not just the description, the way he got the speed, because current justification relies on that "his energy can move stuff at SOL". You can't change the description so it could fit him, we have to give him new justification for Rel+, and if there's none, he loses it.
Unless USK's proposal gets accepted.
I don't think that's how it is. At least it doesn't look like that, if he's shown physically moving someone at Relativistic speeds then he would naturally be rewarded that speed as well, especially since he's shown using a physical attack to do so. So the current rating sounds accurate and is only in need of change in description.

That's how I see it at least.

Other than the statement that says Boros’ energy has a repulsive force.
Sure, the statements says he uses his energy as propulsive force to enhance his body. Quoting word by word:
"Meteoritic burst achieves the speed beyond the bodies limit by releasing internal energy as propulsive force".
See? He enhances his body with his energy and uses it as a propulsive force for his body. Never is it stated that his energy moves everything it coats into at SOL.
I don't think that's how it is. At least it doesn't look like that, if he's shown physically moving someone at Relativistic speeds then he would naturally be rewarded that speed as well, especially since he's shown using a physical attack to do so. So the current rating sounds accurate and is only in need of change in description.

That's how I see it at least.
I don't think we grant speed to characters if they send someone flying with a punch, unless they intercept that character mid flight.
It's a strength feat, and it's not something Boros can do casually, Moon Kick used a lot of energy.

Why would the energy propel his body at those speeds, but not other things it comes in contact with, if it’s the same energy with the same propulsive force?

Why would the energy propel his body at those speeds, but not other things it comes in contact with, if it’s the same energy with the same propulsive force?
Because you have to prove that? I don't decide that, you have to prove that his energy carries everything its wrapped in at SOL, I don't need to prove it doesn't.
Anime characters use energy to enhance themselves all the time.
It's like you are giving a character an ability that has never been stated.

The impulse is equal to the momentum variation of a body (Qf - Qi). Saitama weighs 70kg, and was launched at 100 m / s
I = Qf - Qi
I = (100 m / s * 70) - (0)
I = 7000 kg.m / s

Here, the momentum is nothing more than the amount of movement that Boros' leg had when kicking Saitama.
Assuming your leg is 25kg.
Q = mv
7000 kg.m / s = 25 * v
25v = 7000 kg.m / s
v = 7000 kg.m / s / 25
v = 280 m / s

About 2.8x higher

Because you have to prove that? I don't decide that, you have to prove that his energy carries everything its wrapped in at SOL, I don't need to prove it doesn't.
I don’t see how the scans already there DON’T prove it. Logically, if the energy has propulsive force and the energy also stuck to Saitama, the conclusion should be that the energy played a part in it. Just because there’s a statement that the energy removed friction, it doesn’t mean the energy lost it’s propulsive force when that’s not shown to be the case.
Anime characters use energy to enhance themselves all the time.
That’s a false equivalency, this is entirely it’s own situation. This means nothing.
It's like you are giving a character an ability that has never been stated.
It’s very blatant in the feat and description of the energy, though.

I don’t see how the scans already there DON’T prove it. Logically, if the energy has propulsive force and the energy also stuck to Saitama, the conclusion should be that the energy played a part in it. Just because there’s a statement that the energy removed friction, it doesn’t mean the energy lost it’s propulsive force when that’s not shown to be the case.
I read the manga and I don't remember Boros saying "My energy can move things at SOL", if I am not mistaken he said "My body achieves the speed beyond its limits", not Saitama's body, Boros's body.
You are repeating redundant headcanon you can't prove, the manga doesn't prove, Murata doesn't prove, don't you think it's time to stop? It's irritating. I am going to be as blunt as possible, I don't care about your interpretation of whatever the manga says, I care about what the manga "actually" stated, without adding my own part of the story.

Can we have some staff opinion now? I think there's enough evidence to remove current justification that has literally ZERO support aside from unsupported fan theories.

No, don’t just dismiss me. You don’t need every little tidbit of information spoonfed to you like an infant, it’s the logical assumption that the energy can propell things it touches when it’s stated to have a propulsive force. I’m not writing part of the story, i’m using critical thinking.

Things don’t have to be directly stated when they’re shown and it’s very clearly portrayed to work in said way. This is a complete non-point.

Unsupported fan theories? I guess using basic logic to make a simple deduction based on what’s clearly shown in the manga is an unsupported fan theory. You’ve proven nothing, your points are wrong, and you’re openly admitting you don’t care about the other side’s points, which is a blatant fallacy.

Redundant circular debate is pointless.
I don't care about your interpretation, again. I am going to dismiss it because its wrong and it's headcanon that you came up with.
It isn't stated in the manga, isn't stated by Murata, isn't implied.

It IS implied. The energy is directly stated to have a propulsive force, and very clearly is shown on Saitama. It’s not just incorrect headcanon I came up with.

If you’d stop stonewalling and actually disprove literally anything, then this could go somewhere.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other, it can be that the energy propelled him + removed friction. There’s no reason to completely dismiss the propulsion part other than “I don’t believe statements in the manga”.

It IS implied. The energy is directly stated to have a propulsive force, and very clearly is shown on Saitama. It’s not just incorrect headcanon I came up with.
A propulsive force for BOROS"S BODY. Not Saitama's, nowhere its stated or implied. What is wrong with you?

The ENERGY ITSELF IS STATED TO HAVE A PROPULSIVE FORCE, SLACJOW. If the energy ENVELOPS SAITAMA, THEN THE MOST LOGICAL CONCLUSION IS THAT THE ENERGY LIKELY PLAYED A FACTOR IN SENDING HIM FLYING. It IS implied.

What even is this claim about only Boros’ body? The statement is that the ENERGY he uses is stated to have a propulsive force, and the energy is VERY BLATANTLY SHOWN on Saitama. That’s complete headcanon that’s contradicted in the exact same fight.

Are you ever going to disprove anything?

Nehz_XZX

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Redundant circular debate is pointless.
I don't care about your interpretation, again. I am going to dismiss it because its wrong and it's headcanon that you came up with.
It isn't stated in the manga, isn't stated by Murata, isn't implied.
Saying that you don't care about someone's interpretation, dismissing it and calling it wrong and headcanon is incredibly good if you want to rile people up and escalate the argument. Not so good if you are actually trying to have a civil discussion. The same goes for redundant and circular. Shouldn't you simply be presenting your arguments and trying to figure out what the other side isn't understanding that is apparently clear to you?

Last edited:
He claimed my interpretation was an “unsupported fan theory” when his interpretation of the energy only being used as a propulsive force for Boros’ body is quite literally contradicted by the existence of Boros’ beam attacks, where he takes his internal energy and blasts it at people. He uses this same internal energy as a propulsive force, and there’s a very distinct beam on Saitama as Boros kicks him. It’s self evident, but he argues against the actual manga while claiming other people’s interpretations are “unsupported fan theories”.

It’s just blatantly wrong. I have the scans from mangasee if they’re required, but they really shouldn’t be.

Nehz_XZX

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Well, if the energy has a propulsive force, then the idea of him being able to move other people or objects with them isn't far removed, especially if they are specifically getting wrapped in it. In that case the conclusion is that the energy is capable of propulsing anything it is wrapped in.

Nehz_XZX

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Well, the energy shouldn't have randomly changed its properties when it was wrapping around Saitama, so it should still have its propulsive force traits. It would by this logic also have the same protecting-against-heat-friction-effect that protected Saitama's clothes when wrapped around Boros.

Last edited:

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Faster than before is supporting evidence for an increased level in speed, not the main evidence. If Boros was being kept in the same speed level it'd go first, but because we're moving him up the evidence for that increase must come first. At least that's how I view it.

Faster than before is supporting evidence for an increased level in speed, not the main evidence. If Boros was being kept in the same speed level it'd go first, but because we're moving him up the evidence for that increase must come first. At least that's how I view it.
Like I said, that's just my OCD and weird way of viewing it, probably because most evidence for new speed keys start off with "Faster than before".

I mean, with how the thread has gone, the wording doesn't even need to be changed. Slac had an issue with the wording and his issue was debunked.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Slacjow told me that he wants to respond before this discussion thread is closed again. My apologies for the inconvenience.

I asked Ant to reopen this thread cause I think it's unfair how you came here decided all on your own and closed the thread without giving me a chance to reply. I hope you don't close it again, I might not be able to respond immediately.
The bold part here is the issue. You said "which is why Saitama could be launched at high speeds", which is practically wrong. This isn't what the quote actually states.
It states: "I basically resolved the whole question of heat friction by wrapping Saitama in Boros's energy while he was being launched near the speed of light".
Nowhere is it stated that the energy or the lack of heat friction allowed to launch Saitama at near Light Speed like you said. It only said that the lack of heat friction allowed Saitama's clothes to remain intact, that's it. Everything else is your addition to the statement, not canon.
The key part is "his", not anyone who is wrapped in his energy.
I never denied MB gives super speed, again, the key part is "his", not everybody else's.
It should read something like
At least Relativistic+ (He uses his internal energy as a propulsive force to increase his speed, which allows him to move and launch targets at near-lightspeeds. Faster than before)
The issue here is bold italic statement you made. Never ever is it stated that Boros can move at near-lightspeed, you basically wrote this and linked a calc to his profile that doesn't support what you wrote in there. If that link has a statement "Boros can move at near-lightspeed" as you wrote on the link itself, then quote it.

Your whole argument stands on the idea of his energy moving things at near Light Speed, which is as I already mentioned, wrong. I want you to try and respond to everything I wrote.

I asked Ant to reopen this thread cause I think it's unfair how you came here decided all on your own and closed the thread without giving me a chance to reply. I hope you don't close it again, I might not be able to respond immediately.

The bold part here is the issue. You said "which is why Saitama could be launched at high speeds", which is practically wrong. This isn't what the quote actually states.
It states: "I basically resolved the whole question of heat friction by wrapping Saitama in Boros's energy while he was being launched near the speed of light".
Nowhere is it stated that the energy or the lack of heat friction allowed to launch Saitama at near Light Speed like you said. It only said that the lack of heat friction allowed Saitama's clothes to remain intact, that's it. Everything else is your addition to the statement, not canon.

I never denied MB gives super speed, again, the key part is "his", not everybody else's.

The issue here is bold italic statement you made. Never ever is it stated that Boros can move at near-lightspeed, you basically wrote this and linked a calc to his profile that doesn't support what you wrote in there. If that link has a statement "Boros can move at near-lightspeed" as you wrote on the link itself, then quote it.

Your whole argument stands on the idea of his energy moving things at near Light Speed, which is as I already mentioned, wrong. I want you to try and respond to everything I wrote.
You realized we changed it... right...

Isn't it just a rephrase?

It's like I mentioned, Boros kick speed >>> speed at which Saitama was launched.
But the question is why in the justification.
It'd probably be better to use Uskla's suggestion for Rel+ than the current one. Like I know FTL can't be applied due to relativistic speeds can't be applied to that. But I think the solution to that would just be to put him at "At least Relativistic+", since like Uskla said, Boros kicking speed should logically be superior to the speed he kicked Saitama at, which was near lightspeed.

Slacjow. There was a calc for the speed that Boros kicked Saitama. It was calced to be 75% SOL, though we changed it to 90% iirc. here. The speed of Boros' kick would logically be faster than the speed that launched Saitama.

I am waiting for Qawsed to reply.
I can't reply to every single fan that disagrees.
Isn't it just a rephrase?
Yes, the reasons for Boros's Rel+ speed weren't updated, it was just rephrased, and it is wrong again.
It'd probably be better to use Uskla's suggestion for Rel+ than the current one. Like I know FTL can't be applied due to relativistic speeds can't be applied to that. But I think the solution to that would just be to put him at "At least Relativistic+", since like Uskla said, Boros kicking speed should logically be superior to the speed he kicked Saitama at, which was near lightspeed.
I can't reply on that because I don't know how the wiki handles such situation.
Like, The Moon kick might've been just a strength feat that we can't translate to Attack Speed for Boros.
Or we can also argue that The Moon kick is the only kick from Boros's arsenal that is that strong and fast.
I suggest we deal with the current justification and then if somebody feels like updating him to Rel+, they can create a new dedicated thread.

I mean, if I kicked sth and that thing flew away with SoL, doesn't this mean that I can reach that speed as well if I jumped (if we ignored the resistance of gravity)?

I think Boros has a higher mass than Saitama, so if that force was enough to kick Saitama to the moon at SoL, I don't think this logically means that Boros can use the same force to go at the same speed because u know his mass is higher right? which means that the Gravitational pull force will be higher if I'm not mistaken

Dude, nothing about your argument changed. You can't just dismiss my arguments because i'm just "some fan" and not a staff member.

Either way, i'll respond.

Your point about the energy only affecting his body is completely moot, simply because he uses that same energy for his beams. And we get a very distinct visual of his energy on Saitama. The energy is not going to just lose that property. The direct statement from the manga is that he uses the energy as propulsive force, not that it only affects his body. That's your headcanon.

Nobody is arguing that just because something is wrapped in his energy makes it go at Rel+ speed, Slac. I'm arguing that the energy also was used as a propulsive force on him during the kick. There's literally no reason the same energy he uses FOR HIS BEAMS wouldn't be able to move other people. That's literally what his beams are, him shooting his internal energy. This is proven by him directly stating he's going to use all of his ENERGY in his final attack, which, as you guessed it, is a GIANT BEAM.

Just because something isn't directly stated doesn't mean it isn't the case. It's the logical conclusion in this scenario. You have still not disproven any of my points, you've just committed Ad Hominem while calling it "unsupported fan theory". Your interpretation is literally contradicted by the fight, stop with your unsupported fan theories, Slac.

My whole argument is NOT that his energy moves things at light speed, Slac. Stop strawmanning me.

So, before we go into the same circular debate where he proves nothing and calls my interpretation “headcanon” without saying why, can this thread just be closed? He’s using the same arguments I already addressed, while dismissing me. That’s blatant stonewalling.

I am just waiting for Qawsed, don't derail this any further.
You should already understand that nothing will come out of our debate.

I mean, if I kicked sth and that thing flew away with SoL, doesn't this mean that I can reach that speed as well if I jumped (if we ignored the resistance of gravity)?
I think Boros has a higher mass than Saitama, so if that force was enough to kick Saitama to the moon at SoL, I don't think this logically means that Boros can use the same force to go at the same speed because u know his mass is higher right? which means that the Gravitational pull force will be higher if I'm not mistaken
As I said I don't know how wiki handles this staff, and I believe it will need a new fresh discussion, not a continuity of a shitstorm this thread is.
Right now let's deal with current justification.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
My point is more along the lines that his energy acts as a propulsive force, which can move things like Saitama at near-light speeds. It's why it was previously accepted in the thread you mentioned. The artbook statement also mirrors Murata's Gery statement in a lot of areas, which is brought up in the previous thread about why its probably talking about general friction removal.

For others, the argument that the kick moving the same speed as Saitama would work if: A) The series followed physics consistently like in the manga Origin B) That aspect of physics was brought up.

As it stands launching people at high speeds can easily be more indicative of super strength rather than super speed.

My point is more along the lines that his energy acts as a propulsive force, which can move things like Saitama at near-light speeds. It's why it was previously accepted in the thread you mentioned.
And I have replied to that, as stated in the manga his energy is a propulsive force for Boros's body, his energy doesn't move Saitama as you say because it's never mentioned or stated.
The artbook statement also mirrors Murata's Gery statement in a lot of areas, which is brought up in the previous thread about why its probably talking about general friction removal.
Murata himself already explained that he included that element to save Saitama's clothes. Boros's energy reduces friction as stated, but it doesn't move things its wrapped in at SOL, I can't find any evidence to support that claim.
For others, the argument that the kick moving the same speed as Saitama would work if: A) The series followed physics consistently like in the manga Origin B) That aspect of physics was brought up.

As it stands launching people at high speeds can easily be more indicative of super strength rather than super speed.
This is for another discussion. This one has been derailed long enough.

I want you to address all my points in that reply, separately, like I did. Look at the original one, it's cleaner.
It should read something like
At least Relativistic+ (He uses his internal energy as a propulsive force to increase his speed, which allows him to move and launch targets at near-lightspeeds. Faster than before)

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
And I have replied to that, as stated in the manga his energy is a propulsive force for Boros's body, his energy doesn't move Saitama as you say because it's never mentioned or stated.
His energy can launch himself at high speeds and his aura can negate aspects of friction. Considering those two aspects it was agreed that we keep his rating for the time being.

Boros's energy reduces friction as stated, but it doesn't move things its wrapped in at SOL
You're misunderstanding my using of the artbook. Though that's also my fault for not giving a proper explanation of what I meant. The main purpose is the aspects of friction ignoring and the statement that Saitama was moving at near-light speeds. They're two different aspects of his ratings the former as supplementary speed evidence and the latter being used to find how fast Saitama was moving.

The aura did not launch Saitama at near light speed yes. But it did assist in being kicked at that speed. Even if we throw it out, Boros' aura is what is being used to blast targets and himself at higher speeds. Which is why the scaling was kept.

ElixirBlue

VS Battles
Content Moderator
He never countered my points from before the thread was closed, I was already part of the conversation.
Slacjow told me that he wants to respond before this discussion thread is closed again. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Slacjow asked Ant to reopen this thread so he may converse with Qawsed. This thread wouldn't be open if that wasn't the case. Debating 2 people on limited time is counter productive.

I don’t see why that’s relevant at all. This is a CRT he made that I disagreed with and argued against, I genuinely don’t see why I should just be completely left out of the CRT just because he “doesn’t want to debate me”. If we could just ignore people because we don’t want to debate them, then CRTs could go through with literally no debate happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.