• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Look, I really need to know weather or not this wiki thinks Rockman Shadow and Quint are the same person before I make a page.

The title says it all. I personally think yes, as Rockman Shadow (Who is from a game called Rockman & Forte: Challanger from the future) and as the title implies, Rockman Shadow is from the future. He also mentions Quint by name, but if he was from the future he would have no way of knowing that Quint existed as Wily only kiddnapped him in the future, he waited untill he got back to the preasent to convert him into Quint and even if he didn't, it's not like he'd make a public announcement about it. Not to mention, Rockman Shadow's pattern at some points is just an improved version of Quint's, and his design in his official artwork gives him Quint's exact design but with an arm cannon. Green and all. Witch is odd since the characters in the game say he has black armor, but anyway. And if Rockman Shadow is Quint, that also give reason to make a page for him (Primary antagonist of a game).

To the best of my knowledge, they're not the same character, given that Mega references Quint right before fighting him according to the MMKB.

Reppuzan said:
To the best of my knowledge, they're not the same character, given that Mega references Quint right before fighting him according to the MMKB.
Yes, but I beleive that on the same page it says that he's lying.

He lied about his motive for travelling to the past. He admitted to Mega that he was a failed version of Quint that was scrapped, but put himself back and took revenge before traveling to the past to put an end to his suffering.

HOLD IT!

How can there be a failed version of Quint if he is a modified Mega Man from the future? The Answer is, to put it simply, THERE CAN'T! Should Wily's modifications failed, he would simply continue to modify him, he wouldn't throw away a robot that he has proven multiple times to be unable to replicate, like with Copy Robot and Bass. Even he's not that dumb! And tell me this, HOW WOULD WILY CONSIDER WHAT HE CONSIDERS A SUCESS BUT INFINATLY SUPIRIOR A FAILURE?! And speaking of Copy Robot, tell me. When fighting an opponent that uses different weapons and a fighting style different from his own, why would Mega Man show so much emotion towards the robot for defeating it because it felt like he destroyed a part of himself when he showed no emotion whatsoever for Copy Robot, a perfect copy of him. And the answer isn't because of technical limitations. Let me tell you about a little gem on the Play Station Portable called Megaman: Powered Up, A REMAKE OF THE FIRST MEGA MAN GAME! Even with no technical limitations, he still showed no regret for destroying him! The can only mean that Mega Man and Rockman Shadow, and by extension Quint and Rockman Shadow, ARE ONE IN THE SAME!

TAKE THAT!

Sorry, I went full pheonix wright. But really, if he's a clone of Quint, I think they would still be on the same page, right? Also, once again, Quint is a modified verson of future Mega Man. Kinda hard to scrap that.

They're still separate characters, but then again, I'm not sure if Shadow is notable enough of a character to warrant his own page.

True. And since Shadow is a modified clone of Quint, the two sharing a page wouldn't be that taboo.

Back