• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Location Profile Format discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kieran can just make the OP, the abundance of staff he claims are in agreement with him, can debate on his behalf.

Once the OP is made, we can delete any Location file on the basis the format is getting revised.

Simple, our wiki doesn't have to have nonexistent formats being used on major files anymore.

I am extremely puzzled action is being taken WEEKS after the page was made.

Kieran can just make the OP, the abundance of staff he claims are in agreement with him, can debate on his behalf
I'd like to have a say in my own thread thank you. I put months into the idea so believe that I've earned my say in the discussion.
Once the OP is made, we can delete any Location file on the basis the format is getting revised.
So you agree they shouldn't have been made? Because you knew that revisions were coming, you stressed it yourself

Simple, our wiki doesn't have to have nonexistent formats being used on major files anymore, I am extremely puzzled action is being taken WEEKS after the page was made.
because I've been away, for the like 5th time.

Our wiki also doesn't allow undiscussed stuff to be applied.

...for the record I don't appreciate the tone exact here
I'd like to have a say in my own thread thank you. I put months into the idea so believe that I've earned my say in the discussion.
No you haven't. Wiki doesn't do favouritism, you don't have some patent for the idea.
So you agree they shouldn't have been made? Because you knew that revisions were coming, you stressed it yourself
???

I am ONLY saying this as a compromise.
because I've been away, for the like 5th time.
And if you haven't picked up already, I don't care about that, any wiki member you claim to be so massively in support of your proposals, can debate on your behalf.
Our wiki also doesn't allow undiscussed stuff to be applied.
It was discussed, and then accepted. This is just... wrong claims.

And no I want my file reinstated, why can't ANYONE OTHER than Kieran make the thread? If these problems are so drastic, staff should be rushing to fix the issues, we shouldn't all just wait up for some specific calc member's return, and take action beforehand at HIS WHIMS

I also want to know the names of these staff members Kieran claims support him.

And no I want my file reinstated, why can't ANYONE OTHER than Kieran make the thread? If these problems are so drastic, staff should be rushing to fix the issues.
Ok, I know I'm not staff, but please listen for like 5 picoseconds. No matter how important, nobody is obligated to make any threads if they don't want to or don't have the time. That isn't your decision to make. Shit happens, my friend, and sometimes stuff is delayed.

Ok, I know I'm not staff, but please listen for like 5 picoseconds. No matter how important, nobody is obligated to make any threads if they don't want to or don't have the time. That isn't your decision to make. Shit happens, my friend, and sometimes stuff is delayed.
So don't delete a previously, rigidly accepted format, off of a single user's demands.

Sometimes shit is accepted before you can do anything, live with it and make a revision thread.

Also for the record, I don't have a problem Kieran isn't available due to IRL shit and whatnot, I have a problem that if something is THIS dire, you should contact other staff members to revise them on your behalf.

When I left for months, I made a group DM where I discussed and passed off all my versewide Marvel revisions to other users, I didn't demand file deletions, and I have only done so for files no one is interested in fixing, from what I know from experience.

I don't for a second appreciate this mistrust of userbase, the wiki HAS revision projects, it has multiple users cooperating for big projects often enough, and if you're claiming that you NEED to have an input on something, this is a poor behaviour to project, other users are just as capable to present your point, if they're as bluntly dismissive of the current format as Kieran claims they are.

As long as the number of profiles stays as manageable as they currently are we can keep it as is until an eventual revision is done.
If a large influx of location profiles ends up happening in the meantime, we maybe should pause location profile creation then, so that the format remains revisable with reasonable effort.

What happened has happened. It's not anybody's fault. Maybe Kieran could have brought up his issues in the last thread before Impress made the page. Maybe he couldn't for some important reason. Maybe Impress could have waited and took Kieran's opinions into consideration. I don't exactly remember, the thread was already very long and had been going on for weeks. And frankly, it doesn't matter. Both were just trying to help and that is appreciated.

The issue is not that big. I doubt a large number of profiles would be made by the time Kieran makes his planned revision. If the rest of the staff members don't see anything majorly wrong with the current standard page, then I suppose we can leave it up and do what DT suggested.

...for the record I don't appreciate the tone exact here
it seems like you've only ever had a tone with me. so that statement is very hypocritical.
No you haven't. Wiki doesn't do favouritism, you don't have some patent for the idea.
Both as a staff member and the one who did propose the idea, and likely put a lot more thought into the idea than others. I have a right to a say in my own thread. What gives you more say than anyone else?

And if you haven't picked up already, I don't care about that, any wiki member you claim to be so massively in support of your proposals, can debate on your behalf.
How can they debate the ideas of somebody else without the input of said person?
They were in agreement with the OP, and likely hadn't read the latter messages in the thread. So they certainly could not discuss topics that hadn't even been fully brought up yet.
It was discussed, and then accepted. This is just... wrong claims.
it was not. you made a template and applied it like 2 days later, in a thread that had been active for over a month and still hadn't concluded.
As has also already been said, staff who agreed to your draft clearly did not see that you had changed the rule and more around, as they were surprised and unaware shortly after.
Discussion is not you saying something and applying it after two guys in a thread of 20 say they like it.
And no I want my file reinstated, why can't ANYONE OTHER than Kieran make the thread?
I have already said why.
You're acting childish and as if you own the format with language such as "my file" which is also hypocritical as you were accusing me of such earlier.
I also want to know the names of these staff members Kieran claims support him.
If you believe that I'm able to make and moderate an entire new thread while miles away from my computer then I believe you can go back through the thread and figure it out yourself.
You're also yet to supply your own evidence for yours to be accepted, so I guess we're even.
So don't delete a previously, rigidly accepted format, off of a single user's demands.
Why not if it's wrong and spreading false information?
Also it wasn't a demand, it was a request.
Sometimes shit is accepted before you can do anything, live with it and make a revision thread.
Actually this isn't the problem, the problem is
1: that it wasn't fully accepted, and staff blatantly proved themselves to be unaware of certain changes
2: that for a project as large as this, rushing threads along before they conclude is a terrible and immature descision.
3: you later promoted creating location profiles by creating a thread while revisions based entirely on them as a concept were still ongoing. And then proceeded to make one of the most important ones you could while aware that the continuation thread was in the works.
Amongst much, much more.
for the record, I don't have a problem Kieran isn't available due to IRL shit and whatnot, I have a problem that if something is THIS dire, you should contact other staff members to revise them on your behalf.
So you're saying things should be discussed before they're applied? Where have I heard that before?
When I left for months, I made a group DM where I discussed and passed off all my versewide Marvel revisions to other users, I didn't demand file deletions, and I have only done so for files no one is interested in fixing, from what I know from experience.
First off, you have absolutely no idea what's happening in my life. or how I wish to spend my time, I am not obligated to sell my soul to this wiki. if you chose to spend your time like that then fine. But I'm not the "create a discord purely to conspire against the masses" type, and I'm certainly not using weeks of what is supposed to be enjoyment and family time to dreadfully argue about a format for a profile on a wiki, when I can do that afterwards. I'm not ruining my vacation for your satisfaction.
I don't for a second appreciate this mistrust of userbase, the wiki HAS revision projects, it has multiple users cooperating for big projects often enough
Yes, that is why I worked on making an entire detailed well structured thread over the course of multiple weeks and then proceeded to allow suggestions and criticism whilst moderating said thread for over a month.
Meanwhile what was accepted was done over the course of what? A couple days? With what? 3 or 4 people giving input?
if you're claiming that you NEED to have an input on something, this is a poor behaviour to project, other users are just as capable to present your point, if they're as bluntly dismissive of the current format as Kieran claims they are.
I'm claiming I would like to have an input in the threads I create yes. If you're saying I am not entitled to a say in threads then you are just wrong for starters. This is not the attitude a thread moderator should have, they should respect that threads need to go on for some time and must be concluded before huge revisions like this are applied.
As long as the number of profiles stays as manageable as they currently are we can keep it as is until an eventual revision is done.
If a large influx of location profiles ends up happening in the meantime, we maybe should pause location profile creation then, so that the format remains revisable with reasonable effort.
Do we want to take that chance? If we do who's going to edit the huge influx of profiles that may appear? Because I doubt users will want to, our staff is busy enough in most cases. I'm just thinking about them.
I doubt a large number of profiles would be made by the time Kieran makes his planned revision.
It isn't making the revision that's the problem though, it's that the revisions will almost certainly take at least around a month to apply, because the old thread wasnt even close to complete, and now we have new stuff that needs fixing too. Locations have already began to catch on for users, and will only start coming quicker.

Overall I don't believe we should take a risk like this for the sake of our staff members who will need to edit pages that they likely aren't knowledgeable on, and it will just create extra work for them.
I'm also disappointed that a thread mod of all staff believes that this is justified. They should know the rules better than anybody here but seem to think that rushing along wiki wide subjects and promoting the creation of profiles for unfinished templates is acceptable.

But hey what do I know about rules I'm just a newbie calc member who is apparently "annoying", "favouritist", and has a "tone" to him.

it seems like you've only ever had a tone with me. so that statement is very hypocritical.
Yes, and if you note, I improved my tone upon seeing it was getting worse.

You can do the same.
Both as a staff member and the one who did propose the idea, and likely put a lot more thought into the idea than others. I have a right to a say in my own thread.
No. You don't.
What gives you more say than anyone else?
I never claimed I had the right to say more.
How can they debate the ideas of somebody else without the input of said person?
Then it's not as universal an idea.
They were in agreement with the OP, and likely hadn't read the latter messages in the thread.
No, I asked people explicitly, offsite, to input on my suggestion.
it was not. you made a template and applied it like 2 days later, in a thread that had been active for over a month and still hadn't concluded.
Because you're doing a poor job as the OP, the thread was laughably derailed when I joined in.
I have already said why.
You're acting childish and as if you own the format with language such as "my file" which is also hypocritical as you were accusing me of such earlier.
Nitpicking
If you believe that I'm able to make and moderate an entire new thread while miles away from my computer then I believe you can go back through the thread and figure it out yourself.
Answer the question.
You're also yet to supply your own evidence for yours to be accepted, so I guess we're even.
@AKM sama @Antvasima Confirm I asked clearly on the thread whether I could post the draft, and you replied with yes.
Why not if it's wrong and spreading false information?
Because it's not false information, it is information you disagree with.
Also it wasn't a demand, it was a request.
Nitpicking
Actually this isn't the problem, the problem is
1: that it wasn't fully accepted, and staff blatantly proved themselves to be unaware of certain changes
After having asked to input on the thread for two whole days, whose fault is that? Yours.
2: that for a project as large as this, rushing threads along before they conclude is a terrible and immature descision.
It wasn't rushed since I didn't post the file without anyone's consent.
3: you later promoted creating location profiles by creating a thread while revisions based entirely on them as a concept were still ongoing
They weren't, you just never made your complaints clear until AFTER the file was made, again, you doing poor verification when I clearly asked you to.
And then proceeded to make one of the most important ones you could while aware that the continuation thread was in the works.
As said I didn't know, I deadass thought given weeks of gap, you would've put forward the revision. You didn't. Your fault.
So you're saying things should be discussed before they're applied? Where have I heard that before?
You didn't understand what I said. I said you should've asked another staff member to make a thread on your behalf. I never said anything about discussion.
First off, you have absolutely no idea what's happening in my life. or how I wish to spend my time, I am not obligated to sell my soul to this wiki.
You're not obligated to ask for random file deletions either based on your personal issues, again I recognize my limits and don't penalize others for my personal errors.
But I'm not the "create a discord purely to conspire against the masses" type
"Conspire against the masses" have you BEEN to a wiki Discord server?
and I'm certainly not using weeks of what is supposed to be enjoyment and family time to dreadfully argue about a format for a profile on a wiki, when I can do that afterwards. I'm not ruining my vacation for your satisfaction.
Do it afterwards, or ask someone else to do it for you.

This is a completely nonsensical response overall that doesn't understand my point.
Yes, that is why I worked on making an entire detailed well structured thread over the course of multiple weeks and then proceeded to allow suggestions and criticism whilst moderating said thread for over a month.
Which was laughably derailed, yes.

You were discussing Standard Battle Assumptions when I had joined the thread.
Meanwhile what was accepted was done over the course of what? A couple days? With what? 3 or 4 people giving input?
And? It's my fault in that? I was asking nearly every staff member I could offsite, to give a semblance of input, and they refused because they
I'm claiming I would like to have an input in the threads I create yes.
Then work on your own to have an input on it.
Of you're saying I am not entitled to a say in threads then you are just wrong for starters.
This is a laughably poor understanding of how threads work.

No, you're not ENTITLED to anything, we don't NEED to have your voice heard. You have to work YOURSELF to make your voice heard and make worthwhile points.
This is not the attitude a thread moderator should have, they should respect that threads need to go on for some time and must be concluded before huge revisions like this are applied.
Again, your thread wasn't being discussed, it was derailed.
I'm also disappointed that a thread mod of all staff believes that this is justified. They should know the rules better than anybody here but seem to think that rushing along wiki wide subjects and promoting the creation of profiles for unfinished templates is acceptable.
Christ are you seriously pinning your own failure for multiple days and now weeks, to bring up your issues with the accepted format, on me?

Again, for the record, I straight up don't see what Kieran was proposing that required THIS LONG to talk about, your prior thread was drowning in inaction, and derailment in other topics like "SBA for human involvement", you couldn't word a single proper standard right, and were wasting time for everyone on the thread.

I don't know who told you this, but have you ever written an exam? Has your history teacher or whatever, ever asked you stretch out word limits? No. You don't discuss lengths in a debate, you discuss points, and your thread was MOSTLY pointless as it had barely any relevant discussion for pages, and you hadn't given a proof of concept for a SINGLE thing proposed.

You don't look at thread lengths, you look at the points discussed, not everyone like you uses the wiki as once a week deal either, slowing down wiki progress to a snail's crawl.

And honestly, this is all irrelevant, I won't respond to the blame game from this point on. What matters is, deletion of the Format page, which as DT and AKM point out, is completely unnecessary.

Yes, and if you note, I improved my tone upon seeing it was getting worse.
You certainly did not.
No. You don't
I don't have the right to speak in a thread? Ok? I guess I can't comment on any other thread for the rest of my life because Imp said so and shes a thread mod who knows the rules.
I never claimed I had the right to say more.
you are very clearly implying that you have more of a say in threads than I do for starters.
You also allowed your own revisions to pass for some unknown reason.
No, I asked people explicitly, offsite, to input on my suggestion.
Shame that there's no evidence of this tho isn't it? You got the support of a few people on the thread at least, you can't just apply stuff because you asked people to comment on discord...
Because you're doing a poor job as the OP, the thread was laughably derailed when I joined in.
Once again if you actually read the thread then you would realize that I continually stopped derailment. The subject at the time related to the OP enough that it was discussed there, even then, before Beauracrats decided such I tried to stop that subject as I also though of it as derailment.
Answer the question
You answer the same question. If your only input was the couple of people you tagged then that is laughably bad in your favor. Look at the OP in the thread and there's your answer, those who agreed liked the OP, plus more.
@AKM sama @Antvasima Confirm I asked clearly on the thread whether I could post the draft, and you replied with yes.
Ok. Two people? One of which certainly later proved themselves unaware of most of the changes you'd made.
Because it's not false information, it is information you disagree with.
It is wrong information that barely anybody agreed on. It should not be there.
After having asked to input on the thread for two whole days, whose fault is that? Yours.
I apologise for having a life then. And apologise for enjoying myself.
This point also barely relates to what you quoted me on. If you're referring to me not replying, then you already know why and I have nothing further to say on that subject.
If you're referring to you asking other for 2 days and getting no reply, how the hell is that even remotely my fault?
It wasn't rushed since I didn't post the file without anyone's consent.
Aight I'll go and post my draft too and apply 12 CRTs I'm planning because my friend on discord said it works...

Also, once again, that comment has literally nothing to do with what I said.
Posting with consent has absolutely nothing to do with rushing a thread along, the thread wasnt nearly done, and the rules hadn't nearly been finalized. But you posted it anyways.
They weren't, you just never made your complaints clear until AFTER the file was made, again, you doing poor verification when I clearly asked you to.
I made it abundantly clear that I would be unable to comment reliably. It isn't my fault that you didn't bother to read or take that into account.
As said I didn't know, I deadass thought given weeks of gap, you would've put forward the revision. You didn't. Your fault.
Once again, you not reading my messages, or posts on my wall that you have visited since then, is not my fault. It's yours.
You're not obligated to ask for random file deletions either based on your personal issues, again I recognize my limits and don't penalize others for my personal errors
No I'm not obligated to do such, you're right. I think I made it very clear why I did it though.
"Conspire against the masses" have you BEEN to a wiki Discord server?
Yes I have. Generally we talk about the wiki and verses we like as friends. It's fun. You should try it.
Do it afterwards
I was going to do it afterwards, and still am. But "afterwards" hasn't come yet. Are you actually reading my posts or just making random points that fit with what you want to say?
Which was laughably derailed, yes.

You were discussing Standard Battle Assumptions when I had joined the thread
I've already said that I was trying to stop that discussion. But Ant and others insisted it was necessary. If you had cared to actually read where we were up to, you'd know that.
And? It's my fault in that? I was asking nearly every staff member I could offsite, to give a semblance of input, and they refused because they
Yes. It is your fault that you were impatient and did not wait for more opinions on the matter. Who else's would it be?
Then work on your own to have an input on it.
I am. But you've already stated I shouldn't have a say in it anyways so...
This is a laughably poor
No. Everybody gets a say in a thread. If you refuse to acknowledge a user in a thread then you are either blatantly ignorant, or have some power ego that makes you more important than anyone else.
Again, your thread wasn't being discussed, it was derailed.
Again. That ain't my fault. And it was relevant to the thread.
Christ are you seriously pinning your own failure for multiple days and now weeks, to bring up your issues with the accepted format, on me?
No. I'm pinning the actions that made those issues on you.
Again, for the record, I straight up don't see what Kieran was proposing that required THIS LONG to talk about
It would have come sooner, but I'm away for the 7th time.
Actually it wouldn't have come at all, because I wouldn't have allowed the thread to go through at the stage it was at.
your prior thread was drowning in inaction, and derailment in other topics like "SBA for human involvement"
Which was agreed relevant enough to be discussed after continually being brought up by staff.
you couldn't word a single proper standard right, and were wasting time for everyone on the thread.
I wrote the original standards. They were actually discussed and agreed fine (unlike yours). I wasn't wasting time at all, it's called having structure to a thread rather than randomly throwing subjects all over the place, something I thought you'd be aware of, but apparently not.
I don't know who told you this, but have you ever written an exam? Has your history teacher or whatever, ever asked you stretch out word limits? No. You don't discuss lengths in a debate, you discuss points, and your thread was MOSTLY pointless as it had barely any relevant discussion for pages,
You showed up on like the last page of the thread and have already made it abundantly clear that you didn't read a single bit of it multiple times. The entire start of the thread was regarding important subjects, which were discussed in time and concluded. Unlike literally anything you did. So don't lecture me on how to structure stuff and act like I'm less intelligent than you.
you hadn't given a proof of concept for a SINGLE thing proposed.
Lmao just read the thread and disprove yourself, I don't have time for this kinda stuff.
You don't look at thread lengths, you look at the points discussed, not everyone like you uses the wiki as once a week deal either, slowing down wiki progress to a snail's crawl.
I'm on the wiki everyday thanks. and I was on that thread, multiple times, everyday, for over a month. Thanks.
And honestly, this is all irrelevant, I won't respond to the blame game from this point on. What matters is, deletion of the Format page, which as DT and AKM point out, is completely unnecessary.
Don't respond then. I have no problems with that.

I will see what they have to say about what I have said to them above.

AKM & DontTalk, I have replied to your comments above and would like you to consider the repercussions of keeping that format up please for the reason I mentioned in said comment.

Yes, please don't destroy your vacation over this. You can relax and then come back to explain how we might need to modify the page. I do not remember the old discussion well anymore.

Also, I am glad that the two of you did not continue to let your argument deteriorate further. You are both highly valued members of our staff, so it is important to try to get along.

After a long way back I'm finally back home. I already took notes on my phone as to how to attempt to fix the situation throughout my holiday because I care for this subject and believe that it's important. I remember the thread quite well personally as it was my own.

I also genuinely do not want any hard feelings towards any other staff here. If we can be friend, then I would like us to be. But I was not allowing tone to go unnoticed. I believe strongly in my points, and did not personally agree with what was being said. I don't hold grudges or anything of the like.

That said, I don't want to argue further. I don't have the energy, and would rather just wait until the thread is made (I don't intend to derail that thread with this subject either though to be fair).

I would still like to hear from DontTalk and AKM regarding my response to them though if that is ok. As I still believe that we should not be taking risks with allowing the creation of profiles on such a big subject. If they insist it should stay up, then I guess I cant do anything further.

Last edited:
I am not sure what Kieran wants to add in the format that will take a month for his thread. I don't find the current format having any major problems, so I am not sure if deleting it would be right. If only some tweaks are required, those can be handled later. I don't think a complete overhaul of the standard is required?

The old thread was incomplete is my issue. There's still much to go over in that regard. Some things that were discussed and concluded aren't on the current page. Plus the stuff that wasn't concluded or discussed that is currently on the profile.
This equates to quite a lot. So it will take around as long as the last thread did, if not longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back