• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
no one answered me on how the absorption works on arceus
Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen.

how the absorption was passive like someone tried to claim above

That is false. The Sword is thought based in abilities.

1. Would Sally know to drain the true Arceus or just the physical avatar she would see?

2. Would it (the sword) be able to overcome baseline resistance to Absorption/Power Null?

3. Does it continue to drain after the wielder is killed? Is this drain fatal?

1. Would Sally know to drain the true Arceus or just the physical avatar she would see?

If Arceus does have a physical avatar that separate from its true self, it should be listed on its profile like what Darkseid or Enerjak has, otherwise, I can't argue anything about whether or not Sally can. Going from its profile, there is no real detailed information on true Arceus and Avatar Arceus separation.

Last edited:
Also, FYI, the Sword of Acorn's range has been upgraded to Low Complex Multiversal. The reasoning for why original match was taking off was because Arceus was upgrade outside of SOA's Multiversal+ range by getting its 2-A rating (Because the original match had followed SBA, not Arceus strictly being 2-B)

Sword can kill Arceus. But it’s all done by a far more competent user in Mogul (there’s also a bunch of caveats with the “killing the Ancient Walkers” feat but it doesn’t matter). Sally’s never used anything like that and gets stomped. Always should’ve.

Last edited:
Sword can kill Arceus. But it’s all done by a far more competent user in Mogul (there’s also a bunch of caveats with the “killing the Ancient Walkers” feat but it doesn’t matter). Sally’s never used anything like that and gets stomped. Always should’ve.

"Note: The Sword of Acorn’s possession ability only applies to Sally in character."

"Possession (It can possess the wielder to save their life)"

"Precognition (The Sword of Acorns is capable of showing the future)" (I should edit that later saying, past, present and future, as said in the scan)

These are the reasons why the Sword is more dangerous in Sally's hands than Mogul's, who threw the Sword away as soon as it absorbed Enerjak's power.

It showed a glimpse. How she got into that situation, how they’d come out of it, etc. is never shown. Wouldn’t help her. Possessed Sally still hasn’t done anything nearly as impressive as Mogul, even if it is the sword.

Showing Sally stuff does not matter with possession. The Sword itself is seeing the past, present and future.

Sally is the vessel for the Sword. Anything Mogul can do with it, the sword would already be aware of doing it and more than what Mogul knows it can do, since Mogul isn't the sword.

This argument is like asking a sentient gun out of hibernation if it knows how to shoot.

It’s like asking a sentient gun if it knows how to detonate a galaxy it’s mind when it’s only shot on its own.

If Arceus does have a physical avatar that separate from its true self, it should be listed on its profile like what Darkseid or Enerjak has, otherwise, I can't argue anything about whether or not Sally can. Going from its profile, there is no real detailed information on true Arceus and Avatar Arceus separation.
"Note 1: The entity Arceus is the physical manifestation of the Original Spirit used to interact with the Pokémon Multiverse."

Avatar Creation is also on Arceus' powers and abilities list.

Vote for llama FRA (Arceus one tapping sally)
Idk wether the sword would instantly know it is fighting Arceus's avatar (unless it has some clairvoyance or sth) and pretty sure Arceus can make infinite amounts of avatars (he can recreate the creation trio after all)

It’s like asking a sentient gun if it knows how to detonate a galaxy it’s mind when it’s only shot on its own.
Er, thats... I don't get that analogy

Vote for llama FRA (Arceus one tapping sally)
Idk wether the sword would instantly know it is fighting Arceus's avatar (unless it has some clairvoyance or sth) and pretty sure Arceus can make infinite amounts of avatars (he can recreate the creation trio after all)

Th Sword sees the past, present and future. It would know Acreus's abilities and do what it can to save Sally's life.

I want to count your vote, but how does Arceus fight Sally, once the Sword absorbs the power of one of Arceus's avatars and Sally becomes as strong as one of Arceus' avatar and continues to get stronger with each newly created avatar?

"Note 1: The entity Arceus is the physical manifestation of the Original Spirit used to interact with the Pokémon Multiverse."

Avatar Creation is also on Arceus' powers and abilities list.

How does Arceus attack without a physical avatar? The profile doesn't tell me.

How does Arceus attack without a physical avatar? The profile doesn't tell me.
Both Arceus (avatar) and the Original Spirit have the same abilities, bar obvious stuff like abstract existence and large size being exclusive to the Original Spirit.

Both Arceus (avatar) and the Original Spirit have the same abilities, bar obvious stuff like abstract existence and large size being exclusive to the Original Spirit.

Has the Original Spirit fought before in character or in canon without a physical avatar?

how does Arceus fight Sally, once the Sword absorbs the power of one of Arceus's avatars and Sally becomes as strong as one of Arceus' avatar and continues to get stronger with each newly created avatar?

Assuming Sally can absorb Arceus' power, that she gets off the thought based drain before Arceus thinks and one-shots, and that the drain is fast enough to incapacitate Arceus' avatar before it can think, the real Arceus can just use one of its many dura-negating haxes to kill Sally.

There's too much going against Sally here, I'll vote for Arceus.

I’m leaning towards Arceus here (he simply has more win cons), but arguing Sally wouldn’t be able to use the Sword’s abilities is pretty dumb.
image0.jpg

“In the hands of anyone else, tools crafted from the Source of All would act as amplifiers and conduits for magical power. Even a novice could achieve master-level techniques with just the sword in hand.”

Sonic accidentally used the Sword’s power nullification abilities with no prior experience, and Jani-Ca used the Sword’s Power Nullification abilities to drain Dark Enerjak. Having bonded to the Source and being its vessel, Sally would surely be able to command its abilities, especially if it possessed her (unless you’re claiming the Sword would be unable to use its own powers).

He could with dura-negation.

After absorbing his power, Sally would do the same.

The claim made earlier in the thread is: Would Sally know of Acreus's true form?

My claim is: Would Arceus know Sally's abilities before hand too? How would it react to Sally having its power?

Well, several claims were made actually, and only one was addressed. I also find it weird that you're the OP, but are arguing in favour of Sally and not counting my vote.

Regardless, Arceus has precognition and is made up of Uxie, the embodiment of knowledge. I don't think it's necessary for Arceus to know Sally's abilities beforehand though. At minimum, Sally would have to think to drain Arceus, think to understand where/what the real Arceus is, and then think to drain him too, compared to Arceus who just has to think + one-shot.

Arceus has precognition

So does the Sword. Past, Present and Future.

At minimum, Sally would have to think to drain Arceus, think to understand where/what the real Arceus is, and then think to drain him too, compared to Arceus who just has to think + one-shot.

Thats not the Pro-Sally arguments. This match is basically Arceus vs the Sword and its vessel.

Back