• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Living Tribunal, Molecule Man, and Pre-Retcon Beyonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand.. Living Tribunal is supposed to be second only to TOAA, yet he was considered far less powerful than either MM or Beyonder back during Secret Wars... I want to think there was a retcon which made LT more powerful yet I can't find a definite rason for that.. Anyone can help and/or explain?

He was not as powerful in 1985 as he was during the 1990s. Marvel is extremely inconsistent from time period to time period.

What proves he was not as powerful back then? I don't think it's actually enough to call it straight up retcon. Unless there are direct words from a writer..

He was not yet stated to be the embodiment of all the abstract entities, embodiment of the multiverse, present in every higher dimension, working directly for the OAA, etcetera.

We cannot state that a character is of a certain power level until some writer decides that it is and an editor approves it.

Living Tribunal was described as something which bonds all abstracts together. If we consider that he was the sum of abstracts entities in later appearences, this might well be a reference to it. Anyway I got proof from official source that Living Tribunal even in 60's and 70's was operating on omniversal scale (not an exaggeration, it directly stated about all fiction).

Any mention of omniversal scale is Suggsverse-style hyperbole per definition. He can only have authority over Marvel alone.

They were retconned into not being the embodiments of either the entirety of Marvel or DC. Their full powers unleashed against each other were stated to be capable of vaporising galaxies. That is not very impressive for cosmic entities.

That was before they became the embodiments of Marvel and DC. They became the embodiments of new realities when old multiverse was destroyed.

No, you are mixing things up. They were briefly the embodiments of Marvel and DC during a crossover. Here they vastly transcended the Tribunal, who was presented as a gnat beside them. Then Marvel retconned them into being powerful enough to vaporise galaxies, and that's it.

I think that we have a discussion rule against bringing up this topic, as it is so tiresome to repeatedly deal with.

I am not fixing things up. They became the embodiments of megaverses like that:

Handbook clearly confirmed that it was LT who made Brothers and they became embodiments of megaverses.

Living Tribunal in that crossover had likely a much weaker M-Body.

Megaverses

Within the X-Men Adventures story itself it was only stated that their conflict could vaporise galaxies. We do not consider throwaway lines in handbooks written by Marvel interns as reliable for massive upgrades, especially if they completely contradict the source material.

This is far from the first time that I have had to deal with this issue over the years, and I am extremely tired of it at this point.

As such, I will close this thread, and would appreciate if you permanently and immediately drop the issue, and never ever bring it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back