• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Liu Kang Outlier?

Professor_Voodoo

Joke Battles
Administrator
So here's what irks me. Liu Kang has beaten Shao Kahn 3 times. While they are consistent, i believe the victories obtained in 3 and 9(not arguing the one in 2)were pure plot at best.

MK3: Kahn is a mass soul stealer, and capable of shaking planets fighting Unrestricted Raiden(tho this part is non canon). Kang beats him. 2 games later(Deadly Alliance), he's killed by the far weaker Shang Tsung.

MK9:(after the time rewind) Liu Kang beats Shao Kahn via flame fist, yet mere chapters later, is accidentally offed by Raiden, who Shao Kahn, not any more powerful than he was before(Shang's power was transferred to Sindel), comes in, virtually makes Raiden his b***h, and the Elder Gods are needed to end him.

Now these victories seem like total "the hero always wins" plot bullcr*p.

Any thoughts?

Yes. They do seem like strictly plot convenience driven, but then most fictional matchups are.

Now see i have no problem with the MK2 victory other than the intro shows Tsung clearly afraid of Kahn, begging for his life, Kang beats Kahn in that game, and come Deadly Alliance, Tsung kills Kang(granted it was a from behind neck snap, but considering Kahn is FAR stronger than Tsung).....i feel Liu Kang is EXTREMELY inconsistent.

Back