• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The real cal howard said:
If you ask me, UIO1 Goku was supposed to be > god level
I thought the same first time I watched it. But clearly they quickly realized that would mean pretty much the end of the series, since Goku would've surpassed Beerus.

So they introduced "sign".

ZephyrosOmega said:
Dragomer said:
I don't see why EE is an argument since this Goku has EE resistance.
yeah but on a trifforce level scale?
EE is EE unless it has feats of overcoming EE resistance like Zeno's EE as far as i know.

Also i don't see Low-Godly regen, i see ressurection but it's through stuff Link doesn't have an infinite supply of.

Omegas03 said:
The thing is that Link is probably weaker than SSB Goku. Why would MUI Goku not just simply KO him upon sensing him?
He simply didn't KO Jiren because the gap wasn't really one shot worthy in the first place, and also plot.
It totally was. Even after Jiren got stronger, Goku was keeping up. You just need a precise strike in a precise place, as seen many times in dragon ball, not being massively above in AP.

Simply saying it was plot feels a little too convenient.

Jiren is just as competent as any DB character in term of martial art, the tournament of power was still a martial art tournament after all and Jiren specificaly has a martial artist background, pressure points is something they learned back in dragon ball, it would be very hard to believe at least knowing how to not leave yourself open for a pressure point attack isn't a basic.

You need a precise strike in a precise place while having to through your opponent's guard, better a punch in an opening than trying to force a pressure point attack and getting your arm broken.

When Goku got Full MUI Jiren was still blocking hits and trying to keep distance. After Jiren limit break eventually had the edge but Goku got a rage boost. They weren't far enough to actually One Shot each

I am not sure how you do anything to not leave yourself open to an attack on the back of the head or anywhere else when you can barely react to your opponent.

I am not sure why people keep bringing up one shots. I am not talking about a one shot, but about a knock out, jeez.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I am not sure how you do anything to not leave yourself open to an attack on the back of the head or anywhere else when you can barely react to your opponent.
I am not sure why people keep bringing up one shots. I am not talking about a one shot, but about a knock out, jeez.
You do it by being an anime martial artist, Beerus just cross his hand behind his back and Goku say he has no openings, it's bulshit IRL but that's how it works in Wuxia martial arts.

One shot kills or one shot KO / incap are both just called 'One shot' in general.

Honestly, without bloodlusting, it's perfectly in character for Goku to just IT and neck chop to KO Link after he sense the power gap.

Of course, Beerus can perfectly react to Goku unlike Jiren, and his stance would let him retaliate easily, is that sort of thing. You would need actual feats of them doing that against someone they can't react to.

I don't see at all how that's in character.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Of course, Beerus can perfectly react to Goku unlike Jiren, and his stance would let him retaliate easily, is that sort of thing. You would need actual feats of them doing that against someone they can't react to.
I don't see at all how that's in character.
Goku didn't even know about Beerus's speed or reaction time, he stated that purely based on Beerus's posture, Goku even though he had the stats advantage over Beerus back then.

If that was true of Jiren, he wouldn't have gotten hit at all. So he can get hit, 3 times, by Goku with him unable to even react or do anything, but he'd cover his nape or any other pressure point in time.

I am really not convinced. I don't see Goku doing it.

Jiren isn't as good as Beerus, i never said so, i was just citing an exemple of bulshit martial that's portrayed in a bulshit way like someone crossing their arms.

I think you don't understand how not leaving an opening works in martial arts, you're not actively covering the part you're protecting, you're just making it so that if your opponents try to hit there, you're perfect position to break his arm without actualy getting hit, an opening is where you **** up and your opponent has basicaly a free hit on you.

I mean, that kind of stuff is what Goku always did when facing someone vastly weaker AP wise, that or shattering their spin i guesse if you count Nappa as such an exemple, only time he doesn't do that is when the weaker guy has potential from Goku's POV.

Yes indeed, I didn't refute it, but it is not a counter argument that proves Goku didn't do this because he couldn't.

So by that logic, Jiren should have had no openings for a strike in general, just not one in his "weak points". The moment he got hit and obviously could do nothing about it, Goku not doing it because he wasn't able to sounds doubtful at best.

What I remember is Goku just hitting people he's above off like he normally would, and they end out for the count because... well, they are fodder. Not him literally pressure point striking or neck chopping.

I mean, Jiren kinda didn't, he forced MUI Goku into clashes multiple time, the dude being crazy good was the whole point of the whole 'dodging the arena as it finish construction' scene. It's not because you had an opening that your opponent can hit anywhere, he can hit the opening and that's it, that's why it's called an opening.

Goku was hit at the same place by Vegeta when he turned his back after the Majin fight, it's pretty obvious we are supposed to interpret it as pressure point or at least a knock out move different from punching them.

Considering Goku's first move when they start "fighting" is blitzing past him easily, and the rest of it is easily dealing with all of his strikes, Jiren keeping up seems much more extending the fight to keep it cool.

Why would you interpret it as that?

Jiren keeping up is consistent with what he did against every UI form and Goku wasn't having an easy time, UI moves just look casual because it's cooler and work more with 'woah so skilled' that they've hyped up for it the whole serie.

Because everytime it was used, it actualy knocked out the opponent without doing actual damage even when we know they are relatives in power ? that's clearly either pressure point or a knock out thing.

It doesn't look casual despite the fact he blitzes him about 2 or 3 times in the entire fight, keeps up in speed and power and barely has a blow landed on him even when he powers up, and is the only one dealing damage? A battle being long doesn't mean much effort when there's only one side doing anything.

When was the majin fight thing? I would like to check it.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
It doesn't look casual despite the fact he blitzes him about 2 or 3 times in the entire fight, keeps up in speed and power and barely has a blow landed on him even when he powers up, and is the only one dealing damage? A battle being long doesn't mean much effort when there's only one side doing anything.
When was the majin fight thing? I would like to check it.
I just said it does look casual, it just isn't really because we clearly say Jiren going blow for blow with him afterward, that's the same pattern for every UI form.

Goku barely does any damage outside of the opening moves until he get his rage boost.

Back