• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

master sword link vs post midgar to maze high six-A

speed equalize

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo would win

saw death battle

This Link is like, my favorite, from my childhood "big boy" game, but I'm not quite sure if he has what it takes. He got bomb arrows, so that's a thing- but a lot of his items are very situational and can't be used for combat (Gale Boomerang, Dominion Rod, Spinner, Iron Boots, Ball and Chain being too slow, etc.)

This leaves Link with very few actual combat options, something I do recall fondly in the game- but didn't mind since Link's swordplay is really good.

Speaking of his swordplay though, considering Cloud likely starts with it, Link can potentially finish the fight instantly with Mortal Draw, which is like cool af. But Link's other various techniques are very handy too, plus a shield, although the Hylian Shield here is just a normal metal shield, not something that's like completely invincible.

So I think Link has the edge in CQC, but when Cloud starts using all of his Materia I don't see him winning at all. But if Link can keep it to swordplay without giving Cloud the chance, I'd bet on him. From what I remember in my childhood, Link does keep things at close range a lot of the time and CQCs a lot of his enemies away, or start with bow and find an easier time that way. (Btw in this game, Bow is much easier to use and can be fired like, pretty fast, so Cloud might have a hard time getting out Materia Spells before he needs to dodge and have em interupt them, and I recall Link has at least 50 arrows)

Last edited:
Here's the thread. The High 6-A ratings getting downgraded isn't the main focus of the thread, but it was brought up that the calcs that put them at High 6-A were pretty inflated and there's recalcs that will put them much lower.

Not that it would matter much anyway since Link currently scales to baseline while Cloud scales to 1 Exaton which would make him 225 times stronger, so Link can't really hurt Cloud and would likely just get one shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back