• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Limitless Chaos RP Thread 1

"Everything12 said:
"Perhaps but I doubt we can just call them on the Phone and say 'we have magic' and they will give us a audience, we first need to get to someone lower down who will be easier to talk to. Then once we talk to them they can help us contact people higher up."
"Sure, we can go that route.But just to make sure, I was suggesting going there under our own power. "

"Oh God help!" (cabhraíonn Dia linn)

"Run!" (Rith)

Screams of the living could be heard all over town, if one had enhanced senses they would also hear the sound of souls.

Hamsuke looked on in joy at the results of it's preparations. The people of this town had fled far enough for the authorities to notice as well as organize enough of a force to deal with what was reported.

"Should have brought Ghostbusters I guess"

While the police shot at the living dead they would suddenly drop to the ground. This was due to the fact that their souls were no longer in this world. To untrained eyes and to all modern equipment it would impossible to see the thousands of souls that flew here and there reaping the souls of the officers.

"Gotta focus"

During all this Hamsuke was sending out it's own energy to apply enhancements of the living dead, boosting their speed and durability. Even with that some fell to heavy fire as their bodies were riddled with bullets while others were successful in tearing their victims apart.

"Ack! Hey! Get him boys!

Seeing one of it's subordinates being run over by a car driven by a fleeing officer, Hamsuke ordered his death. After that Hamsuke felt slight regret at the fact that applying enhancements was the limit of what it could do for it's subordinates, healing them was impossible as that would 'purify' them. Strangely the same doesn't happen for enhancements.

"If I one day succeed in coming into contact with that place..."

Reviving the dead was possible for Hamsuke but it's certainly something it would no do for it's subordinates that sought the afterlife. With that thought Hamsuke ordered it's subordinates to search for any survivors.

Unbeknownst to Hamsuke, that 'place', the source of reincarnation held far greater gains that it could ever imagine.

After the masked man leaves, several men in filtration masks enter, all barking orders at each other to clear the room. Several of them start turning over tables, chairs, tying to find where the man went.

One of them notices the footprints and begins to approach Jet's hiding spot as the rest of them are furious at the man's escape. "This is ridiculous!" A more senior looking member says throwing a chair around. "We had the whole city block on lockdown, and he still escaped!? You people do realize this man is easily one of the most dangerous serial killers America's ever had right?"

One of the soldiers speaks up, "Sir, with all due respect, according to that girl o the TV, these people have 'superpowers', I don't think we're equipped to handle this." "Bulls**t son." The officer responds. "We're a part of the most powerful military on Earth and we can't catch one lunatic? I don't need your excuses, I need results!"

The officer continues ranting as the confused soldier approaches Jet, unsure of why there's footprint going to a potted plant of all things. He reaches down to pick up the plant, yet his hands seem to pass right through the thing! He is taken aback and turns to yell to his commander, when suddenly Jet's arm reaches through the plant and grabs the soldier by the collar, causing him to yell out for help. The others turn and see this strange plant with an arm holding their friend and are dumbfounded.

"Welp, guess the jig is up..." Jet says to herself as the visage of the plant drains away, revealing Jet standing there, holding this soldier up in the air. The soldiers all point their guns at her as Jet thinks of what to do next.

[Sorry for the hold up]

"Uhhh..."

I pace for a few seconds.

"I haven't thought that far ahead yet! But it will be brilliant, no doubt!"

"Wait!"

One of the men furthest away from the plant-girl steps forward, keeping his rifle trained on her as he does. The others unconsciously seem to move out of his way as he approaches. Without a word being said between them, it becomes clear that this one isn't like the others. There is an intense presence about him that even the squad's leader appears to be aware of, the way an owner might be wary of their most dangerous attack dog.

"Don't shoot yet."

His voice is as hard as gravel and twice as cold, but his tone remains level as he speaks. He takes another step forward, stopping a respectable distance away from the girl. The man she's holding in the air is no longer struggling, his attention moving back and forth between the two of them.

"She was watching." the soldier says to the others. "The man in the mask was here, killing our guys and having the time of his life, and she saw the whole thing. That means she knows how he got out." His eyes meet hers as he continues. "Isn't that right?"

Jet is rather surprised at this turn of events, most of these hot-shots would prefer to shoot first and ask questions later, yet this is the first that's tried to play it smart. "Might as well not destroy these ones just yet." Jet thinks to herself.

"Hmph, well at least one of you decided to smarten up." Jet says as she drops the soldier she was holding on the floor and faces the group in front of her. "And you are correct, I saw how he escaped. Yet I see no reason to tell you." Jet says with a confident smirk on her face.

The man up front doesn't seem all that fazed by the girl's attitude. Either he's dealt with worse before, or he's too focused on the topic at-hand to care. Could be both, as far anyone else in the room knows.
Without turning, the man addresses the apparent squad leader. "Sir, with all due respect, the rest of your misfits aren't getting anything done here. For all we know, the masked man is still in the building somewhere. Have them check the rest of the floors."

"I think I'll be the one barking the orders here, thank you." the leader responds, only somewhat harshly. Then he turns to the rest of the men. "Well? What are you still standing around for? Rollins, take point and make sure none of the others get themselves killed. The rest of you, get your thumbs out of your asses and start turning this place over."

"But Sir," the man named Rollins asks, "What about you and Harker?"

"We can take care of ourselves. Focus on making sure that murdering freak isn't hiding in plain sight somewhere." He looks at the soldier the girl dropped on the floor and promptly jerks his head towards the rest of the squad. "That means you too, Crosby. Get up and get moving."

Soon enough, the group is off searching the rest of the building, leaving the man called Harker and his commanding officer to deal with the new superhuman. For a while there is nothing but silence, each person quietly studying and getting a good measure of the others. Then the last soldier lowers his rifle, letting it hang from the strap on his shoulder as he speaks.

"So, I take it you want something..." He says, looking down at a few of the dead bodies on the floor. Three of them appear to have fallen on top of one another, likely having died within arms' reach of each other at roughly the same time. The man pulls a fourth body onto the pile before proceeding to sit on them the way a normal, mostly sane person might sit on a public bench. His commanding officer seems mildly disturbed by this, but he says nothing. "You're obviously not working with him, or else you wouldn't have been hiding. And you don't strike me as a "being helpful to strangers" kind of person, anyway."

The man's gun is back in his hands now. He's looking in her eyes again, his stare unflinching underneath his filtration gear. "What do you want?"

Jet stares at this man... he is very different to his fellow soldiers. Much more confident and willing to take action than the rest of the cogs in their machine. She looks up and begins approaching slowly. "What I want? Hmm... what an interesting question. What do any of us really want in this life? Money? Fame? Riches? Infinite Power? It doesn't really matter. I'm not someone who wants things, I'm someone who can give things, and take them away."

Jet stops a few feet in front of the man, and notices the mask he's wearing. "Oh right, you all threw that gas in here, let me take care of that for you." As Jet says this, she snaps her fingers on her right hand, causing all the gas in the room to fade away. "Oh, but I haven't even properly introduced myself. Name's Jet, Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony at your disservice." Jet speaks and does a half-bow before standing up straight again. She then snaps the fingers on her left hand and a throne-like chair appears behind her, which walks on it's legs towards her and stops just as she sits down.

After she sits, a pink cloud suddenly appears next to her, which starts raining chocolate milk. A cup manifests in Jets hand an she places it underneath the chocolate rain, which fills the glass from top-to-bottom instead of bottom-to-top. "Care for a glass?" Jet asks holding the drink towards the man.

Now it's the soldiers' turn to stare. The girl's display of reality-bending seems to catch the two of them off-guard. The man named Harker stiffens a bit, while his commanding officer appears to outright gawk at the girl and all of the changes she's made.
When the two of them regain their composure, Harker is the first to speak. "I'm sure I'll be fine. And maybe I worded my question wrong. You're a living, firsthand witness to the current most dangerous man in America's most recent crime, which means you have information we need. And you 'seeing no reason to tell us' says one of two things; you're either protecting him, or you want something from us in return."

"And think it's safe to assume that you're not out to protect anyone but yourself." the squad leader chimes in, having finally managed to stop staring at the pink cloud hovering next to the girl. "Still, 'Spirit of Chaos' or not, you aren't the city's biggest concern right now. We might be willing to grant a request or two, off the record, if it puts us any closer to apprehending or killing the man in the mask."

"You've seen him." Harker cuts in, and it becomes apparent afterward that neither he nor his commanding officer are showing any willingness to take off their filtration masks. "You've seen what he does and how he acts towards anyone he lays his eyes on. We don't trust you, and you don't have any reason to trust us, but do you think you can trust him? Do you think that sooner or later, you won't be next?"

Jet seems a little disappointed the man called Harker didn't take her offer. "Suit yourself." Jet says and starts to down the whole glass... literally the glass as the glass itself turns to liquid and flows into her mouth while the milk seems to retain an almost solid form in her hand. She looks at the milk still in her hand curiously for a moment before tossing it behind her, which creates a small explosion as it lands, almost like a grenade, yet no damage seems to have been caused.

"Come after me? I'd think he'd be truly insane to do that. I wasn't hiding from him because I was scared of him, I did it to try and surprise him. Though, I should warn you, he is much more clever than that mask and these worthless corpses would lead you to believe." Jet responds to Harker. "Truthfully, unless you have some way to help me grow my powers further, I doubt there's anything you can offer me."

Jet was starting to think about leaving this boring conversation when a thought came to her. "Hmm... actually, perhaps I will tell you." Jet smirks and awaits the soldiers response.

"Well, I can help you get that acess. Think of it as a sim... symbi... by.."

I think for a few seconds.

"Symbiotic relationship!"

Six floors above, the rest of the squad listens in as the girl talks.

They hadn't quite managed to clue-in on the other two's plan until all their radios suddenly started making noise at the same time. It had taken a moment to realize what was going on, but soon enough they began hearing the conversation through all of the feedback and static. Some of them had elected to watch the windows and other entry points in case anyone or anything managed to drop in unsuspected, but the rest were devoting all of their attention to their radio sets, making sure not to miss anything important.

"This chick is either out of her depth or out of her mind." one of the soldiers says as he listens to the girl speak. "She thinks she can take on that ****** in the mask by herself? And what's this "Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony" shit? Did whoever sent her here drop her on her head halfway through?"

"I dunno, man..." another chimes in. "We haven't seen what she can do yet. Christ, we didn't even know she existed until a few minutes ago. For all we know, she's just that powerful."

"Then why the **** was she hiding? And don't give me that 'She wanted to surprise him' crap, either. She's real ready to jump on that 'I wasn't scared, no way' shit, but in case you haven't noticed, Harker never said she was. Nobody's that quick to deny some shit that was never brought up unless it's the truth. 'Spirit of Chaos' or not, I bet she's ******* terrified of him."

"I don't think she is." says the man named Crosby, and something in his voice makes everyone turn to look at him. "I tried to pick her up, and my hands went though her like she wasn't even there. And as soon as I was in arms' reach of her, she snatched me up like a purse off a discount rack...Shit, you saw how she looked when we found her. All our guns pointed at her head, and she wasn't even sweating. She looked at us like we were ******* ants, man. Like we were just a bunch of bugs she could step on any time she wanted. She looks at everyone in the world like that, I know she does."

There's a long, long silence after that. The weight of his words isn't lost on any of them. Dan Crosby might not have been nearly as tough as the two men who were still in the room with that girl, but he was still a lot harder to scare than most of them were. That he'd been shaken so much by his encounter with the girl is enough to make them all think twice about her. Some of them even venture enough to wonder how Harker and the commander are managing to stay so composed right now.

"Nobody's saying anything." The second soldier says suddenly. "You think there's something going on down there?"

"Hell if I know." the first replies. "****'s sake, why do we have to listen from all the way up here?! Why couldn't we just stick around and hear this shit in person?"

"Maybe because we're not the only ones listening." another soldier points out. "Unless there's something wrong with the signal, the rest of the guys outside can hear everything we can. I dunno how many of them are left. That other chick with the cloud really messed up our numbers. But the more people we've got listening in, the better off we are. Besides, she might not talk as much with so many of us in the room--"

"Hold up." Crosby cuts in. "I hear something."

"...Well?" the commander says. "Tell us, then."

The two soldiers on the ground floor had been listening to her with rapt attention, and while most people might not have gathered much from the girl's self-absorbed rambling, the two of them had gained more information than she may ever know. But the commanding officer appears to be losing his patience now. Like every other soldier of authority deployed in this district, his priority is the man in the mask. Everything else is unnecessary if it doesn't lead to that man.

Harker, however, is considering everything that has been said so far. Under normal circumstances, one would dismiss most of it as nonsense, but he sees differently. There's something important to be gained from all of this, even if his commanding officer can't see it yet.

"Truthfully, I don't believe any of you have the power to take him down, he's quite cunning and has so far easily dispatched of your men. But I know this'll be so much more fun to watch you struggle to go after him. Nothing can satiate that man's thirst for blood. And yet... I sense that he is searching for something... not sure what, but some other purpose calls to him." Jet says, shifting several odd directions in her chair while she does so.

"Hmm, but I guess that's not the answer you're looking for is it. The real danger about him isn't his mind, it's that little knife he has. I've yet to see him use anything else to slaughter his prey. But oh wait, you're asking yourself, 'How could he kill so many with just a knife? That's impossible!' But you must open your mind to the impossible in these times, only then can you see the truth. It's of course, not just any knife, it seems to give him the ability to cut between space itself, and that is what allows him to catch so many of you unawares." Jet says, suddenly holding an illusory version of the knife in her hands before making it vanish.

"It kinda works like this!" Jet says as she suddenly sharpens the tips of her fingers, and tears into the very space next to her, leaving a small gap in reality. The space where she cut appears to be like static on a TV screen, before Jet snaps her fingers and a needle and thread appear and sew the space back together before disappearing.

"Like I said though, it'd be rather stupid to go after him, honestly I'd wager us who have been granted powers could only be taken down by other super powered beings..." Jet says dismissively, suddenly admiring the cotton candy cloud next to her. She summons an enormous spoon that scoops up the cloud and she downs it in one bite.

"Hang on." says the commander. Slowly but surely, he seems to be getting over the girl's increasingly cartoonish displays of her powers. "You're saying he gets around by cutting holes in space? He runs circles around our men because he can just cut his way from one place to the next?"

"It'd explain how he keeps showing up in different parts of the city so fast." says Harker. He looks toward the building's entrance, apparently deep in thought. "Also explains why we can never track where he's headed. For all we know, he could be jumping halfway across the state every time he disappears."

The commander considers the implications of that before looking to the girl again. "Regardless, intel is intel. You might not think we can bring him down, but you'd be surprised how far a little information can go. You've done us a real service here...whether it matters to you or not." he adds, only somewhat distainfully.

"We might not be able to give you anything," Harker adds, "but we can always make like you weren't here. Far as we're concerned, there wasn't a superhuman in sight by the time we got here. Pretty bog standard, whenever the man in the mask shows up anywhere. The people in charge'll believe it just fine."

"Speaking of," the commander says, "Rollins and the others ought to be done with their search right about now. If they haven't found the man already, then I doubt he's here anymore, not that I wasn't expecting that already..." He retrieves his radio from behind his back (making sure to appear as if he's retrieving it from his back pocket, so as not to alert the girl) and presses a button on it with his thumb before speaking into it. "Rollins, status report."

A pause, then, "No luck, sir. We checked all over the building, but he's not here. No signs of an exit, either. Over."

The commander stops for a second. "It's awful quiet up there, Rollins. What's it look like? Over."

"Empty. Few dead civs on Floor 2, but other than that, the building's clear." The voice on the other end pauses again. "Everyone's real tense up here, sir. Some of the other guys aren't convinced he's gone. Over."

"I'm sure they aren't. Round them up and bring them back down. We're leaving. Over."

"What about the girl? Over."

"You never saw her. Over."

"Understood. Over and out."

Pieces of the radio clatter against the office floor.

The little soldier boys had stitched together a half-formed plan to coax information out of the one downstairs and spread it around their ranks. Under the pretense of performing a search, the bulk of them had gone upstairs while the two downstairs stumbled their way through a conversation with her. Their real mission soon became clear; sift through all the unimportant, unhelpful nonsense-- the girl was full of that, as it turned out-- and make note of every detail that could make a difference in combating their superhuman enemies. The boys in green had never actually expected the murderer to remain in the building. He never stayed in any of the places he appeared in. It wasn't his MO.

Except this time, something had stopped him from leaving. He had allowed himself to be distracted before he could get a good enough measure of the other superhumans, and his instincts told him that it wasn't time to leave, that his purpose here hadn't been fulfilled. When he heard the soldiers coming up the stairs, he hid himself well, and once their radios came on, he heard everything they did. When he came out to kill them, their only warning came from that whimpering man named Crosby who had heard movement while the rest were busy talking. It wasn't nearly enough to save them.

From there, it was the easiest thing in the world to say the appropriate words once the conversation was over. Mimicking voices had proven to be a useful skill in his own world, but he never would have guessed that such a skill might come in handy here. That he had managed to do so well with a voice he had only heard moments before was equally surprising...

He turns to look at the dead soldiers, thinking to himself about what to do next. It seems that there isn't much else to gain from being here, but something still nags at him, as if there's some loose end he hasn't accounted for yet...

"Eh fine by me I guess. Like i said though, you're likely not gonna be able to catch him, unless you get that knife away from him." Jet says looking unimpressed at the two in front of her. "But I guess I'll get to enjoy feeling the chaos of your attempts to catch him." Jet says getting another glass of chocolate milk, this time from seemingly nowhere.

"Well since we seem to be done here, if you'll excuse me, I have some chaos to reek." Jet says, about to get out of her chair. She suddenly stops, thinking about that girl outside. "Hmm I wonder if she's still out there." Jet thinks to herself and gets out the badge from her pocket. As she looks at it, she is satisfied to see the girl is indeed still outside, although she seems to have shifted position a bit. What catches her by surprise though is the extra blip on top of her, which can only mean one thing...

"Hey, Harker was it? You said your men cleared the building? When then they're either completely inept, incompetent, or just plain stupid because that guy's still here. I'd suggest you get out of this building." Jet says while turning to face Harker.

"Good, in that case we should find a way to get a metting with this person who runs this place."

The two soldiers, having turned their attention to each other, stiffen the moment they hear the girl's words. Both of them wheel around to face her again, realization dawning on each of their faces behind their masks.

"He's still here?!" the commander exclaims. "How do you know?"

Harker takes one look at the badge in the girl's hand and understands right away. "She's got some sort of radar. Looks like it shows her where other superhumans are." His gun is already pointed at her, his gaze piercing. "Why didn't you say so sooner? What else are you keeping from us?"

"Rollins, be advised!" the commander says into his radio, "We have reason to believe the masked man is still in the building. Repeat, the masked man is still here. Do you copy? Over."

A few seconds go by with no answer from the other end.

"Rollins, do you copy? Over."

More seconds pass. Still no answer.

"Rollins, are you there? Over."

"No. I'm not."

The voice from before finally responds. Except, as both men suddenly realize, it's not the voice of their fellow soldier. Both of them turn their attention to the radio, recognizing what they had missed before; that the voice only sounds like the man the commander had sent upstairs with the rest of their squad. For all its resemblance, there's no personality or emotion in that voice, none of what makes a person real. It's the sound of a monster, doing its best impression of human speech.

The voice that only sounds like Rollins continues, seeming less and less like the real thing the longer it speaks. "I knew there was something I forgot. You saw the girl's badge, right? Did you take it from her? Or did she show you herself?" A pause. "...No, she showed you. If you'd tried to take it, you'd be dead.

"Yeah...I know all about you now, Miss Spirit of Chaos, if that's what you really are. That potted plant trick of yours is real clever stuff. If you'd just covered your tracks better, you might've gotten some more mileage out of it...But you know, it got me thinking about something. See, there was an incident earlier, right around the time I was running from all those cops. News stations were talking about it all over town. Did you know the Mayor of the city tossed a U.S. Senator out of a window earlier today?"

As the voice keeps talking, the commander motions to Harker, silently instructing him to notify the rest of the soldiers outside of the building.

"--a real bizarre case. Not just because it was a random and seemingly unprovoked attack, but also because the Mayor kept rambling on about some girl who was a plant, and how she touched his head and showed him pretty lights. Does that sound familiar to you? It does to me."

The commander is now looking out of one of the windows, watching Harker as he gets the attention of the rest of the squad. But the man's words slowly catch his attention, and before long he's turning to look at the girl again, his face slowly filling with understanding.

"And now I bet you're thinking 'Well, what does that matter? All you know is that I can turn into vegetables and make people kill each other. You don't think that's all I'm capable of, do you?' Am I right? Am I on the money? Did I hit a bullseye?"

The voice on the other end changes, and the commander seems to nearly jump out of his uniform. Out of nowhere, the voice sounds just like the hers, right down to the last snide detail.

"You'd be surprised how much you can learn if you just listen and pay attention for a while. All that snapping your fingers and removing the tear gas and making other weird things happen while you talked and talked and talked some more...gave me a real good idea of the scope of your powers. But that just got me thinking again, didn't it? 'What about the Mayor?' I asked myself. 'Why would she need to touch him on his head to take control of him if she could just snap her fingers and make it happen?'..."

"Now before you start really thinking about what I just said, I want to make something clear. You and I? We could be on the same page. If you really are some 'Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony', you should be more than happy to let me do my work. You've seen what I do. You've seen what I am...But make no mistake. The moment you get in my way, the moment you give me one reason to lay you down with the rest of the bodies in this city...and that is exactly what I'll do."

For a while, it appears as if the voice is done talking. Then the commander's radio sputters to life one last time.

"Post-script? The whole reason I managed to listen in on your conversation is because your new companions had their little talkboxes running while you were telling them my business, so you can thank your new soldier-boy friends for all the info I've got on you now...The ones up here are already dead. Do whatever you want with the rest."

Jet thinks about what the man said to her just now. Seems her new friends don't like to play nice. That's fine, neither does she. Her arm extends out and grabs the radio out of the commanders hand and replacing it with a rubber chicken that he doesn't seem to notice. She lets it float next to her as she speaks into it.

"Oh Masky, you're something! Really you're something! I might just go to pieces if I don't die laughing first!" Jet's whole body suddenly breaks into several pieces onto the floor while she laughs as if she just heard an amazing joke. Her body reforms after a few seconds and she continues. "But I live only according to my own whims and desires, and you're just another one of the many fools in this world on the same mindless march to some sort of 'ultimate goal', and that's not really my style. And before you go making any more of your knifepoint threats, just remember I know what you can do too, and frankly, I'm not impressed. Oh but before you give me another scathing word thrashing, let me take care of something." Jet lets the radio clatter onto the floor and faces the 2 soldiers in front of her.

"Now now boys, you should have told me you liked to play games. I love games, I'm great at games!" Jet says in a jokeish tone while taking a step towards the soldiers. This causes Harker to take a shot at Jet, whose head splits in half to avoid the attack before coming back together. "Oh now now soldier-boys, I already told you you didn't have what it took to take down that masked man, now why'd you think you had a chance with me?" Jet says mockingly as the gun suddenly turns to a strange amoeba-like creature that crawls out of Harker's hand onto the floor.

"Well then, what should I do with you boys?" Jet says floating around the 2 men, who have become frozen with fear. "Should I throw you into the void of space, leaving you gasping for air til your bodies explode?" As Jet says this, an illusory image of that scenario appears before them, playing out every detail of their potential death. "Maybe I'll possess your bodies and make you watch as your friends and family fall by your own hands?" Another image appears showing this. "Send you back in time and let you get eaten by dinosaurs, or even more foul creatures from a time the world forgot?" Yet another illusion clouds their vision. "Maybe borrow your mind and use it to power a ship that'll send hundreds of your men flying into the sun?" As expected, another illusion. "Or better yet, perhaps I'll just throw the whole of New York into my chaotic wonderland, all because you decided, 'Hey, let's play a prank on the most powerful person on the planet!'" Another illusion appears showing New York as the chaos capital of the world, in a constant state of panic, confusion, and weirdly enough, irony.

The soldiers are completely baffled at the sights before them and seeing them attempt to speak lets her remember something the masked man said, how she left the mayor in a state of insanity, for just a harmless murdering. Perhaps she'll do the same here. "But you know what would cause the most chaos of all?" Jet says floating back to her original position in front of them. "Letting you go back to your soldiers, and seeing the sorry state I've left you in, your incoherent speech, your inability to lead, your filled with chaos minds, then they'd truly be the most idiotic people in the world to challenge my power again!" Jet says as the illusions suddenly swirl like clouds around her, each still showing the horrifying images of what she can do, as they suddenly lunge forward and pierce the minds of the 2 soldiers, leaving them screaming and grabbing at themselves at the scenarios playing out in their heads. Finally the illusory nightmares subside as the 2 are left not moving on the floor, still alive but haven been driven insane by the images in their heads.

Jet lowers herself to the floor and the radio floats back up next to her. "Apologies for that interruption, had to take care of some pests. If you're still thinking you can take me down I'd sincerely hope you reconsider, I don't think our friend who granted us powers gave us any stipulation on killing each other. Now then I must admit, you are a rather interesting fellow with your silly knife tricks. Truthfully, I have no wish to go after you, but don't you think this'll be so much more fun with more lives on the line, yours included?"

The voice doesn't speak for a long time. For a while, it seems as if the man isn't even there anymore. Then the radio crackles to life one more time.

"Numbers and lives don't matter to me." the other end of the radio says, and now its taken on a new voice of its own. "Everyone in this world will die sooner or later. Even me...But I hoped you, the supposed Spirit of Chaos, would understand what I do, and all the madness and fear it brings to this city, and let me get down to it. I guess I misjudged you. Happens to the best of us...

"You want to try and stop me? Go right ahead. Bring this whole building crashing down. Snap your fingers and have all eight stories collapse on me like they're made of cards...If you think you can do that."

Jet thinks for a moment. Then notices movement outside, seems like Harker managed to call for some help before Jet got to him. "Well, it's like I said before Masky, I have no intention of hunting you down, but you would be foolish to keep making your threats to me, and even more to give me ideas. I'd love to chat more, but it seems we are running out of time." Jet lets the radio clatter onto the floor, this time it breaks from constantly being dropped.

Jet quickly flies over to an office and finds the floor plan for the building. "Well, I might not be able to bring down the whole building normally just yet, but I can do the next best thing. This should buy me some time to escape these guys." Jet thinks to herself as she quickly flies over to one of the supporting pillars. According to the schematics, these pillars are the load bearings for the whole building. Jet takes a swipe at the one in front of her and knocks it out to the side.

Jet then quickly flies around, knocking out the other pillars as she goes. There's an obvious creak and give to the building for each one she knocks out. She then notices one last pillar on the far end of the office. She phases herself through the wall and carefully removes one of the grenades from the soldiers belts who are about to break inside. She phases back through and pulls the pin before tossing the grenade right at the pillar, the loud explosion rocks the building as the last pillar is destroyed, the side walls are seemingly able to hold for a moment, but only that as the whole building suddenly starts collapsing in on itself! The soldiers make a run for it while Jet shapeshifts herself into one of them and joins them from afar, watching as the building begins to crumble.

From the safety of another roof. the masked man watches as the building starts to collapse. The manner in which it sinks in on itself tells him all he needs to know. His educated guess has turned out to be true after all; the girl's powers, immense and varied as they are, have limits to how much area they can cover. Otherwise, she wouldn't have had to resort to taking out the building's load bearings.

Of course, he had already moved to another nearby building long before goading her into destroying the one she was in. After all, it just wouldn't do to let himself be done in by something so simple.

His train of thought lapses as an enormous plume of dust erupts from the building's crumbling impact, clouding the entire city block. Suddenly the entire vicinity becomes nigh-impossible to see, even from his new vantage point.

The smoke billows around Jet as she raises her arm to try and keep the dust from clouding her vision. "Well, that takes care of that." That probably wouldn't kill him giving his preferred method of travel, but it'll at least allow her to slip away unnoticed from the military in the chaos. Jet begins heading towards another block.

As she is walking, she notices rescue crews beginning to pull out the wreckage, seems like there were still office workers in the higher floors of the building when she did that. Miraculously, one crew seems to pull out a man in a military outfit. She can't see from this distance, but it seems either Harker or that commander managed to survive. Well, at least that part can still work.

Jet turns away from the scene and begins making her way deeper into the city, posing as a soldier on the way to some high priority location or whatever lie she feels like telling anyone who questions where she's going.

After some time of surveying things as best he can through the dust clouding his vision, the man in the mask concludes that the girl has probably escaped somehow. He does the mental equivalent of a shrug. He'll hardly be bothered if he goes the rest of his life without seeing her again...even if she was a bit intriguing to interact with.

He looks up from the commotion happening below, and sees a girl floating atop a cloud, watching the spectacle from above. He feels the sudden urge to pick something up and throw it at her, just to see how she'll react. But he rises above it. Not like she's given him a reason to start messing with her. Yet.

Without much more reason to keep him here, the man turns and leaves, cutting his way off the roof of the building. The badges show his presence skipping halfway across the city, reappearing somewhere east.

Jet finds her way into an alley, a secluded location where she can plan her next move. She snaps her fingers on her left hand and another wall appears at the entrance to the alley, making it look like a continuation of the wall. The visage of the soldier shimmers away as Jet returns to her normal look.

Jet sighs and leans against the side wall. What a day she's had. First she kills a senator and gets the mayor arrested for the fun of it, then she 'fights' some serial killer and knocks a building down, and now she's hiding in an alley unsure if either the Masked Man or the military is following her. She looks at her hand and sighs. It's still not good enough. For her seemingly endless potential, she still doesn't feel as powerful as she should. Something's still holding her back, and it must be changed. Jet takes a moment to think about what to do.

Back