• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Liliana Vess vs Shao Kahn

Whenever she kills demons. They're stated to be able to reform from pure black mana, and I asked a long time ago about that and got the answer that it would be low godly.

Wokistan said:
Scales to a lightning calc, eventually. It was a generic "Dodge lightning" so I don't think there's a specific calc.
Specficially this feat. It doesn't have a timeframe so IDK how I'd go about calcing it.

If Liliana can bypass that then she probably takes this, IMO.

Votes should be updated in a bit.

Bump

bumpo

Not sure, but I don't believe it matters.

Why does it not matter? Shao needs a viable win condition, plus it doesn't matter if he can activate his hax fast enough if she seems to resist most of his abilities.

Kredory is technically correct, Shao needs to have a way of winning, otherwise this would be a stomp.

Okay so how good is her resistance btw? If she doesn't resist soulhax on SK's level then I still vote Lil for having more stuff to bring to the table

The Chain Veil nopes the control demons who own her soul has over it; IDK how good of a feat that is in regards to numbers though as I'm not that knowledgeable about the history of said four demons.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Shao Kahn should have thought based abilities actually, his strongest key is actually just him being a being of pure shapeless energy in this form. He wouldn't need to raise his hand to use soulhax or anything.
Now this is something, hmm

Right, but here's how it is:

Shao Kahn has soulhax that Liliana resists because of the Chain Veil, which amps her to absolutely dummy strong levels, strong enough to keep up with far, far more powerful beings at times.

Liliana has death hax that Shao Kahn can't really resist much at all, since it can affect godlies and non-corps.

Overall, Liliana is more likely to snag the kill than Shao, due to actually having some level of resistance.

I didn't get any answer to how good is her resistance, that's what actually matters here. If she resists his level of soulhax then it's a stomp since he has nothing to win this plus his immortality and ways to survive this encounter can be easily negated

I wouldn't quite call it a stomp, as her resistance relies on the Chain Veil amping her to absurd levels. I would call it closer to mid-diff for Liliana, as I think it's more likely that Chain Veil amps and protects her soul with resistance, or she power nulls, even if just for a second. And all she needs is the tiniest second to land death hax and win.

So how good is her resistance again? Only soulhax is his viable way to win, the rest of his hax are resisted including age, life and mind manip

Remember that the chain veil itself does run the risk of killing her as well, she was nearly destroyed by it when she tanked a hit from Emrakul. It's not a 100% guarantee of safety for her but it should work out more often than not especially considering she's also throwing out her death manip.

Not to mention she has power null, which if she uses in response to the soul rip, would also score her a win.

I feel like Liliana wins more likely than not.

Okay, I just realized something.

She has Type 7 immortality, and that's a nice counter to Shao Kahn's kind of soulhax. Usually, having your soul ripped out also drains your lifeforce in the MK verse. Guess what? She is already dead (or in this case, undead), hence she has no lifeforce to take from the beginning.

So basically all Shao Kahn is doing is just taking her soul and nothing happens, he gains nothing from using his soulhax. Plus she won't be withered to an old person thanks to Type 1 Immortality. I am inclined to say stomp, because even if she does not resist getting soul ripped, Shao Kahn cannot kill her that way. And incapacitation? Not an option when she resists mindhax.

Lifeforce draining won't kill her yeah.

But Soul Hax absolutely would still kill her, a soul controlling a dead body can still be ripped and absorbed

I don't think that's how it works.

When you get your soul ripped, you lose life force as well. Here, Shao Kahn is just doing some kind of astral projection on her.

Liliana's soul was already in a sense ripped by those 4 demons (and now Bolas since he inherited their contracts). This affords them the ability to forcibly control her if need be (though the chain veil was able to block that out long enough for Liliana to kill one despite not owning her own soul). Shao Kahn could still make her into some soulbound slave since the Chain Veil isn't 100%.

Kredory said:
I don't think that's how it works.

When you get your soul ripped, you lose life force as well. Here, Shao Kahn is just doing some kind of astral projection on her.
No you don't.

Your soul is a part of your body whether its alive or dead

Your body is dead but a soul is possessing it? Pulling it out is a victory

I can confirm with my knowledge of MTG that, seeing that Liliana's soul being owned by four demons was a massive hinderance to her, Shao Kahn could certainly make work of her with soul manip. Unfortunately, it's not enough for a win.

It'd cause her a huge issue in the long term. The Chain Veil just lets her ignore it long enough to kill one of the 4 owners of her soul, and I guess she can make do with 1/4 to kill the other 3.

It's a darn shame she didn't read the fine print regarding who her soul belongs to after all the demons are dead.

bump

C'mon we need two more for Grace.

Stomp fra

Not a vote btw

Honestly I don't see why this is fair given how she can ignore his non corporeality and regen with a thought, and he really can't do much about it. She also outhaxes and resists two of his potent abilities for him to win dis

Back