• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
trouble is I don't really remember him doing anything on screen before acquiring the stones, and when he did have the complete Gauntlet he didn't dodge Thor's attack so even if he can move faster, his reaction time doesn't look that strong

Son Gandhi said:
Thanos stomps hard, literally disintegrates Lightning on the spot.
yea he could, he wouldn't even have to be near her. Personally, I think the person who sets this match up hates Lightning as he made the parameters almost entirely in Thanos's favor. With the Time gem you shouldn't have to equalize speed as Thanos is hax personified

I don't hate Lightning, I just don't want people to say that Thanos will not use his hax.

God why must you make me do this to Lightning...

Thanos has thee infinity gauntlet. Unless Lightning goes for a finishing blow from the get go, Thanos will most likely win a'la "You should've gone for the head."

I can't say it isn't in character for him to save his hax for later becuase he just got those at the end of the film. We don't exactly know how he'll fight. Which is why using the Thor parallel helps.

well if he doesn't immediately go for the kill move and instead fights I think there's a chance Lightning could win, she'd most likely notice that when ever he closed his fist he'd get more powerful. She could summon odin and since her strength is considerable she'd be able to stop him from closing his fist long enough for Odin to sever Thanos's arm or even his head

He doesn't use the gauntlet by close his fist, he uses it by being able to move it. And if Thanos sees the behemoth that is Odin, I think he'd go for some hax. Maybe not erase her or odin, but some other hax.

DraycoMakargo said:
He doesn't use the gauntlet by close his fist, he uses it by being able to move it. And if Thanos sees the behemoth that is Odin, I think he'd go for some hax. Maybe not erase her or odin, but some other hax.
when Tony put that device that kept him from closing his fist he seemed unable to use any more hax until he ripped it off, to me it seems closing his fist also closes the "circuit" and enables him to harness the Gems' powers, as he closes his fist to open a portal behind him after he wipes out half of the life

Thanos closes his fist then gems start glowing and he starts doing crazy stuff, I think most people would realize the connection; it also seems if his concentration is broken he loses whatever augments he's using because he couldn't use the gems' powers even though I'm pretty sure they were active before. According to their profiles it seems Lightning's stats are all around higher than Thanos's, and she can buff herself as well, so if she can divert his attention via Odin or a feint, grab his Gauntlet she might, this is a big might, be able to remove the Gauntlet before he realizes. Not likely, but it's possible

Thanos' profile says he needs to be able to move his hand to use the gauntlet. Not to mention as soon as Thanos was able to regain his bearings in the fight, thanks Chris Pratt, he took back the gauntlet that almost slipped off his hand and used it's power to overcome the others. But if his hands closing is really true, then is this the case for his comics incarnation? Would his comic incarnation also have this weakness, or was this really just added to the film?

in the movie they make a big deal about preventing him from closing his hand as both Tony and Strange inhibit him from doing so, as for the comics I don't remember, but I know every shot in the movie that shows him using it his fist is raised and turned to show the Gauntlet being active

I think if he's just gonna snap his fingers the whole point of this board is redundant so I think the instakill should be off the board until the end, used as his killing move after breaking down Lightning. I mentioned a while ago that if he were to go for the instakill he wouldn't need to be anywhere near Lightning.

He wouldn't use the Space Gem to open a portal to her, he'd just snap his finger and she'd disappear while doing something else

What kind of match would Bloodlusted Thanos lose in? Just from the top of anyone's head. Just to compare to this fight. I'd imagine a someone with resistance to reality manipulation?

Don't both characters have to be bloodlusted, or does it not matter and you're allowed to pick choose?

With these parameters so far it looks like Thanos will win.

just Thanos is bloodlusted, and their speed is equalized

the parameters are pretty much catered to Thanos, the question is: Will Lightning's Arise abilitiy be capable of counteracting the instakill?

Yeah, one of the GREATEST bosses in FF13. -_- Here, she doesn't know about Thanos' capabilities. So, don't expect her to go all out.

Not a good example.

Lightning in this form is on a time limit, and only lasts in this form for a very short time, she has quite literally zero reason not to instantly Time Stop and guess what, a thought beats snapping your fingers.

I see it going kind of like this:

Thanos starts w/ an instakill attempt, but Lightning's Arise ability reverses it. This triggers Thanos so he charges in, and they clash equal at first until Lightning begins overpowering Thanos, he breaks away and channels the Power Stone boosting himself and weakening her. She notices this and buffs herself back while also landing a few debuffs on him. After a few clashes Thanos uses the reality stone to petrify Lightning, and she instinctively uses Esuna to prevent it before it takes hold.

At this point she summons Odin and the two go on the offensive, with both moving fast Thanos uses the Time Stone to slow them down, while clashing Lightning notices that whenever he closes his hand he uses more powers so she commands Odin to get in and prevent him from activating the Gauntlet.

Odin grabs hold of the Gauntlet and twists Thanos' arm suddenly, breaking his concentration and turning off the augments. Thanos struggles to close his fist but is able to narrowly avoid a sword swipe from Lightning aimed at his arm. He nails her with a punch from his free arm and manages to close his fist channeling all of the Stones' powers, obliterating Odin. However the overwhelming power of all the Stones damages the Gauntlet(it looked scorched and ruined after he snapped his fingers so the Gauntlet seems to have a limit) rendering it less powerful; Lightning goes on the offensive again and Thanos responds with a beam-like attack. Lightning puts her shield up and gradually closes the distance. A blinding flash occurs and an explosion of dust obscures the arena.

When the air clears who wins?

I'd say Lightning

<Thanos raises his fingers

<Thanos gets his head and arms cut off instantly with no idea where or how

Lightning FRA

Thanos has hax on at least low 2-C scale but Lightning is far above physically. I'd say who ever hits first. But I'd give this one to Thanos cause bloodlusted and insane hax.

Once it's activated it starts taking effect, cinematic timing makes it seem longer so it's more impactful, she would probably disintegrate before she could do anything to get the win.

We talking Movies or Comics? Cause, if we're talking Comics, then...

Every word you just said was wrong.

Even One-Above-All has no chance against Lightning. She can delete multi-universes and create a new one at will.

Son Gandhi said:
Once it's activated it starts taking effect, cinematic timing makes it seem longer so it's more impactful, she would probably disintegrate before she could do anything to get the win.
due to her being used to fighting at very high speeds you can't discount her reaction times, there's no way she wouldn't notice disintegration, as well as petrification.

imho Lightning has an answer to all that Thanos can throw at her, and superior physicality

I also want to point out that after getting the last Stone his answer to Thor's attack was a beam that probably barely slowed down Thor, to me that shows an interesting weakness in his strategy and tactics: he knows how and where to apply force, be it his own or his forces, but he has no other real responses to someone overpowering him except to use hax, whereas Lightning shows better tactics, targeting and making weaknesses, and has a more impressive arsenal to call on.

Monterossa said:
We talking Movies or Comics? Cause, if we're talking Comics, then...

Every word you just said was wrong.
Even One-Above-All has no chance against Lightning. She can delete multi-universes and create a new one at will.
that's a stretch, we only see her destroy and replace 1 universe w/ no mention of a multiverse in existence

Back