• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightning vs Aurora

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
LightningReturns
Aurora

Two sword-wielding saviors of bleak worlds with names alluding to their powers. Battle takes place somewhere in a random forest, starting distance of 100 feet, both have access to all standard equipment.

Round 1: Base Lightning vs Duskmoon Tower Era Aurora

Round 2: Knight of Etro Lightning vs Cynbel Sea Aurora

Round 3: Both at the very maximum of their potential.

Who wins? Be sure to state your reasoning.

Round 1: While they are pretty equal, Aurora is much faster, so I'd give it to her. Lightning, however, may be able to pull out a win considering the Orphan calc was nearly 4x the GBE of the moon, while Aurora is likely only the minimum for Moon Level. Note that I based these stats off of endgame Lightning, as that is the closest match.

Round 2: Aurora, as she is Star Level while Lightning is Planet Level.

Round 3: Lightning, given how I believe Bhunivelze created the "New World" in an instant (Which I didn't add in the profile becuase I thought it would cause disagreement), and he defeated the former creator of the universe, Mwynn. This gets worse if we believe Umbra only extinguished the stars in the visible night sky (I just consider it up for debate), which would only make her Multi-Solar System Level.

Of course. And is there any particular argument for or against Bhunivelze creating this new world in an instant? Sounds like reasonable enough logic, just wondering.

Well, Mog just says that Bhunivelze was "creating his own universe", with no indicated timeframe, and I feel like Bhunivelze did that quickly, given how he arguably has another universal feat, killing his mother Mwynn, the creator of the original universe.

There's nothing in-game that really says how long it took Bhunivelze to create the New World, I just go with "he did it in one go", because that makes the most sense to me.

I'll just say Lightning in round 3, im not confident in my awnsers for the others. Those cutscenes were amazing well done. As is almost anything by square enix.

You realize that at some point speed becomes meaningless right? Given how Light's at least 3-B, while Aurora is just 3-B, I don't see how Aurora would win that round.

Bhunivelze created an entire universe, and it's possible Aurora is only 4-A. Also, blocking Relativistic+ attacks from virtually point-blank should be FTL.

That Aurora is 3-B at her strongest is a pretty darn safe assumption to make, to be honest, just saying.

...also, this isn't looking like it's going to conclude any time soon. Note to self, avoid Multi-Round threads in the future...

@DarkSchneiderKing

Because Lightning blocked that at point black easily.

@ThePerpetual

Well, I'm still saying Light in Round 3, given how she's at least 3-B.

The Everlasting said:
Easily blocking a Relativistic+ attack at point-blank = FTL.
I'm not even in this but... That makes absolutely no sense. That would mean blocking a Supersonic attack at point blank would make a character Hypersonic, up a tier (Massively Hypersonic) would make them Sub-Relativistic, and so on. That makes no sense at all.

We rate Kars as FTL+ for blocking a beam of light, why wouldn't Light be FTL for blocking a Relativistic+ attack?

As long as everyone else in fiction who does similar feats can get something from this. Still doesn't make any sense.

He blocked it, as did Light with a Relativistic+ attack. Besides, Light always has Overclock.

Like I said, this will just result in us going back and forth.

The Everlasting said:
We rate Kars as FTL+ for blocking a beam of light, why wouldn't Light be FTL for blocking a Relativistic+ attack?
Errr... this sort of leads me to wonder...

If blocking a beam of light at extremely close range would yield FTL+, wouldn't dodging ten+ beams at the same time that all appear in different directions around you right next to you also count by that same logic? If so, Aurora would be FTL+. We've got to be consistent with our logic, just saying.

On a side note, remember that I as an OP will only offer an opinion on the fight if asked to.

Well, how exactly is it possible to dodge an attack coming from that many directions? But I'm still sticking with my verdict on Round 3. Besides, Light still has Overclock to slow Aurora down immensely.

...well, Aurora might be High 3-B or even Low 3-A and also maybe FTL+ at peak...

...buuuuuut those recent Lightning buffs sort of... yeah.

Back