• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Light Yagami vs Light Turner

Inb4 deathnote app based on the game based on the toy series based on the trading cards game based on the book based on the Netflix movie based on the og that let's you kill people irl

The Netflix death note has less limitations, which include making people do stuff they cannot do normally ( like writting in perfect Japanese), Cause Collateral Damage, mind control (like he did with Watari, giving him further orders by phone), it is implied that the netflix death note can kill death gods (Just that Ryuk kills em before they could even write the second letter) and can use it with a surname (mind haxed Watari by simply writting "Watari")

while light could outsmart light, light turner was showing an increased proficiency at using the death note and increased abuse of vague rules.

anyways cool light would probably play it safe and slow, meticulously planning a way to discover and kill the other light only for a gas main to explode because a pedophile was haxxed into committing suicide by arson.

(also at what point in each's story are they at? because if its early enough light y could have a chance)

Early Light Y doesnt have access to police info, which would be useful because the way Turner's dad figure out who he was was because his first victim was her mother's killer, something not even L managed to piece together.

But it would be pretty hard to play it safe when literally anyone around you could be turned into a suicide bomber or a spy in any minute. Yagami would habe to solve ot on his own to discard this possibility, specially since Turner only needs one name to work with (ex. Watari)

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Thing is, and I might be underestimating him, but I don't see Turner even figureing out Yagami is Japanese.
Pretty sure the sudden mass death via heart attack in japan will go viral to the world. And pretty sure Turner, while is not as inteligent as Yagami, will catch on that there is another Kira in Japan.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Thing is, and I might be underestimating him, but I don't see Turner even figureing out Yagami is Japanese.
Pretty sure the sudden mass death via heart attack in japan will go viral to the world. And pretty sure Turner, while is not as inteligent as Yagami, will catch on that there is another Kira in Japan.
Same can be said for Turner

From what I saw in the movie, Turner main method of killing is accident based kill, not heart attack. He also kills criminals from another country too, not only from America.

I still see Yagami figures out Turned whereasbout, but I can see Turned will be the first one to figure out his opponent's location first.

Turner then writes "Tarou Yamada (Literal Japanese Joe Smith) - Writes in a wall "If the other Kira doesnt show his face and name, i will murder the Prime Minister within 24 hours"

I mean, that would cause some ******* panic and make the japanese police go into overdive.

Yup.

Turner legit only cares that evil people are eliminated, Mia was the one that came up with the "Kira" thing in the netflix movie, he even spares L just to stop Mia before she kills any more people.

Dammm...Turner might actually win this.

While he's not as intelligent as Yagami, he still can be considered at least above average possibly genius by the end of the movie (With his weakness being that he's naive); and compared to canon, his death note is OP AF.

Couldn't Turner just write "John Doe teleports behind the person who's hunting me and kills him before having a heart attack"?

Probably, i dont see any reason it wouldnt work.

Buuut, it should be noted that his mind slaves can be interrupted by non-controlled people.

Like when he asked watari to look for L´s name but was shot by a security guard.

Ryuk also noted "the death of the victim should be as physically as possible".

I will post my full thought about this, but it would be a wall of text.

In the movie?

Then the action should be reasonable enough for a human to do, like writting names on the death note for Turner, go and spy on the police, become a suicide bomber, press the big red button, etc, etc.

So no "John makes Light Turner omnipotent and gets run over by a car" any time soon.

I think a simple message screwing over the goevernments into finding Kira would work wonders. Like "Another Kira here. If the governments of the world do not bring me the Kira that is currently operating in Japan in a day, i will start murdering high ranking officers and being them into my will to reveal the most intimate of secrets to the public. This kira is evil god complex asshole, and i wish to eliminate him from this world."

or "John Smith writes a perfect recreation of the face of whoever is tracking me down."

It is something that John Smith doesnt 100% know, so it would still work just like it did with the japanese.

or "John Smith tweets "I am being controlled by the second kira, and these attacks will continue with other people unless the other kira´s face and name is shown to the public" then straps himself with a homemade bomb he prepared within a week and makes it explote on the prime minister´s office."

and repeat that exact tweet with other important japanese buildings or turistic attractions.

Hell, he doesnt even need to decide, he can use the three methods at the same time.

Just a question, do the japanese police knew about the existence of Death Note? Cuz it will significantly affected my analysis if they do.

It depends at which point the Kira case it at the moment.

If it is after the Japan Kanto Region stuff, then Turner could just use a streaming service or go to 2ch to hear about L challenging Kira and focus on hunting him down the other Death Note user in Kanto, Japan.

If the Japanese police is in the Post-Yatsuba arc and L has access to the death note and its rules, then he could assume the other Kira would probably have the same notebook.

If it is post-L, then Yagami would have to kill the rest of the Japanese police team so the information wouldnt go to the rest of the police, or would become potential spies.

Well, since i see that Yagami is getting kind of screwed here, then i would have to chose Post-L Kira, without restrains nor supervision from L. But Turner would already know of the Kanto, Japan stuff by going to 2ch, since that was a public statement and the entire world already knew of Kira (Yagami) at that point.

Yagami via intelligence.

Turner was a bullied kid who was controlled by a random gal like 90% of the movie.

He could have a better Death Note, but he can't defeat Yagami, his susceptible personality it's a considerable drawback.

Imagine a chess match, player one starts with all the pieces, but he knows the basics. Player two starts with 1xRook, 1xHorse, 1xBishop, 1xQueen and the King of course, but he is Magnus Carlsen...Who wins?

I saw the movie, Turner was so dumbass compared to Yagami, this is an intelligence stomp.

Back