• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Li Shuwen vs Kenshiro

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
Martial Combat

The Grandmaster of Bajiqua

vs

The Grandmaster of Hokuto Shinke

Equipment:
Unarmed

Scenario: Kenshiro was looking for a good martial artist to fight after getting bored blowing people up with finger flicks.

He ventured to Fuyuki, the center of weird and dangerous stuff on the off-chance he might find a worthy opponent. There, he found the winner of the grail war, Li Shuwen and his master who would let his servant be to find a way to dismantle the grail.

Li and Ken met each other in a ramen shop and consequently had a talk on who is the better combatant, leading to a fight.

Mindset: In-character

R1: Both at base; Li only uses normal strikes, Kenshiro is at base (Speed Equalized)

Ken 2 Li 1

R2: Both are allowed their strongest (Speed Equalized)

Ken 1 Li 2

A forest

The main problem is a huge speed gap between Kenshiro and Li Shuwen... Should be equalized or else blitz stomp for Kenshiro.

I leave my input here, in case of speed equalization by OP.

Round 1

As far as I understand, Li Shuwen can use everything except his infamous Ki Aura abilities. Otherwise it will be kind of unfair for Li Shuwen.

Attack Potency: Li Shuwen has slight edge here - he can attack with his Fierce Tiger and one-shot Kenshiro if it connects. The same true for other direction. Additionaly Kenshiro can use his infamous pressure techniques as well.

Skill set: Li Shuwen is kind of left behind. Kenshiro can use his HnK pressure techniques even at base. The saving grace for Li Shuwen could be only his full Mastery of Ki (IMHO he is much better with Ki compared to Kenshiro) - he could try to coat his body with Cosmic Orbit with Ki to protect his body and deflect Ki-based attacks of Kenshiro. But still I think Kenshiro has more options to take down Li Shuwen.

Intelligence: Kenshiro could adapt to Li Shuwen Bajiquan (well, I think Kenshiro should recognize Bajiquan at first glance) but Li Shuwen was known as Master among Masters so he can improvise. Still Kenshiro has better chances to outsmart Li Shuwen.

Overall: I give Kenshiro 6 out of 10 chances to win. He has more options, should easily understand basics of Bajiquan (the real Martial Art) and can withstand several normal strikes from Li Shuwen. Li Shuwen take 4 out of 10 because his Ki Mastery and his Fierce Tiger can actualy oneshot Kenshiro.

Round 2

Attack Potency: Nothing changed from Round 1 aside Li Shuwen can use God Spear - No Second Strike Needed.

Skill Set: This became tricky one. Li Shuwen's Sphere Boundary allows him to always initiate attacks and avoid counter-attacks if his God Spear - No Second Strike Needed fails. Additionaly he can attack intangibile opponents. This make Li Shuwen's chances to win much higher.

Intelligence: Kenshiro still should recognize Bajiquan. But complete pressence erasure of Li Shuwen leaves Kenshiro without important information.

Overall: I give Li Shuwen 8 out of 10 chances to win. His Sphere Boundary and God Spear - No Second Strike Needed are extremely dangerous versus enemy who don't have any sort of counter to it. Kenshiro take 2 out of 10 because his experience and skill could allow him to counter Li Shuwen and blind hit him.

My bad. I was thinking of adding Speed Equal, I forgot.

Edit;

R1: Kenshiro 1 - Li Shuwen 0

R2 Kenshiro 0 - Li Shuwen 1

both round to li shuwen because of sphere boundary the moment ken realise li shuwen attacks its already to late because the speed is equalize here

Hmmm after reading li shuwen here's how I see it go

Round 1: from what I have read from li shuwen. He also has attacks that could on shot Ken and vise versa. In terms of AP li has the slight advantage albeit not really that much but still none the less an advantage. But what really matters hear is skill. In terms of skill I believe Kenshiro trumps li, yes li is a grand master of baijiquan, and yes he has moved that could put down Ken if given the chance, however Ken has a much,much,much bigger and I argue deadlier Arsenal ranging from not just hokuto Shinken which I believe alone should suffice but he has other multiple deadly styles under his belt like Nanto,gento,and ryuuken. While some say li shuwens ki is better than Kens I argue that they both are about even in terms of using ki. Kenshiro has mastered his ki as well and his ki acts also as a force field and protects him from projectiles and could even attack with out him lifting a finger. Also just like 99% of his Arsenal his aura could kil so while li has a rather impressive mastery over ki I say they are even. Overall I give round one to Kenshiro 8-9/10 use the fact he has a wide variety of incredibly deadly techniques, he should most likely be familiar with lis fighting style(is a real, ancient martial art) and could easily adapt and counter lis style unlike li.

Round 2: Sam reasons as above, except now li has more moves he can use. Like I said if given the chance Kenshiro and li could kill one another, however people believe if li uses sphere boundary he can predict and counter Kens attack while making him invisible, I'd like to point out 1:Kenshiro senses are so heightened he could easily fight being both blind and deaf and still act and fight as if he wasent, 2: Kenshiro could also like li shuwen erase his presence completely using Kükyoku Ryübu (þ®║µÑÁµÁüÞê×, Empty Polar Current Dance. Li going invisible will not put Ken at a huge disadvantage and Ken could sense his attacks from li's ki or other methods. Theirs also two big facts Ken does have one big hax that could affect li and that's MT, I read he has some resistance of being erased from existance but I think in the long run Ken could finish of li with it. Lastly it says no second strike stops the opponents heart , and here's the thing Ken could one easily restart his heart with one of his pressure points and two even if Ken blew up his heart or multiple internal organs he could regenerate his heart and etc because his healing factor allows him too(low-Mid). Overall I believe Ken wins both rounds with round 2 being him winning with difficulty.

First, Sphere Boundary is not "ki makes Li invisible", it is "ki cloak Li and droped to ambient levels" - in other words Li can't be detected via senses at all. You need sixth sense to even detect his attack from it.

Second, No Second Strike infuse Li own ki to crush enemy heart and destroy ki channels (magic circuits).

Yamatohime said:
First, Sphere Boundary is not "ki makes Li invisible", it is "ki cloak Li and droped to ambient levels" - in other words Li can't be detected via senses at all. You need sixth sense to even detect his attack from it.

Second, No Second Strike infuse Li own ki to crush enemy heart and destroy ki channels (magic circuits).
Okay the sphere boundary then could make it difficult for Ken to detect but he does have subconscious reflexes even if he can't see li his aura still protects him always like raohs, and kens body and ,serial art prowess could still detect li faint ki(albeit it will be hard) and hit him once. Also Ken could regenerate his heart, he healed up his organs even though Kaioh was depleting his ki the entire time they were fighting or near each other.

I doubt that Ken can detect Li's ki. After all Li fools Nature instead of his opponent. This why Li Shuwen considered as one of the most dangerous assassins.

But Ken should be able to detect attack when it starts.

Yamatohime said:
I doubt that Ken can detect Li's ki. After all Li fools Nature instead of his opponent. This why Li Shuwen considered as one of the most dangerous assassins.

But Ken should be able to detect attack when it starts.
You'd be surprised how keen his senses are, remember both are are grandmasters of martial arts and both use ki as a whole in their fight.mimdont see how Kenshiro can't detect li even a little especially when it says lis move can still be avoided by some even though he will be invisible. Plus like lis cosmic orbital Kenshiro has a fighting aura always around him in case someone or something tries to suprise attack.

Back