• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no physical damage, but its still an attack and or technique, yes? If so, Garou copies. Garou has regenerated from his rib cage and everything on it being broken and severely damaged, so he should be fine. If not? Immortality Type 2 and the works.

I already answer that point, every servant can sense other servant, but those of the assassin class, especialy him bypass those.

How can Garou copy an ability that uses Verse Mechanics he has no access to? Worse, how fast can Garou regenerate from damage that stops his heart and fries his nervous system? Worse still, how can he actually stop Li from touching him in general, when Li is invisible, imperceptible to even servants who can sense killing intent better than magus who can sense killing intent, and on top of that, he won't be able to glean any details about the invisible murder strikes coming at him to do anything besides full body dodge roll away and just keep running because if Li touches him physically, he suffers the same attack again?

Worse still, what's stopping Li from stomping him flat after he gets his first hit, which should by all means put Garou down at least temporarily, as his regen, even if it was fast enough, still has to heal damage taken.

Is Garou's healing even fast enough for that? Like, instant or high speed? Because, after Li hits you, you just have a heart attack and die.

He's not copying his pseudo-noble phantasm. What verse Mechanics does he have access to that can allow him to utilize Chi in the same way Li can? This is like saying Garou can copy the Kamehameha, or Hisoka's Bungee Gum.

You don't even get it. Li's Technique isn't even an actual technique. It's almost a phenomenon, yeah? His Chinese Martial Arts skill is more possible to recreate than a noble phantasm that's a condensation of his life and capabilites that made him notable through history.

Give scans for ALL of your claims.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
I would say that would be GG, if not for Garou's Regen, Immortality Type 2, stamina, and high pain tolerance.
Regen does not help because there is no physical damage. Type 2 immortality is cool but he still needs nerves to move his body, which will be disrupted. Pain tolerance and stamina have nothing to do with this

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
People really like avoiding my points.
> Immortality Type 2, Pain Tolerence, Stamina

Let's say this No Second Strike hits him, along with the fighting style he uses. Garou dies, gets up in no time at all, copies, analyzes, uses it back on Assassin.
If Garou copies Li's martial arts, he'll just get something like Kirei Kotomine's version which kinda negs durability via attacking internal organs but none of the ki business. From what I understand, his Ki manip is very similar to a form of rudimentary magecraft, which falls outside of the verse mechanics of OPM. If he could copy something like Psychic powers, then perhaps he could copy Li's ki manip

Especially considering Li's Ki manipulation isn't just a Ko Punch— a Punch covered in energy, but he's literally blanketing you in his shit and wrapping your body in it to disconnect you from outside energies. It would require descent energy manipulation capacity and skill to make an aura around someone else, despite never manipulating energy b4.

Feats for that?

No, more like surrounding the opponent with energy and have it melt their nerves from the outside like acid.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Ah so li's stuff is more akin to One Piece's Goken? I.E, injecting the opponent with energy and having it blow up from within?
From what I understand, no. Li's martial arts, ignoring the ki stuff for a moment, is more like Whitebeard bypassing skin and bone to go straight for the organs with focused vibrations. Li's ki shit would be more like Sage Mode from Naruto, but instead of just flooding himself, he floods his enemy with it. Like when Naruto turned that dude into a frog via giving him nature energy, but instead Li just rocks the nervous system n shit

In addition to all of that, this may be both verse specific and ability specific, or at least one or the other. Does wrapping people with Ki in OPM cause heart failure? The profile's syntax implies that this is what happens when anyone puts Ki around anyone else, but it's probably due to how hard that is to do, or maybe it's just a unique thing for Li. Either way, copying it is a no.

I'm fairly certain its specifically how Li uses his Li that causes this effect. The sword saints have Ki as well, although they use it for Paralysis and fear hax instead of Li's stuff. "Sword Ki" is also passive, assuming you have enough focus, unlike Li

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I'm fairly certain its specifically how Li uses his Li that causes this effect. The sword saints have Ki as well, although they use it for Paralysis and fear hax instead of Li's stuff. "Sword Ki" is also passive, assuming you have enough focus, unlike Li
This would be correct, although there's the fact that Li's Ki isn't really the same as the Sword Saint's Ki, his comes from the Earth.

That's irrelevant. It's not an actual noble phantasm, but close, and even then, it's not an ability that can be easily replicated through skill alone.

Can Garou copy the Kamehameha? No. So not this either.

You need to provide feats for Garou to even imply that he can copy a technique this complex dude. What he's doing is a close range energy manipulation technique, not some martial arts hand movement. The burden of proof is on you, not just because it's your claim, but because we've already proven that people with very good power mimicry can't copy it. He doesn't need resistance to it— instead, it's about how difficult it is to recreate. Has Garou ever copied things like invisibility? Or copied things he couldn't see (due to being invisible) that had powers that were likely physiologically impossible for him to replicate? Has he ever copied energy blasts or anything? And how is that going to stop him from getting killed immediately after the first interaction, because Li WILL stomp him flat as SOON as he sees his body even twitch or slightly resist any instant death situation, which will reactivate No Second Strike, which will **** Garou even more, and also he's getting beat.

Servants are that ruthless, cautious, and effective. You literally have not explained how his "answers" help him. Essentially, even if we take into account what you say, it plays out like this.

Li, invisible or not, touches Garou with a strike, as any of his attacks, even feints, are able to induce death via nerves frying and the heart stopping. This fries Garou's nerves, and worst case, he falls to the ground half dead or dead. Half dead? Li keeps stomping on him until he doesn't have a body left. Best case scenario, Garou's heart and nerves received damage that's heavy enough to stun him, even if he can regenerate fast enough in combat. Problem being, that stunning will convey to Li that his attack isn't instant killing like it should, and he will immediately rush him down with his strikes, all reactivating the same nerve frying heart failure hax, essentially stun locking, or para-flinching, or basically true comboing Garou to death because he's stuck in hitstun. Even if he could copy it, and that's assuming he can copy his shit whilst Li is invisible, he'd have to not be locked down and stuck seizing during the match after every blow.

But **** it. Even if you could understand by now, you could easily just brick wall. I'm done.

I'm not sure why you're so heated, I generally thought all his abilities were martial arts based, and saw no resistance to power mimicry. I can understand my fault in thinking he could copy an NP, but he had no resistance to power mimicry. I don't see how that's my fault. Shuwen FRA.

Judging by the responses you've gotten on your message walls, it seems like you have a bit of a habit of insulting and getting pretty angry over this stuff. I don't know why you'd assume I'd brick wall you, especially when you've given pretty detailed debunks.

Most of the context, you don't have, so you don't really have much to read about me, and if you did, you'd know this isn't me being heated. At all. And I didn't even say anything bad. At worse, my all caps was because it's easier to type that than italics on mobile, so I just do that. I was more anticipating this dude to not really respond at all considering the fact that he's been rather smug and confident in his position. Knowing what little I know about Garou, he's never copied blatantly supernatural energy bullshit, and there's several reasons why him copying it is out of the question that were stated before anyone said anything, written on his page.

Like, Milly Rocker boy over here has posted many things that imply he's rather confident that Garou would win, despite his reasons not adding up. We had to repeat to him twice that Li can do all of this shit while being invisible, and unsensable to Beings that can sense other beings on some DBZ range shit. He continued to insist he can copy the style despite being told to provide proof for that. Etc. he even was like "you gonna ignore my points?" Or something. I figured that he didn't actually want to compromise, so I left because I said the same shit several times and he didn't understand until just now.

However, i'm picking up some provocative energy from a staff member here, so, maybe i'll just laugh at it and leave. Lmao

You brought it up though. To me. Here. And I didn't even do anything.

Votes are: at least 5 for Li. I dunno for Garou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back