• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Level 5s and Power Scaling

Kakine didn't see accel as a threat because he have DM body that can regenerate even his body is destroyed. And kakine just wait accel to run out of his battery and than finish him of. Even in their second fight non of his DM can't pass his reflection and need to play dirty with sister.

Yeah, Kakine was pretty much using mental tactics and time to his advantage. Kakine pretty much says, while the two are apart as Accelerator is charging his battery, that he needs to use Accel's weaknessess as a way to win. It was never a power battle but a battle based on calculation.

I asked DT to say what he thinks about Kakine scaling to Mikoto.

I think most agree with 8A Gunha, right? Should we add a possibly higher or simply 8A is fine?

L6S Mikoto idk if you all have already reached a conclusion, but i think she should be Unknown physically, 8A with iron sand and energy, H7A with lightnings and Black Sphere, does everyone agree with this or may want to suggest something else?

Btw, i think base mikoto also needs a small revision to her lightning and her railgun, since the tiers currently in the profile aren't for the full potential of these powers.

The Misaka Mikoto Level 6 parts look good to me. We don't really need to add her physical part though really.

Yeah. I think Gunha being upgraded to 8-A has been pretty much accepted by most here. Maybe DT will give us his thoughts too.

I will do a Mikoto CRT. I think her scaling needs sorting, in those areas once and for all because it's just causing confusing and causing havok with the scaling.

I'm kinda confused on what is wrong with base Misaka? I mean sure their's a lot of different ranking for different things but I'm not seeing anythig wrong.

I think the main problem is that her so called most powerful attack, her railgun is weaker than her Lightning strikes.

i think it's a case of calc, statements and feats all pretty much contradicting each other.

@Scrik Let me ask you this what would cause more physical damage the Raigun or the Lightning Stike? If people are confusse on this then simply add a Note to explain why her Railgun is weaker then her Lightning Stike, since a lightning Strike isn't really damaging compared to an object going over 3x the speed of sound, regardless of the amount of joules that are being produced.

Also remember that the Railgun is a small object going at highspeed in a straight line very few real world objects or martirials are going to stop it. While the lightning stike is just a charge of electrons (for aa lack of better description) that produce only a certain amount of heat for a short time so a lot of things can survive it, including human beings though I believe that's rare but I'm no expert.

I know how it works, all I;m saying that it's been a big issue with some and an on-going debate at times.

It's still good to do a CRT to finally deal with that issue, even if it turns out that the AP for both stays the same.

If that's the case then a note on her profile should be fine, a CRT seems over excessive if poeple are just simply not understanding how they compare so just simply explaining it would be enough.

The tier of her Railgun actually only aplies to coin Railgun, nothing is said about her strongest versions of this attack. Her lightning is currently 7C, but her lightnings can be up to H7C in perfect condition, and even below tier 7 if the distance is too great.

It's not just basic understanding though, there's a couple of other reasons as well. For one feats itself, an argument about the calc being a bit of an outlier. If it was just the case of one not understanding why two don't compare, a note could be doable, although notes never really work as most tend to look at the AP only.

Truthfully I don't care either way if I do a CRT or not but there's no harm in doing one and getting everyone's proper opinions on it.

I will leave it for a couple of days and see what everyone else thinks on making a CRT regarding Misaka, if most agree I will do one, if most don't I won't. Like I said I'm not overly bothered either way, it never bothered me only in regards of scaling. It's the scaling that is the main issue here.

what was her strongest version? The one she used againts Doppleganer?

I'm not familiar with the Lightning physics so I can't say anything for that but if that's a case then simply putting At least or possibly higher would be best unless we have any scans or statments to help support it.

Yeah, probably that (unless we count the Liquid Proof, which is a clear outlier).

Her lightnings have literally a calc that put them at this level, the calc is in her profile.

I don't think a lot of details was presented on that one but I think it could be use though I'm no calc member.

wasn't that one in her L6SM? can that be backwards scale cause it was stated that her power was incressed when the shift started.

For some reason I thought you were talking about tthe H7A feat since you were talking about it being stronger then the 7C feat so I was confused.

Mikoto is only 7-C with her lightning strikes, the other bit was a failed attempt with the calc, so it's not Small town-large town, it's only Town level.

I asked DT to say something here, so i think we should wait. But anyway, the 7C calc comes from a feat 7 meters away, and each meter divides her power by 1015, so attacks from greater distances will have lower ap and attack from smaller distances will have greater ap.

Should we make the changes that are already accepted (8A Gunha and L6S)? And move Kakine's scale to a CRT Scrlk will do to Base Mikoto?

I forgot this thread existed, can i do the agreed changes to Gunha and Mikoto or Lazy/Accelerate/someone else should do it?

I just thought so because when discussing Accelerator vs Hit in a separate thread someone brought up a quote and it was stated that even if Accelerator gathered the energies of the world it still wouldn't of been enough to beat him.

That was not what was said. The line about the energies happened after Kakine was defeated (again) by a mere move of Accelerator's hand. Kakine didn't understand how that was possible and guessed Accelerator used all the energy in the world to do so but thought that was an impossible thing to do.

It was armies that Kakine said couldn't defeat him, he said that all the armies in the world wouldn't have been enough to defeat him.

Actually the armies and esper, but I think it more arrogant part of kakine, he believed that he can defeated all armies and esper. Kakine personality is overconfident more so than accelerator. In their first fight kakine even boast than with his power he can defeat accel easily but in the end he defeated in a second

It was most certaintly the arrogance talking there. One shouldn't believe what Kakine says however I can actually believe he can take on most of the world's armies. That part doesn't seem to far fetched. It's unlikely he could have taken on all armies at once but one army at a time could have been possible, not including any magic side armies here of course.

The arrogance part was more that he thought he could defeat Accel.

Back